Hi,

I bought my phone on launch day in UK from Carphone and this has literally happened.

Is it the common fault we're reading about?

What procedure should I follow? Take it to Carphone for a repair?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Screen Come Off-img-20170717-wa0002.jpg  
    07-16-17 06:22 PM
    Jeez. This is an epidemic.
    07-16-17 06:47 PM
    I believe BBMobile will replace them under your manufacture warranty. details are in the booklet. (Assuming you don't already have insurance).
    07-16-17 07:06 PM
    I would like to know the production date of the new and improved ones so I don't get the old stock with the screens coming off.
    07-16-17 07:13 PM
    Hi,

I bought my phone on launch day in UK from Carphone and this has literally happened.

Is it the common fault we're reading about?

What procedure should I follow? Take it to Carphone for a repair?

Thanks
    If you get a hold of BBMobile please let us know how it goes. I feel like it's not "if" my screen come off but "when". Any info would be great. Also what is the build date of your phone located on the box? Should be a 6 digit number.
    scott8629 likes this.
    07-16-17 08:11 PM
    If you get a hold of BBMobile please let us know how it goes. I feel like it's not "if" my screen come off but "when". Any info would be great. Also what is the build date of your phone located on the box? Should be a 6 digit number.
    It isn't inevitable that your screen is going to fall off. Just a quick post on my experience thus far.

I am one of the lucky few who was able to order from Amazon on 5/31. I took delivery on 6/2. Last week I sat my KEYone on the vanity that's approximately 4-5 feet above my toilet. I watched my phone fall, rotate repeatedly, and smack screen side down directly onto the opened toilet. It hit the porcelain directly, and then tumbled onto my wooden floor. It landed face down. Total distance is about six feet.

I was shocked and relieved when I pick it up and the screen was still attached. Since that day I have zero concerns about the build quality.
    deezus48 likes this.
    07-16-17 08:52 PM
    I would try Carphone Warehouse first. It took 27 days from start to finish to get my KEYone screen pop off issue fixed
    07-16-17 09:24 PM
    It isn't inevitable that your screen is going to fall off. Just a quick post on my experience thus far.

I am one of the lucky few who was able to order from Amazon on 5/31. I took delivery on 6/2. Last week I sat my KEYone on the vanity that's approximately 4-5 feet above my toilet. I watched my phone fall, rotate repeatedly, and smack screen side down directly onto the opened toilet. It hit the porcelain directly, and then tumbled onto my wooden floor. It landed face down. Total distance is about six feet.

I was shocked and relieved when I pick it up and the screen was still attached. Since that day I have zero concerns about the build quality.
    Hopefully that's the case with majority of the phones! What's the build date off your Keyone?
    07-16-17 09:32 PM
    Hopefully that's the case with majority of the phones! What's the build date off your Keyone?
    From what I've seen and read, the first batches did not have date of manufacture anywhere on the box or the protective plastic on the screen. It would seem that as of about June 11th the date now is shown on the protective plastic on the screen coming out of the box.
    deezus48 likes this.
    07-16-17 09:57 PM
    From what I've seen and read, the first batches did not have date of manufacture anywhere on the box or the protective plastic on the screen. It would seem that as of about June 11th the date now is shown on the protective plastic on the screen coming out of the box.
    Thanks for the info yamahammer but my BB100-2 came with a build date of 030617 šŸ¤”. But that does make sense. I've seen a couple of photos with no build date.
    07-16-17 10:19 PM

If you've been following the dozens of reports in the mega thread, one doesn't need to drop the phone or abuse it for the screen to spontaneously eject.
    scott8629 likes this.
    07-16-17 10:39 PM
    Thanks for the info yamahammer but my BB100-2 came with a build date of 030617 šŸ¤”. But that does make sense. I've seen a couple of photos with no build date.
    June 3rd to June 11th then! :-)
    deezus48 likes this.
    07-16-17 10:43 PM
    I don't believe phone screen easily dropped off . that screen easily dropped out may heavy impacted caused or unscrewed phone before .
    deezus48 likes this.
    07-16-17 10:59 PM
    No build date on my box nor was it on my sticker.
    deezus48 likes this.
    07-16-17 11:24 PM
    If you've been following the dozens of reports in the mega thread, one doesn't need to drop the phone or abuse it for the screen to spontaneously eject.
    You're right.
    I just wanted to share my experience.
    07-16-17 11:26 PM
    You're right.
    I just wanted to share my experience.
    If you drop your KEYone, you will never have to worry. Like those other forumers who dropped their phone wayyyy to much, and have no screen issues.

It is those who baby'ed it and care it tenderly will have screen lifts.. You only need to worry about the screen lift if you do not drop it!!! /sarcasm

Kidding buddy.. =)
    07-16-17 11:30 PM
    Jeez. This is an epidemic.
    Believe it or not, there are still hardcore loyalists who think this is just a small issue. LOL.

Honestly it seems this will happen to most K1s if not all that have not been repaired or those sold before the Screen Lift announcement.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    07-17-17 12:21 AM
    I have to say seeing all these posts does make me nervous. I bought mine outright. it a lots of cash to lay down. I'm sure a serial number run could be checked by BlackBerry and a recall as a gesture of goodwill. I mean even with the antenna issue on iPhone 4. Apple went above and beyond. cmon BlackBerry give me some confidence that the keyone I own are secure šŸ”
    07-17-17 02:19 AM

Lol you have the worlds tallest vanity if its 4 to 5 feet above your toilet.

And many on here dropped their K1's and nothing happened to the screen, until it eventually fell out.
    07-17-17 03:35 AM
    Believe it or not, there are still hardcore loyalists who think this is just a small issue. LOL.

Honestly it seems this will happen to most K1s if not all that have not been repaired or those sold before the Screen Lift announcement.
    This is a hilarious comment. Thanks for laugh buddy.
    07-17-17 04:21 AM
    I have to say seeing all these posts does make me nervous. I bought mine outright. it a lots of cash to lay down. I'm sure a serial number run could be checked by BlackBerry and a recall as a gesture of goodwill. I mean even with the antenna issue on iPhone 4. Apple went above and beyond. cmon BlackBerry give me some confidence that the keyone I own are secure šŸ”
    I bought mine outright cash too. It's been less than 3 months since launch!!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm seriously considering changing phones now, as I'm going to be out of the UK from next month for a while so will cause issues if I have a problem like this again.

What are the chances that Carphone will refund me considering I got it on launch day?
    07-17-17 04:29 AM
    I bought mine outright cash too. It's been less than 3 months since launch!!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm seriously considering changing phones now, as I'm going to be out of the UK from next month for a while so will cause issues if I have a problem like this again.

What are the chances that Carphone will refund me considering I got it on launch day?
    I'd say slim to none, but worth having a chat.

Bear in mind this is an issue that affects a small number of devices. It's unfortunate but these things happen and it's certainly not unique to BB. When you get your new keyone you can rest easy knowing that any screen issue has been addressed and you have a very robust device.
    07-17-17 05:33 AM
    I don't believe phone screen easily dropped off . that screen easily dropped out may heavy impacted caused or unscrewed phone before .
    For great justice!
    07-17-17 05:37 AM
    I believe BBMobile will replace them under your manufacture warranty. details are in the booklet. (Assuming you don't already have insurance).
    Sorry but not so, if you live in the UK. Expect not to be offered a new KEYone. Check out the KEYone screen megathread here on CB.
    07-17-17 12:06 PM
    Sorry mate, I thought my KEYone was in the clear, bought on 29th April at Selfridge's. Screen fell out on 7th July. BB Care (don't make me laugh) aren't replacing UK customers KEYone's. Check out the KEYone screen megathread here on CB.
    07-17-17 12:10 PM
42 12