My KeyOne has been frustrating me for the last two weeks. Apps would hang (not responding, wait or close the app popup) and my phone would freeze for almost a minute only to return on the same state. In my mind Im already thinking of a worthy phone replacement.
    I was googling how to fix it, came across a few options like factory reset, disabling apps and going to developer options, clearing the cache. tried all of them except for the factory reset (which im not very keen to do)
    Finally I came across the option to boot in safe mode, sure it erased all my widgets and the apps that I put in the home screen but it worked like a charm. it is now working like how I bought it last August. Definitely falling in love for this phone all over again.
    I could skip the Key2 if my phone gives me this kind of performance.

Question: For a phone with 3GB of RAM, what RAM usage have you experienced the issues of hanging?
    Felipe Arriaza likes this.
    06-28-18 04:50 PM
    My KeyOne has been frustrating me for the last two weeks. Apps would hang (not responding, wait or close the app popup) and my phone would freeze for almost a minute only to return on the same state. In my mind Im already thinking of a worthy phone replacement.
    I was googling how to fix it, came across a few options like factory reset, disabling apps and going to developer options, clearing the cache. tried all of them except for the factory reset (which im not very keen to do)
    Finally I came across the option to boot in safe mode, sure it erased all my widgets and the apps that I put in the home screen but it worked like a charm. it is now working like how I bought it last August. Definitely falling in love for this phone all over again.

Question: For a phone with 3GB of RAM, what RAM usage have you experienced the issues of hanging?
    I have never had that problem of lag in my keyone. So far, I've only been checking the ram memory usage of the applications. But I love my BlackBerry ... I just want the key2 for the extra ram memory and for the keyboard, because the keyone makes me small sometimes ...
    06-28-18 05:06 PM

Did you narrow it down to any particular app causing the problem?
    06-28-18 06:34 PM
    Did you narrow it down to any particular app causing the problem?
    So I went into safe mode, discovered all my third party apps are missing. So I did not. Just rebooted and keyone became smooth.
    06-28-18 06:49 PM
    So I went into safe mode, discovered all my third party apps are missing. So I did not. Just rebooted and keyone became smooth.
    I'm glad that your KeyOne is working much better. But you might want to know that Safe Mode did not "delete" (the missing) apps. It just removes them from your home page or home pages arrangement as it does with Widgets. The apps are still on your device and available in the App Drawer (as are widgets). What Safe Mode does is only run essential apps and modules for basic functions. It prevents most other third party apps (Facebook, Instagram, Kindle book reader, Photo gallery apps, video display apps, music apps, mapping apps) - again, most 3rd party apps from running when the device starts. So probably one or more of those 3rd party apps is probably the problem.

In addition, in a thought that just came to me, WIDGETS, are not run. And some widgets are immediately performing a variety of tasks (showing clocks, showing current weather, I've got one that show Euro/US Dollar exchange rates). A widget or widgets could also be causing lag on many KeyOnes, perhaps. (and I'm going to start a new thread, asking whether widgets might be a lag causing problem?)

But, again, bottom line, glad things are working better.
    bk1_NewZealand likes this.
    06-28-18 07:08 PM
    I'm glad that your KeyOne is working much better. But you might want to know that Safe Mode did not "delete" (the missing) apps. It just removes them from your home page or home pages arrangement as it does with Widgets. The apps are still on your device and available in the App Drawer (as are widgets). What Safe Mode does is only run essential apps and modules for basic functions. It prevents most other third party apps (Facebook, Instagram, Kindle book reader, Photo gallery apps, video display apps, music apps, mapping apps) - again, most 3rd party apps from running when the device starts. So probably one or more of those 3rd party apps is probably the problem.

In addition, in a thought that just came to me, WIDGETS, are not run. And some widgets are immediately performing a variety of tasks (showing clocks, showing current weather, I've got one that show Euro/US Dollar exchange rates). A widget or widgets could also be causing lag on many KeyOnes, perhaps. (and I'm going to start a new thread, asking whether widgets might be a lag causing problem?)

Thanks for the safe mode introduction / explanation.
    Ill make sure to investigate the next time I boot on safe mode.
    For widgets, I just have the clock and power toggle on my phone.

I am not a power user just mainly a Facebook, ig and messenger kind of user. So it frustrates that the keyone can't handle these sometimes.

And I also realized that sometimes, my keyone would behave poorly when a certain app was updates (I never figured out coz I update multiple apps at the same time)

I think the key here is to really observe your apps as you suggested.

I think im the only one using the Keyone in New Zealand. Holler back if otherwise.
    06-28-18 08:33 PM

Got into safe mode again, opened the app drawer, and did not find the apps
    06-30-18 08:14 AM
    I expect that in safe mode there are only the save apps, like the safe drivers in Windows safe mode. so boot normally and open app drawer there. BTW I never face any lag issues as I sometimes close all applications before going to bed.
    07-01-18 01:47 AM