I don't think there is anything of importance on the SanDisk SD card but I would like to know what is on it before reformatting it. How do I view it to see what, if any, files are on it? I have tried viewing the file structure on my Windows 10 and but nothing appears. Is there some other way to figure this out? I have googled for the answer a lot but can find no definitive information on this so many thanks.
    10-10-21 12:16 PM
    I don't think there is anything of importance on the SanDisk SD card but I would like to know what is on it before reformatting it. How do I view it to see what, if any, files are on it? I have tried viewing the file structure on my Windows 10 and but nothing appears. Is there some other way to figure this out? I have googled for the answer a lot but can find no definitive information on this so many thanks.
    There are utilities for Windows that you can demo if you do a search. Just can't remember the names of any right now. I've used them in the past to look at and recover files on an sd card. Speaking of recover try Recuva for a trial, lol.
    10-10-21 01:02 PM
    And if it's corrupted.... don't bother reformatting it and using it, as it's likely to fail again.

+1 on Recuva, use it get any files off you need and then throw it away.
    Laura Knotek and eshropshire like this.
    10-11-21 08:02 AM
    Also, if the SD card was encrypted, you won't get any data off of it, by design.
    10-12-21 03:09 PM
    Also, if the SD card was encrypted, you won't get any data off of it, by design.
    Learned the hard way that data on an SD Card should be treated as disposable. While encryption sounds like a good security solution for SD and USB drives.... you need to have that data somewhere else, just in case.
    10-14-21 02:59 PM
    ALL data that is encrypted should be considered disposable, and should ALWAYS be backed up elsewhere, with at least one copy someplace that is NOT encrypted (even if that's on a flash drive locked in a safe or whatever). The whole point of encryption is that the data is easily lost if someone tries to get at it, but this means that it's also easily lost if anything else goes wrong - and things definitely go wrong. So encrypted data should always be assumed to be a moment's notice from being scrambled forever - which is why it must always be backed up.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-15-21 12:10 AM
    I have had good success with Minitool Partition WIzard. It has a recovery feature on the paid version. It does come up for free or cheaper from time to time though.
    10-21-21 08:13 AM
    an old post of mine:
    Corrupt SD Card (Sandisk) has happened to me a couple times before on my Classic and my Priv. Usually it's just a messed up registry that is easily fixable. Here's my post from 2015, the 1st time it happened. At least try it first before you abandon your SD card.

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post11679698

1. Place the 'damaged' micro sd card into the reader that came w/ the card, and mount it to pc card reader slot. I received a confirmation beep 'device detected' sound, then the message 'e:\ not accessible, the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable'. The letter of your card reader drive may vary depending on your computer
    2. Open the start menu and type CMD. This will open a DOS window.
    3. In the new DOS window enter the following Chkdsk e: /r (replace 'e' with the drive letter associated with your SD Card, make sure you enter the spaces properly). Press enter and the PC will begin reading the contents of the damaged SD card. After the read completed I received my SD Card 'Auto Play' pop up window and my files were accessible again
    4. Back your files up now just to be sure. Feel free to format your SD card if it makes you feel better.
    10-30-21 08:16 PM