Your thread and photo made it into a national British newspaper, it seems.

BlackBerry Mercury release date - New photos LEAK ahead of launch date | Tech | Life & Style | Express.co.uk

(The Daily Express has got very excited about BlackBerry all of a sudden. It's been reporting almost incessantly on the Mercury.)
    Oh and you re a paparazzi
    02-03-17 08:38 AM
    you are really got hawk eyes... 007 in training? hopefully, you got paid for the photo by UK.
    02-03-17 08:51 AM
    Could someone figure out why some of us cannot see posted pics in these threads? Is there a setting in the Crackberry app? Thanks. I'm on a DTEK60.
    02-03-17 09:01 AM
    The author of the express article doesn't seem to know the relationship between BlackBerry and TCL very well, ex, he said TCL owns BlackBerry.. Maybe someone should email him Kevins nice article from the other day.

Looks like the only way to do so is via Twitter, which I don't have..

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 09:11 AM
    Could someone figure out why some of us cannot see posted pics in these threads? Is there a setting in the Crackberry app? Thanks. I'm on a DTEK60.
    I've never had a problem on my '50. Did you get the recent app update from GP? You could post something in the Site Feedback Forum.
    02-03-17 09:46 AM
    you are really got hawk eyes... 007 in training? hopefully, you got paid for the photo by UK.
    We're in the Internet age now. When you post something freely it's essentially in the Public Domain.
    02-03-17 09:52 AM
    Oh and you re a paparazzi
    In this modern every phone has a camera age, technically we are all paparazzi. We just don't get paid for shots like this.
    02-03-17 10:12 AM
    3 more weeks and we'll learn all about Mercury.
    Nate650 likes this.
    02-03-17 10:40 AM
    Imagine sitting with your Mercury in an airplane and the mate behind you clicks a picture with that horrendous BlackBerry shutter sound lol

Posted via one of the Last of BlackBerry's Iconic devices
    02-03-17 10:58 AM
    Imagine sitting with your Mercury in an airplane and the mate behind you clicks a picture with that horrendous BlackBerry shutter sound lol

I remember my Curve had that but my Classic and Priv don't make shutter sounds.
    02-03-17 11:08 AM

You can always mute your phone

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 11:29 AM
    You can always mute your phone

Posted via CB10
    Would be nicer if they gave you the option to silent that sound all-together. I personally don't find a purpose for the fake shutter sound regardless of which sound profile I'm using on my phone... Imagine if something happens that if you wait you would miss it. Think you'd have time to silent the phone, then launch the camera to take the photo?

When I buy a new digital camera, the first thing I do is turn off all of those stupid sound effects...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-03-17 11:39 AM
    Haha! Awesome. Already being spotted in the wild.
    @Bla1ze

Available unlocked?
    CDMA or GSM or both?
    Not that Sprint allows BYOD unless it's sprint branded, but there's a small provider that uses the very nearby Sprint tower.
    I love my Passport but for deadline purposes rely on both sprint and ATT even though I vastly prefer Blackberry...

What's the call quality on the Mercury?

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 12:30 PM
    @Bla1ze

Available unlocked?
    CDMA or GSM or both?
    Not that Sprint allows BYOD unless it's sprint branded, but there's a small provider that uses the very nearby Sprint tower.
    I love my Passport but for deadline purposes rely on both sprint and ATT even though I vastly prefer Blackberry...

What's the call quality on the Mercury?

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    The full specs haven't even been 'confirmed' and you wanna know about the call quality? lol
    anon(4243545) likes this.
    02-03-17 12:35 PM
    Is that Kevin?

Nope, not enough hair! lol
    krazyatom likes this.
    02-03-17 12:40 PM
    Would be nicer if they gave you the option to silent that sound all-together. I personally don't find a purpose for the fake shutter sound regardless of which sound profile I'm using on my phone... Imagine if something happens that if you wait you would miss it. Think you'd have time to silent the phone, then launch the camera to take the photo?

When I buy a new digital camera, the first thing I do is turn off all of those stupid sound effects...

If you have a PRIV you can turn the sound off in camera settings (open camera and the 3 dots on the right take you to settings). This feature was added to the software sometime after the PRIV was released. I would guess that this is the same for the DTEK50 and '60 but don't know for sure.

But it appears that the guy is so preoccupied with his Mercury that he probably would not hear a click of a camera.
    02-03-17 01:30 PM
    The full specs haven't even been 'confirmed' and you wanna know about the call quality? lol
    It was a reasonable request no? LOL
    02-03-17 01:33 PM
    Maybe because he knows that you have one that you are testing, but aren't leaking any of the details.
    02-03-17 01:41 PM
    He clearly looks lost with the device. Use the touch-sensitive keyboard bro!
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-03-17 01:55 PM

BlackBerry Mercury release date - New photos LEAK ahead of launch date | Tech | Life & Style | Express.co.uk

(The Daily Express has got very excited about BlackBerry all of a sudden. It's been reporting almost incessantly on the Mercury.)
    And that's why people who sign NDAs are wise to clam up when asked questions.....
    02-03-17 02:00 PM
    Nice pic, can't wait for it!

Posted via CB10
    Nate650 likes this.
    02-03-17 03:28 PM
    If you have a PRIV you can turn the sound off in camera settings (open camera and the 3 dots on the right take you to settings). This feature was added to the software sometime after the PRIV was released. I would guess that this is the same for the DTEK50 and '60 but don't know for sure.

But it appears that the guy is so preoccupied with his Mercury that he probably would not hear a click of a camera.
    We were talking about the BB10 camera...

02-03-17 04:13 PM

That's because they want to create overly DRAMATIC headlines with LOTS of caps lock as clickBAIT about the NEW BlackBERRY.
    02-03-17 04:44 PM
    Haha, awesome! What was your initial reaction?
    02-03-17 06:18 PM
    The author of the express article doesn't seem to know the relationship between BlackBerry and TCL very well, ex, he said TCL owns BlackBerry.. Maybe someone should email him Kevins nice article from the other day.

Looks like the only way to do so is via Twitter, which I don't have..

Posted via CB10
    Good catch. The media gets so many BlackBerry-related things wrong.
    02-03-17 06:22 PM
120 12345