Hi, looking to buy a keyone on ebay - yesterday a phone with right prd number for my country ( norway) was added for sale. But it says: KEYone BBB100-2 Black Edition Unlocked 64GB Check IMEI - MW0185.
    Prd ends with 039 also so perfect match.

Are these safe to buy? Anywhere i can verify imei and/or unlock if it is locked?
    What is MW0185?
    My network provider was abit sceptic, but thought it was worth asking here.
    04-22-20 03:58 AM
    Being that updates for the KEYone ended almost a year ago... no it's not "safe".

But you mean is it safe, in will it work with your carrier.... well if you got the actual 15 digit IMEI # then most carrier's offer a compatibility tool to check. Message the seller and get the whole number.

But odds are yes, it will work in Norway.
    04-22-20 07:04 AM
    Being that updates for the KEYone ended almost a year ago... no it's not "safe".

But you mean is it safe, in will it work with your carrier.... well if you got the actual 15 digit IMEI # then most carrier's offer a compatibility tool to check. Message the seller and get the whole number.

But odds are yes, it will work in Norway.
    Yeah, by "safe" i mean : will it work. I'm still using a passport, so updates are not my consern.
    I use my phones with alittle extra as possible, but my passport is slowly dying now from battery issues and some websites won't load.

My operator said that if it was reported stolen, the imei will be blocked and phone not useable - so that's what i'm afraid of.
    bh7171 likes this.
    04-22-20 07:17 AM
    Yeah, by "safe" i mean : will it work. I'm still using a passport, so updates are not my consern.
    I use my phones with alittle extra as possible, but my passport is slowly dying now from battery issues and some websites won't load.

My operator said that if it was reported stolen, the imei will be blocked and phone not useable - so that's what i'm afraid of.
    Keep in mind that can still happen if the previous owner reports the phone stolen after you've paid and received to phone. Few years ago, I bought the wife an extra phone that was pre-owned. She used it off and on for about six months and then it was carrier blacklisted as lost/stolen or not paid off by carrier. It became a paperweight and seller was long gone.....

Posted via CB10
    04-22-20 09:45 AM

Black Edition BlackBerry Key One prd 039 is a phenomenal PKB BlackBerry. A few tweaks and it performs very well and has great battery life. If you only load reputable apps and use 2FA you should be perfectly fine. You will enjoy the device. 😎
    04-23-20 01:50 AM