Anybody know what the process is for fixing a screen lift on an early build (UK bought) KEYone that's out of warranty?

I really thought my early model was unaffected, but sadly not.

I'm kind of gutted as my KEYone is (was) finally running so beautifully and I was planning on keeping it until at least a KEY3 came out.

Can this be fixed without having to wipe the phone and sending it off?

I know this has been covered a million times, but not really sure where to start.

Thanks for any advice.
    01-22-19 02:21 AM
    If the ribbon or screen has not been damage... there are a few "fix" videos on youtube. Little double sided tape.
    01-22-19 07:04 AM
    What a good idea! I don't usually use YouTube so had completely overlooked that. thank you.
    01-22-19 09:21 AM
    What a good idea! I don't usually use YouTube so had completely overlooked that. thank you.
    Pretty sure if you stayed at a Holiday Inn and watched YouTube... you could do brain surgery.
    brookie229 and FF22 like this.
    01-22-19 10:03 AM
    it's been reported on other threads here that they'll still support your out of warranty screen lift service request since it's an acknowledged fault in their build process
    01-22-19 10:37 PM
    Honestly, I would just use some double-sided tape to stick it back down.
    01-22-19 11:09 PM
    i used double side tape ( i used about 3 strips) but then it lifted again. so i said f**k it, and i dropped a few drops of gorilla glue. No lifting since.
    01-23-19 12:47 AM
    I took my KEYone to a local cell phone repair shop. They were able to re-tape the screen.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-23-19 10:23 AM
    Anybody know what the process is for fixing a screen lift on an early build (UK bought) KEYone that's out of warranty?

I'm kind of gutted as my KEYone is (was) finally running so beautifully and I was planning on keeping it until at least a KEY3 came out.

I know this has been covered a million times, but not really sure where to start.

Thanks for any advice.
    I used a thin bead of clear RTV silicone adhesive along the perimeter of the screen to glue mine back down.

RTV is flexible and non-permanent, but its a strong adhesive.
    01-23-19 06:30 PM
    I did advanced replacement... they took my card and showed $440 on their site but no charge or even temporary hold was ever put on. the whole thing went very fast. they paid s/h both ways. I received a phone I assume is refurbished, but it had not one sign of not being brand new...plastic film o camera and flash and screen and all good... I have no complaints about it at all...

I dreaded setting up again... it was easy... you have both phones for a bit, so you can redo the homepages the same way... watch out, Notes will get lost so backup to Keep or use BlackBerry Content Transfer... there are wikis posted on CB

You will be thrilled. They issue a warranty for the new one... I was beside myself before and felt like a sissy afterwards... all my docs and photos were on my 400GB card and it was an easy move...

Do it !!
    Jake2826 likes this.
    01-24-19 08:41 PM
    just fixed mines after my son dropped it in Aldi and the screen smashed. the fix was dead easy. if anyone wants to know let me know. the screen I got from ebay for 33 quid. I can send sellers details as this screen is good. also used 4mm double sided tape. took around 20 mins. the back cover is tricky and I broke a tab but it was already coming off anyway.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-25-19 03:49 AM

Thanks for any advice.
    As someone below mentioned, most local cell repair shops can probably fix it for not much money. But you are probably still covered by warranty but that means sending it off.

Just be CAREFUL - do not let the ribbon cable tear. I used four strips of scotch tape to temporarily anchor it.
    01-25-19 12:58 PM
    I did advanced replacement... they took my card and showed $440 on their site but no charge or even temporary hold was ever put on. the whole thing went very fast. they paid s/h both ways. I received a phone I assume is refurbished, but it had not one sign of not being brand new...plastic film o camera and flash and screen and all good... I have no complaints about it at all...

I dreaded setting up again... it was easy... you have both phones for a bit, so you can redo the homepages the same way... watch out, Notes will get lost so backup to Keep or use BlackBerry Content Transfer... there are wikis posted on CB

You will be thrilled. They issue a warranty for the new one... I was beside myself before and felt like a sissy afterwards... all my docs and photos were on my 400GB card and it was an easy move...

Do it !!
    Many thanks for this, and also to everybody else who chipped in with suggestions.

What a great community
    01-25-19 07:41 PM
    Many thanks for this, and also to everybody else who chipped in with suggestions.

What a great community
    I was in agony for weeks before doing this. It turned out to be painless.

I have learned a lot on CB and given BlackBerry lost its way long time ago, CB has become the primary source.

I have been denigrated by some, but others have helped me graciously and expertly. I am grateful for the latter.

To that end, I am also grateful for the opportunity to return the favors when I can.
    01-26-19 05:01 AM