Hello everyone,

Three days ago, the screen of my blackberry KeyOne fell off the frame (see image 1 & 2). Since then, the screen is holding on the frame with some tapes (image 3)...

At first, I contacted FNAC because I bought the phone from them (I bought it on July 2017). But the thing is, my KeyOne is reconditioned (they told me the phone came from customers who returned the phone within 14 days after they bought it). Being reconditioned, FNAC warranty was only 6 months (now expired). And when I asked them if the factory warranty could work, they said that because the phone is reconditioned, they had no idea if it was less than 1 yo.

Sooo, my actual question would be: do you think I can contact Blackberry to see if the factory warranty would work? (If yes, is there an email available?) I also saw this post https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...y-1113727-new/ does anyone know if you have to pay to call them?

To resume:
    • I bought the phone in France
    • Phone is reconditioned
    • I'm using my French number
    • I'm not in France actually (in the UK)
    • The screen is still working
    • Fnac warranty is expired
    • I don't know if the factory warranty is still good...

If anyone can help me, I would be grateful. I don't know who to contact (Blackberry Mobile Support in the UK or the one in France? Or someone else?)

Thank you

PS. I have the receipt from FNAC.

Screen fell off the frame. Who to contact ?-img-20180515-wa0002.jpgScreen fell off the frame. Who to contact ?-img-20180515-wa0001.jpgScreen fell off the frame. Who to contact ?-img-20180515-wa0036.png
    05-18-18 05:04 AM
    Since the screen is still working, the fastest and least hassle thing to do would be to either take it to a local repair shop and pay them to attach the screen back, preferably using double sided 3M smartphone tape.
    Or, fix it yourself if you're feeling adventurous. (You must be extremely careful and gentle as the ribbon cable is fragile).

I know you shouldn't have to pay, as it is a manufacturing defect but people's experiences have varied.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-18-18 05:26 AM
    Hello the_boon,
    Thank you for your answer!

Since the screen is still working, the fastest and least hassle thing to do would be to either take it to a local repair shop and pay them to attach the screen back, preferably using double sided 3M smartphone tape.
    Yes, this might be the fastest solution. I will try to see how much I would have to pay if I have to do that eventually.

I know you shouldn't have to pay, as it is a manufacturing defect but people's experiences have varied.
    If the factory warranty can work, I'll go for it. But I definitely don't know who to contact...

Anyway, thank you again for your advice!
    05-18-18 05:42 AM
    Hello the_boon,
    Thank you for your answer!

Yes, this might be the fastest solution. I will try to see how much I would have to pay if I have to do that eventually.

If the factory warranty can work, I'll go for it. But I definitely don't know who to contact...

Anyway, thank you again for your advice!
    If you don't have a spare smartphone that you can use during the warranty process, then don't do it. Unless you can live without a phone for days or possibly weeks.
    Again, people's experiences varied tremendously with this issue. Not sure how how it is in the UK for the most part... but then again you have an azerty version.

I'm saying this because personally, I had issues with my first KEYone but it was the other way around. It was in France but with a BBB100-1 qwerty model and the BB certified Alcatel center denied the repair because it wasn't a French model.
    05-18-18 05:53 AM
    If you don't have a spare smartphone that you can use during the warranty process, then don't do it. Unless you can live without a phone for days or possibly weeks.
    Again, people's experiences varied tremendously with this issue. Not sure how how it is in the UK for the most part... but then again you have an azerty version.
    Oh wow weeks! I didn't know that could take that much time! But anyway, I would buy a cheap phone or ask friends if this works.

I'm saying this because personally, I had issues with my first KEYone but it was the other way around. It was in France but with a BBB100-1 qwerty model and the BB certified Alcatel center denied the repair because it wasn't a French model.
    Ah yeah, that's litterally the other way around. I'm in the UK at the moment (until the end of August or September) and I have a French model and they might deny it because it's not a qwerty one...

We shall see...
    Thanks again for answering the_boon!
    05-18-18 06:10 AM
    It is not really hard to repair the screen.
    I would rather just fix it myself.
    It will take less than 15 min.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-18 06:21 AM
    You can check ifixit website for the directions of Keyone disassembly.
    You will need to move the top frame and the back cover to see the screws that you need toremove. You only need to remove the screws that fix the connector that is located on the right bottom. There are actually two of connectors down there, and you will need to remove the upper one. After the connector is loosened, you can take the screen off. Be very very carefulness with the flex cable because it is very very fragile. And bingo, the screen is off. You can re-attach it back with the double-sided tape. And then put them in the reverse order.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-18 06:29 AM
    You will need to move the top frame and the back cover to see the screws that you need toremove. You only need to remove the screws that fix the connector that is located on the right bottom. There are actually two of connectors down there, and you will need to remove the upper one. After the connector is loosened, you can take the screen off. Be very very carefulness with the flex cable because it is very very fragile. And bingo, the screen is off. You can re-attach it back with the double-sided tape. And then put them in the reverse order.

Posted via CB10
    He only needs to remove the back cover, not the top of the frame. I done it myself.

All he needs is the double sided tape and this video:

05-18-18 07:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thank you leeiling for the tip. Right now, I'm not feeling that adventurous to do myself !

All he needs is the double sided tape and this video
    Thank you again the_boon for the video. I might do that if the factory warranty is not working! (but not right now)
    05-18-18 08:26 AM
    05-18-18 09:08 AM