For a few weeks/months, for some reason the Black Edition 64GB (not the AT&T 3/32, and not the Indian dual SIM -7) is getting really hard to find.

Any idea why?
    12-11-19 03:14 PM
    It's an old, discontinued device. the -7 may have been produced in different numbers, or not sold as well.

I know when I bought mine last year, I initially was sent a -7 and returned it for a -1 BE.
    12-11-19 03:32 PM
    I know when I bought mine last year, I initially was sent a -7 and returned it for a -1 BE.
    best decision!
    12-11-19 03:34 PM
    because it's quite a good phone!
    bh7171 likes this.
    12-11-19 04:03 PM
    For a few weeks/months, for some reason the Black Edition 64GB (not the AT&T 3/32, and not the Indian dual SIM -7) is getting really hard to find.

Any idea why?
    It was heavily discounted at beginning of year. It’s just run it’s course
    12-11-19 05:36 PM
    I love mine
    bh7171 likes this.
    12-11-19 08:14 PM
    Maybe no one wants to get rid of theirs??

Kind of like the Red KEY2
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    12-11-19 09:51 PM
    What's wrong with the Indian KeyOne?
    12-12-19 12:45 AM
    What's wrong with the Indian KeyOne?
    Triple tap the power button calls emergency number 112.

Also, the keys kind of just click better on the TCL models
    12-12-19 06:22 AM
    is there absolutely nothing in the pipeline from TCL ?
    12-12-19 07:54 AM
    is there absolutely nothing in the pipeline from TCL ?
    TCL? Sure, lots. Plex Lite, Plex Pro. (Both in addition to current Plex.)

BlackBerry-branded? No.
    12-12-19 08:01 AM
    Plex Lite, Plex Pro. (Both in addition to current Plex.)
    Phones nobody needs or asked for
    12-12-19 10:02 AM
    Phones nobody needs or asked for
    Not us maybe, but they probably sold more Plex devices than all of their BBMo devices over the last 2.5 years combined.
    12-12-19 10:10 AM
    Not us maybe, but they probably sold more Plex devices than all of their BBMo devices over the last 2.5 years combined.
    Source?

And I doubt it, who needs a TCL Plex when there are far better options from better OEM's out there at every price range.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    12-12-19 10:14 AM
    Source?

And I doubt it, who needs a TCL Plex when there are far better options from better OEM's out there at every price range.
    What source? I said "probably".

They obviously think it's a far more lucrative proposition than anything BlackBerry-branded. So....

Nor is it that hard to get to 1.2 - 1.5 million.

Don't forget, TCL was the 4th biggest smartphone player in the N.A. Android market last year - and they didn't get much from BBMo, lol.
    12-12-19 10:47 AM

They obviously think it's a far more lucrative proposition than anything BlackBerry-branded. So....

Don't forget, TCL was the 4th biggest smartphone player in the N.A. Android market last year - and they didn't get much from BBMo, lol.
    There is zero reason to buy a Plex, hence why logic says it should fail.

Then maybe we'll get a KEY3
    12-12-19 11:21 AM

Has BlackBerry Mobile or TCL ever formally release the # of Key devices sold here in NA? (or Globally?) Maybe TCL will give users a "Plex" or better yet new Key device when they buy a flat panel TV? (We own two of their 6 series ROKU '65 and '55 sets and they are great smart TV's) I am also fond of my BE KeyOne. Just wish BB Ltd. and BB Mo. would support them longer as they and ALL OEM's should.
    the_boon likes this.
    12-12-19 12:52 PM
    Then maybe we'll get a KEY3
    Or a unicorn!
    John Albert likes this.
    12-12-19 12:53 PM
    Has BlackBerry Mobile or TCL ever formally release the # of Key devices sold here in NA? (or Globally?) Maybe TCL will give users a "Plex" or better yet new Key device when they buy a flat panel TV? (We own two of their 6 series ROKU '65 and '55 sets and they are great smart TV's) I am also fond of my BE KeyOne. Just wish BB Ltd. and BB Mo. would support them longer as they and ALL OEM's should.
    They don't publish numbers, but we have several corroborating figures now to make a reasonable approximation. Certainly no more than 1.5 million devices globally, between all BBMo devices, have ever been sold.

Yes, the TCL 6-series, along with the Vizio M-series, are they best TV values on the planet from a performance/price perspective.

Let's just give up on a KEY³ now and get it over with. If a one-in-a-million lightning strike hits in the future, we can just be happy then.
    John Albert likes this.
    12-12-19 12:56 PM
    if the Titan turns out to be a Titanic, I need belt and suspenders for my physical keyboard future.

then I ask if the key² or key²LE differ in terms of misery index, that being the likelihood of difficulties emerging based on familiarity with their complaints.

I recognize the LE variant likes the capacitive physical keyboard layer which would remove some features.

beside that, I wonder if any of the key² variance are possessing of a Qi Quick Charge feature?
    12-12-19 01:04 PM
    They don't publish numbers, but we have several corroborating figures now to make a reasonable approximation. Certainly no more than 1.5 million devices globally, between all BBMo devices, have ever been sold.

Yes, the TCL 6-series, along with the Vizio M-series, are they best TV values on the planet from a performance/price perspective.

Let's just give up on a KEY³ now and get it over with. If a one-in-a-million lightning strike hits in the future, we can just be happy then.
    Will there be a Key3? or not?
    12-12-19 01:06 PM

Any idea why?
    People are stocking the chifferobe with what they can In anticipation of a PKB drought to come... ??
    the_boon likes this.
    12-12-19 01:07 PM
    Will there be a Key3? or not?
    I think I was pretty clear.
    12-12-19 01:15 PM
    Great Scott!

Jokes aside, if the failure of the Plex means increased chances of a KEY3, then I hope the Plex fails.
    12-12-19 01:27 PM
    Great Scott!

Jokes aside, if the failure of the Plex means increased chances of a KEY3, then I hope the Plex fails.
    If the Plex fails, it fails. They still wouldn't go back to the BlackBerry money pit.

I still think it must be doing fairly well for them, or they wouldn't be contemplating not one (as originally planned), but two more devices in the line for March.
    12-12-19 01:29 PM
39 12