When I put a password into an App, my KeyOne never asks whether I want to save the login in information to Google. All of the settings toggles seem correct. I'd like to use Google rather than BlackBerry Password Keeper, so if I switch phones later to a Samsung or Pixel, I won't have to reload all of my login info. Thoughts?
    11-05-19 07:44 AM
    When I put a password into an App, my KeyOne never asks whether I want to save the login in information to Google. All of the settings toggles seem correct. I'd like to use Google rather than BlackBerry Password Keeper, so if I switch phones later to a Samsung or Pixel, I won't have to reload all of my login info. Thoughts?
    Google doesn't really have a password storage app built in, a 3rd party solution like Password Keeper is necessary if you want to save all kinds of passwords.
    11-05-19 07:57 AM
    Strange. My wife has a Note 10 and Google does save the login info from apps.
    11-05-19 08:00 AM
    Google doesn't really have a password storage app built in, a 3rd party solution like Password Keeper is necessary if you want to save all kinds of passwords.
    It's baked into the OS. I use it exclusively.
    11-05-19 08:01 AM
    If you're on Oreo, it should work no problem.

Go into your Google account, and make sure saving passwords is turned on in the security section.
    11-05-19 08:02 AM
    I am on Oreo. All the toggles in the Google settings look right. it just doesn't prompt to save.
    11-05-19 08:04 AM
    look in chrome settings
    11-05-19 10:47 AM
    Use a proper password manager such as lastpass, they also have secure notes.

If necessary you can use Google Keep but I do not recommend this approach.

If you are storing to Google browser Cromer those details are stored on your phone and don't necessarily sync to the cloud.

Much wiser to use ColorNote and keep your records locally on SD card.

One thing about syncing to Cloud you still need the passwords to get into the cloud when you get the new phone and if you get that wrong that's a brick phone
    11-05-19 11:01 AM
    It's baked into the OS. I use it exclusively.
    No it's not baked into the operating system it's backed into Google Chrome
    11-05-19 11:02 AM
    No it's not baked into the operating system it's backed into Google Chrome
    No, not just Chrome. Otherwise you'd have to give it permission to run over other apps.

It's baked into Oreo and above. The feature doesn't work on Nougat.
    11-05-19 11:14 AM
    No, not just Chrome. Otherwise you'd have to give it permission to run over other apps.

It's baked into Oreo and above. The feature doesn't work on Nougat.
    Alright so it's baked into the Chrome elements of webview. As against just the browser itself but the only way to access these passwords on Oreo is to use Google Chrome web browser
    11-05-19 11:53 AM
    Alright so it's baked into the Chrome elements of webview. As against just the browser itself but the only way to access these passwords on Oreo is to use Google Chrome web browser
    It requires Chrome, but it needs features built into the OS to "speak" to your installed apps.
    11-05-19 12:07 PM
    It requires Chrome, but it needs features built into the OS to "speak" to your installed apps.
    Yes that would be the Chrome webview which is the default when browser is not installed
    11-05-19 12:13 PM
    Yes that would be the Chrome webview which is the default when browser is not installed
    No. WebView doesn't have permission to draw over other apps either.

Why do you think current WebView and Chrome won't give you app passwords on Nougat and below?

Yes Chrome has the passwords, but the Autofill Service is only available on Oreo and above.
    11-05-19 12:14 PM
    That's odd because I was using autofill on a Samsung Galaxy S6 running marshmallow
    11-05-19 12:39 PM
    That's odd because I was using autofill on a Samsung Galaxy S6 running marshmallow
    Not possible.

Unless of course you used a third party app that you allowed to use accessibility settings and draw over other apps.

Google has clamped down on that hard lately.
    Last edited by conite; 11-05-19 at 01:15 PM.
    11-05-19 01:04 PM
    am I the only one that thinks that the BEST of security should provide a paid for app for all platforms? such as BlackBerry
    11-05-19 02:36 PM
    am I the only one that thinks that the BEST of security should provide a paid for app for all platforms? such as BlackBerry
    Google probably has the best firewalls short of state-level agencies in the world.

Its multi-billion dollar empire depends almost exclusively on its ability to protect your data.
    gritsinct likes this.
    11-05-19 02:39 PM
    You can save Blackberry Password Keeper and back up your data in Google Drive. If you switch devices just download Blackberry Password Keeper and restore from back up. Very easy to do. 😎
    11-06-19 12:00 AM
    Are you sure it's not samsung pass who does that?
    I use samsung and app password likely saved by samsung pass, not google
    11-06-19 01:00 AM