I still think it must be doing fairly well for them, or they wouldn't be contemplating not one (as originally planned), but two more devices in the line for March.
    I am angry at this
    12-12-19 01:38 PM
    TCL/BBMo is not BlackBerry.... anyone thinking that three years from now there will be old KEY devices still to be found is going to be in for a shock. Right now I think the are working really hard to reduce inventory, while making a profit. Pulling from one market, reflashing and boxing and shipping to other markets to sell at full price. By the time they get to the clearance phase, there won't be much inventory.

Only thing you'll see two years from now is when someone croaks and his spouse cleans out his closet and finds ten KEY2 sitting there.
    12-12-19 02:05 PM
    Only thing you'll see two years from now is when someone croaks and his spouse cleans out his closet and finds ten KEY2 sitting there.
    I can't help but to laugh at this, because I might be one of those. But it would be more like three of each KEYBerry and one Priv (cherry) on top.
    12-12-19 02:13 PM
    There is zero reason to buy a Plex, hence why logic says it should fail.

Then maybe we'll get a KEY3
    TCL Plex AKA the Evolve X Killer
    12-12-19 06:12 PM
    TCL Plex AKA the Evolve X Killer
    It didn't kill anything (aside from the fact that the Evolve X was never born in the first place)

I did a quick search on eBay and couldn't find a single Plex.

It certainly has got me perPLEXed about how this thing is gonna be profitable for TCL.

Useless phone no one needs, and it's got crappy reviews too.
    12-12-19 08:59 PM
    It didn't kill anything (aside from the fact that the Evolve X was never born in the first place)

I did a quick search on eBay and couldn't find a single Plex.

It certainly has got me perPLEXed about how this thing is gonna be profitable for TCL.

Useless phone no one needs, and it's got crappy reviews too.
    It’s similar regional offering to Evolve or so it seems.... probably made from the shelved Evolve X chassis like the rebadged Key2 now
    12-12-19 09:42 PM
    Triple tap the power button calls emergency number 112.

Also, the keys kind of just click better on the TCL models
    I've had both and respectfully disagree. Key action seems identical between my BBB100-7 and my AT&T branded BBB100-1. I also like the ability to have a data SIM in there when I'm roaming travelling to supplement my carrier's SIM.. The triple-tap thing sounds like a deal breaker until you realize that a) it's improbable that you're going to accidentally triple-tap the power key and; b) Dialing 112 isn't going to summon emergency services. :-)
    12-15-19 06:57 AM
    I've had both and respectfully disagree. Key action seems identical between my BBB100-7 and my AT&T branded BBB100-1. I also like the ability to have a data SIM in there when I'm roaming travelling to supplement my carrier's SIM.. The triple-tap thing sounds like a deal breaker until you realize that a) it's improbable that you're going to accidentally triple-tap the power key and; b) Dialing 112 isn't going to summon emergency services. :-)
    Well, yeah I don't expect different variants of the KEYone to have different level of clickiness of the power button.

A) not that improbable, it happened to me several times when I owned one of those Indian KEYone's.

B) the main problem is that it DOES call emergency services, the call to 112 gets rerouted to 911 if you're in the US
    12-15-19 01:20 PM
    Well, yeah I don't expect different variants of the KEYone to have different level of clickiness of the power button.

A) not that improbable, it happened to me several times when I owned one of those Indian KEYone's.

B) the main problem is that it DOES call emergency services, the call to 112 gets rerouted to 911 if you're in the US
    Ouch! Wasn't aware of that. How do you accidentally triple tap the power button several time, though? Nervous twitch? :-)

I wonder if carriers reroute 112 to 911 in Canada?
    12-16-19 05:36 AM
    Ouch! Wasn't aware of that. How do you accidentally triple tap the power button several time, though? Nervous twitch? :-)

I believe it’s standard emergency protocols to protect travelers in foreign country.
    12-16-19 09:43 AM
    Black Edition is a good phone. No more updates though. Better think about a Key2 or Key2 LE at this point.
    the_boon likes this.
    12-16-19 03:59 PM
    Black edition KeyOne is $379 on Amazon Canada.
    12-16-19 06:54 PM

It's actually fairly easy to do when jammed in a pocket.
    12-16-19 11:03 PM
    It's actually fairly easy to do when jammed in a pocket.
    Right, especially since it has a weak spring behind that power button.

The difference between it and some slabs that have a very stiff one is night and day
    12-17-19 08:53 AM
39 12