Well after 4 months of excellent performance etc from my BBK1 with an April build date - my screen started letting go. Not a big deal in my mind given warranty.

However, response time on my warranty claim has been unacceptable. Sent in an email - got a very quick response....I provided the details they asked then two days passed with no call like they indicated. I called and they asked why I didn't provide the info....upon review they acknowledged I provided everything except cc for return of my old device....the cc that they were supposed to call me for.

Its been 4 days - no info on the shipment of the replacement.

Should be a good call today to them
    10-02-17 06:49 AM
    got mine replaced in a week. got Aug 24 build now.
    10-02-17 08:46 AM
    how do you check the build date?
    10-02-17 09:03 AM
    how do you check the build date?
    It may or may not be on the box or label attached to the back.

You can find the assembly date for the unit in the MMI test / Traceability menu

1 - Dial *#2886#
    2 - Hit "MANU"
    3 - Then "Traceability" on top
    4 - Hit "Pass"
    5 - On the bottom should be your build date
    6 - Hit "Pass" again
    7 - Scroll to bottom and hit "exit"

You should get a date code like in:

yyyymmdd
    10-02-17 09:16 AM
    After about 4 months my screen started to lift as well. Build date was April 25, 2017. Sent email to BlackBerry Mobile and they responded with one back and a phone number. Called last Tuesday with all the details including credit card information. Called again Saturday as I had not received tracking number for replacement KEYone. They apologized and said that usually 5-7 business was when it would be sent out. Hopefully it will be sent out this week. Fingers crossed, lol.

Received new KEYone Oct. 3rd, so took a week. Build date of "09292017" and they also included a BlackBerry Dual Layer case as well.
    Last edited by booker1953; 10-03-17 at 11:34 PM.
    10-02-17 01:28 PM
    Not to sound ignorant, but can't you just use some sort of super glue or hot glue to fasten the screen yourself? Seems like less heartache to me.
    10-03-17 11:18 PM
    Not to sound ignorant, but can't you just use some sort of super glue or hot glue to fasten the screen yourself? Seems like less heartache to me.
    of course we can do that problem is if the phone has some other kind of problem that isnt the screen then they may not warranty your device because you tampered with it.
    10-03-17 11:33 PM
    And just to add caution to this suggestion - fixing the screen yourself is fine. But there have been suggestions, not to glue it with something that can't be removed. Amazon sells two-sided tape used to secure screens to phone bodies. A better choice.
    10-04-17 01:32 AM
    of course we can do that problem is if the phone has some other kind of problem that isnt the screen then they may not warranty your device because you tampered with it.
    And just to add caution to this suggestion - fixing the screen yourself is fine. But there have been suggestions, not to glue it with something that can't be removed. Amazon sells two-sided tape used to secure screens to phone bodies. A better choice.
    Okay, thank you both for the response! I understand now.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-04-17 08:02 PM