Is anyone else having an issues with using Samsung Pay through the Gear S3 and the KeyOne. For some reason it won't work.
    06-27-17 09:36 PM
    Is anyone else having an issues with using Samsung Pay through the Gear S3 and the KeyOne. For some reason it won't work.
    What does or does not happen? Did setup go okay? You were able to attach a card? I have it working on the Priv.

Oh, do I remember there might be issues with the lastest Nougat releases?????
    06-28-17 12:42 AM
    What does or does not happen? Did setup go okay? You were able to attach a card? I have it working on the Priv.

Oh, do I remember there might be issues with the lastest Nougat releases?????
    I have the KeyOne. it won't open. Not sure why. I guess it is a Nougat release
    06-29-17 10:09 PM
    I can't even get Android Pay to work
    06-29-17 11:24 PM
    My Gear S3 is paired with my KEYone and everything (calls, notifications, etc.) works great. My problem is that the Samsung Pay option does not appear in the Gear app that's on the phone. I have Samsung Pay working well on my PRIV (with an S2, no less!) which is running Marshmallow, so maybe it IS a Nougat thing. I've even downloaded the Samsung Pay apk (not the app from the Play Store) and loaded it on the KEYone, but it does not run.
    07-21-17 10:12 AM
    I have the same problem.. hopefully they update it soon, as we use it on all our employees cc. Didn't realize how valuable it is till gone... I
    07-27-17 10:41 AM
    I have the same problem. I used Samsung Pay on my Gear S3 all the time with my Priv. I just got my Keyone and can't get it to work.
    This issue was seen back in June, and there's still no proper fix?
    11-05-17 01:17 AM
    anyone contact Samsung pay (its Twitter account) and ask?
    11-05-17 01:22 AM
    no I have not contacted them nor do I have the time or patience. I'm just doing the math. It's been 4+ months with no resolution and I only have a few days to decide on keeping the Keyone or going back to the Priv. The S3 Samsung Pay issue is not my only gripe, but I think it is my last straw. I think i'm in the minority but I like the Priv better
    11-05-17 11:53 AM
    no I have not contacted them nor do I have the time or patience. I'm just doing the math. It's been 4+ months with no resolution and I only have a few days to decide on keeping the Keyone or going back to the Priv. The S3 Samsung Pay issue is not my only gripe, but I think it is my last straw. I think i'm in the minority but I like the Priv better
    I'm a very, very specific person when it comes to analyzing my phone experiences and I must say I cannot imagine how one could possibly prefer the priv
    11-05-17 08:16 PM
    I'm a very, very specific person when it comes to analyzing my phone experiences and I must say I cannot imagine how one could possibly prefer the priv
    I got used to the Priv size. First thing I noticed with the Keyone was that the screen was smaller, and that bothered me, a lot.
    The hideaway keyboard, the cpacitive buttons swipe up actions, and the battery life made it a near perfect phone for me. Super-low maintenance and not a toy, as I don't need to have the latest of apps. I'm perfectly fine with my list of must have apps on the Priv that don't need Nougat or higher. I used a 9930 for a long time fwiw.
    Also I'm not too optimistic on a fix coming for the Samsung Pay/S3 issue any time soon. I'm returning the phone tomorrow to buy a much cheaper Priv that I know works and I know that I like, for much cheaper. I didn't want to go on a rant, so sorry about that, but I'm just as picky about my phone as most people I have seen here in the forums
    11-05-17 09:12 PM
    anyone get this Samsung pay to work w s3 and keyone?
    11-09-17 12:42 PM
    anyone get this Samsung pay to work w s3 and keyone?
    NOT me, so far.

It asked to see phone where it says it failed. Yet, it shows installed. Don't know what is happening. But I thought that I had read that it was the version of Nougat???? It did work on my Priv.
    11-09-17 03:26 PM
    I could not get the Samsung Gear app to download the Samsung Pay plug-in for the Gear S3. As mentioned previously in this thread, this option is mysteriously missing from the Samsung Gear app.
    Nevertheless, you can still make Samsung Pay work. Go on ApkMirror (or a similar site) and look for Samsung Pay for Gear 1.5.6306.
    Download the APK and sideload it on the KEYone. After that, you should be able to activate normally Samsung Pay with a long press of the BACK button on the watch.
    FF22, JWW and davidliew like this.
    11-12-17 12:36 PM
    I could not get the Samsung Gear app to download the Samsung Pay plug-in for the Gear S3. As mentioned previously in this thread, this option is mysteriously missing from the Samsung Gear app.
    Nevertheless, you can still make Samsung Pay work. Go on ApkMirror (or a similar site) and look for Samsung Pay for Gear 1.5.6306.
    Download the APK and sideload it on the KEYone. After that, you should be able to activate normally Samsung Pay with a long press of the BACK button on the watch.
    Installed. When I press the Back Button on the Gear S3 I get a message "A new version is available - must be updated!" Shall I proceed? Or will the "update" blow things up again?

Thanks

edited to add:

Updated and I was able to re-add (I had it working on my Priv) my card and spoke with bank. So now I will have to test at a store!!! THANKS so much.

If you don't mind my asking - how did you learn about this FIX? Or have I just given some foreign party access to my card and account!!!!!!!
    Last edited by FF22; 11-12-17 at 02:53 PM.
    11-12-17 02:42 PM
    Installed. When I press the Back Button on the Gear S3 I get a message "A new version is available - must be updated!" Shall I proceed? Or will the "update" blow things up again?

Thanks

edited to add:

Updated and I was able to re-add (I had it working on my Priv) my card and spoke with bank. So now I will have to test at a store!!! THANKS so much.

If you don't mind my asking - how did you learn about this FIX? Or have I just given some foreign party access to my card and account!!!!!!!
    What the heck - to draw more attention, I will quote myself.

WONDERFUL. It works. I used my Gear S3 at Home Depot this morning to pay for my purchases.

Again, I'd like to know a bit more about this apkmirror fix? Can we update Samsung Pay from now on or should be lock this version in place and not update?

But, again, THANKS for posting the fix.
    JWW likes this.
    11-13-17 02:43 PM
    this is great news. I'd also like to know if we should lock this version in place
    11-13-17 10:18 PM
    Thank you so much. I'm now keeping my gear watch because of this. And Samsung pay allowing to use the watch at not only nfc terminals but swipe-only ones, too. This is great, thank you.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-13-17 11:23 PM
    THank you so much, u changed the whole of my world because of your wonderful tips. i complaint until samsung HQ they also lazy to look into this issue. cant believe the APK just work. You gave me one of the best gift for 2018. thanks..
    FF22 likes this.
    01-05-18 01:59 AM
    Wow this thread saved my life thank you!!
    02-23-18 09:08 AM
    I have been using my Gear S3 on my PRIV for nearly a year. Samsung pay on gear an android pay on PRIV worked fine. thinking of replacing my PRIV with a keyone but the Samsung pay issue is changing my mind.
    02-23-18 11:53 AM
    I have been using my Gear S3 on my PRIV for nearly a year. Samsung pay on gear an android pay on PRIV worked fine. thinking of replacing my PRIV with a keyone but the Samsung pay issue is changing my mind.
    I used Samsung Pay and my KeyOne today at a grocery store. I used it at REI and a Whole Foods the other day. At REI I had to use the nfc pad. At the other joints, just the magnetic reader slot.
    02-23-18 12:33 PM
    We've said, at least on other threads, that there is a work around. Think on this thread, too
    02-23-18 08:12 PM
    I used Samsung Pay and my KeyOne today at a grocery store. I used it at REI and a Whole Foods the other day. At REI I had to use the nfc pad. At the other joints, just the magnetic reader slot.
    The magnetic slider (vs nfc tap) usage of Samsung pay, no other watch does it, is incredible. I love people's faces after they tell me my watch can't work since they don't have nfc/tap terminals...
    FF22 likes this.
    02-23-18 08:13 PM
    The magnetic slider (vs nfc tap) usage of Samsung pay, no other watch does it, is incredible. I love people's faces after they tell me my watch can't work since they don't have nfc/tap terminals...
    Yup. Always asked what watch I'm using.
    02-24-18 09:19 AM
29 12