I would try Carphone Warehouse first. It took 27 days from start to finish to get my KEYone screen pop off issue fixed
    Hi, do you mean fixed or replaced? Cheers :-)
    07-17-17 12:11 PM
    From what I've seen and read, the first batches did not have date of manufacture anywhere on the box or the protective plastic on the screen. It would seem that as of about June 11th the date now is shown on the protective plastic on the screen coming out of the box.
    Mine was a first batch, 29th April. My box has the date on it. My screen fell off on 7th July. Crap customer service from Blackberry/TCL for UK owner's.
    07-17-17 12:14 PM
    Mine was a first batch, 29th April. My box has the date on it. My screen fell off on 7th July. Crap customer service from Blackberry/TCL for UK owner's.
    Curious what phone you using now man?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-17 12:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    A mucho cheapo Moto G5, cost £178 from Amazon Prime, delivered same day (Saturday 15th).
    07-17-17 12:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    A mucho cheapo Moto G5, cost £178 from Amazon Prime, delivered same day (Saturday 15th).
    07-17-17 12:45 PM
    I bought mine outright cash too. It's been less than 3 months since launch!!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm seriously considering changing phones now, as I'm going to be out of the UK from next month for a while so will cause issues if I have a problem like this again.

What are the chances that Carphone will refund me considering I got it on launch day?
    This is a tough one. Maybe just ensure you have some damn good glue with you where you are so that when the display does fall out you may temporarily put it back on.
    07-17-17 01:07 PM
    Hi, do you mean fixed or replaced? Cheers :-)
    They replaced it with a new KEYone. But they did reuse the box I shipped it to them in. Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. Haha
    07-17-17 01:14 PM
    I'm actually glad my screen lifted early. I got the "upgraded" version now. Gives me 10 months time to see if BlackBerry was full of baloney.
    07-17-17 01:45 PM
    Went to CPW today. Rude staff said it won't be covered by the warranty and that I broke the screen.

Further to this, he said just because people have said they have a screen problem online, I wouldn't believe it.

The only thing they offered, after I said it is a problem, (In store and over the phone) is repair (Up to 28 days). The tech guys would assess and see if they think it's damaged caused by me or not.

I'm having to (Unfortunately), take the SBE route, even after reading the horror stories on here.

It's an absolute joke, when you pre-order and pay £500 for a phone.
    07-17-17 05:08 PM
    well look at the bright side, no one with a Keyone has been forced to surrender it before boarding an airplane! LOLOL, Samsung you make great phones
    07-18-17 12:23 AM
    Went to CPW today. Rude staff said it won't be covered by the warranty and that I broke the screen.

Further to this, he said just because people have said they have a screen problem online, I wouldn't believe it.

The only thing they offered, after I said it is a problem, (In store and over the phone) is repair (Up to 28 days). The tech guys would assess and see if they think it's damaged caused by me or not.

I'm having to (Unfortunately), take the SBE route, even after reading the horror stories on here.

Yes it's so bad. I've followed the procedures as posted on CB. Contacted Blackberry Care via the UK 0800 number. Have since decided that SBE aren't to be trusted. Blackberry haven't offered a new updated KEYone and as such I've now put this into the hands of my credit card company for a refund. Unless I'm offered a new updated KEYone, I'm done with Blackberry.
    07-18-17 11:28 AM

Yes it's so bad. I've followed the procedures as posted on CB. Contacted Blackberry Care via the UK 0800 number. Have since decided that SBE aren't to be trusted. Blackberry haven't offered a new updated KEYone and as such I've now put this into the hands of my credit card company for a refund. Unless I'm offered a new updated KEYone, I'm done with Blackberry.
    07-18-17 11:28 AM
    Thanks for the info yamahammer but my BB100-2 came with a build date of 030617 🤔. But that does make sense. I've seen a couple of photos with no build date.
    I had no build date on any stickers on the box or device itself, on either my first one ordered on Amazon from TCL Communications on 5/31 or the one they replaced it with a couple weeks ago.
    07-18-17 12:08 PM
    Ah! Let's see what happens with mine through SBE. Not much hope.

Lucky you paid on a credit card, I paid on my debit card so I don't believe I'm covered.
    07-18-17 12:34 PM
    Sadness......my KeyOne screen has separated as well. I've dropped it a few times, seemed to ok after. Then yesterday morning when my alarm went off, I picked up my phone to turn it off the alarm and the right side of the screen lifted out. I've put scotch tape on the corners to hold the screen in place. Phone works fine still, no other issues.
    I purchased through Rogers on a corporate plan on June 7th. Today I called into Rogers tech support and they will SWAP my KeyOne for a new one, once available, as they guy said they were out of stock currently. $35 for shipping.
    So hopefully they will send one fairly soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Screen Come Off-img_20170717_143936.jpg   Screen Come Off-img_20170718_122229.jpg  
    07-18-17 01:45 PM
    It isn't inevitable that your screen is going to fall off. Just a quick post on my experience thus far.

I am one of the lucky few who was able to order from Amazon on 5/31. I took delivery on 6/2. Last week I sat my KEYone on the vanity that's approximately 4-5 feet above my toilet. I watched my phone fall, rotate repeatedly, and smack screen side down directly onto the opened toilet. It hit the porcelain directly, and then tumbled onto my wooden floor. It landed face down. Total distance is about six feet.

I was shocked and relieved when I pick it up and the screen was still attached. Since that day I have zero concerns about the build quality.
    Well, well, well. My screen suffered the same fate as many here. Picked it up this morning and as I checked my emails I noticed light bleeding from the left side. Turned the phone over and of course the entire left side was detached.

Thanks to my obsession to CrackBerry I knew exactly what to do: started the return process. Then I called my local hardware store looking for 2mm double-sided tape. Took a razor blade with me to pick up the tape. Repaired phone while inside of my car.

Read every single post in the Mega Thread.
    Couldn't stand the thought of using my PRIV or DTEK 60 even on an interim basis. For me this is the best course of action. Once my replacement arrives I'll just ship this one back.

BTW... my fixed KEYone seems fine.
    07-18-17 03:47 PM
    So, just to keep everyone updated.

SBE received my phone on 24th July. Till 26th July they said it's with engineer, and late on 26th it said Awaiting component

Called them Thursday and they said it should take a couple of days for the part to come. Anyway, by Friday it says fixed awaiting despatch. I received it today.

My box is the same (Though they've messed it up big time - I like to have my box nice and clean (IMEI Sticker intact etc). They put somet tape around the box and it's just messed it up. IMEI sticker has ripped off almost fully. So not happy with that

The phone - though they said awaiting components - has a different IMEI to mine so not sure what they've done. Whether it's a fixed phone from a faulty batch, or one from the faulty batch that yet is to suffer the issue. Only time will tell...
    08-01-17 04:55 PM
42 12