Weew, yesterday one of the most dreaded thing in my life happened..

I got robbed and my ever beloved Keyone was stolen.. woke up this morning and it finally dawned on me that I had lost a treausre. already missing the device..

Won the Keyone in a Crackberry Contest on Instagram in August, got the device in December and yesterday of all days my keyone was collected at gun point..

Please is there anyway to render the device useless outside the fact that i activated a boot password..

Thanks in advance for your concern...
    03-22-18 09:32 AM

I got robbed and my ever beloved Keyone was stolen..

Won the Keyone in a Crackberry Contest on Instagram in August, got the device in December and yesterday of all days my keyone was collected at gun point..

Please is there anyway to render the device useless outside the fact that i activated a boot password..

Google find my device... Just sign into your account and if location is on you should be able to see where your device it and remotely delete all content...
    FF22 likes this.
    03-22-18 09:35 AM

I got robbed and my ever beloved Keyone was stolen.. woke up this morning and it finally dawned on me that I had lost a treausre. already missing the device..

If you had an active Google account on there, use Google Find My Device, you should be able to locate it (if location services are on I believe), you should also be able to make it ring non stop, and also wipe it. I believe it's not possible for someone to wipe it and start fresh without putting your info in...

Can someone verify what I'm saying?
    03-22-18 10:07 AM
    If you had an active Google account on there, use Google Find My Device, you should be able to locate it (if location services are on I believe), you should also be able to make it ring non stop, and also wipe it. I believe it's not possible for someone to wipe it and start fresh without putting your info in...

Can someone verify what I'm saying?
    This is true. The only way they could wipe the phone is if there wasn't a passcode required to boot. That's protecting his data already. Unless they can guess it, the phone is pretty useless.

I would do a police report and report the location of the device. The problem, though, is that it may not ping its location unless it's fully booted (not sure). If the phone is off, you can't do anything.
    03-22-18 10:12 AM
    Right, so best case scenario, your phone is booted and location services are on
    03-22-18 10:26 AM
    On the bright side, you didn't get shot so - cheers to that. Phones can be replaced, there's only one of you.
    03-22-18 11:00 AM
    I thought that getting the password wrong 10 times automatically wipes it? or is that just the PRIV?
    03-22-18 12:19 PM
    Thanks Guys for your response, ive actually contacted the police and already locked the phone via 'Lock My Device' and also tried tracking the location to no avail..

But like Ksloth pointed out, better I'm alive than dead..
    03-22-18 12:20 PM
    BlackBerry keyone was too tempting for burglar. He must be an BlackBerry user
    valer466 likes this.
    03-22-18 12:21 PM
    This must be the first time in 10 years anyone has wanted to steal a Blackberry.

Sorry for your loss.
    Hazo, peednus, portplayer and 4 others like this.
    03-22-18 12:37 PM
    I thought that getting the password wrong 10 times automatically wipes it? or is that just the PRIV?
    You can turn that off.
    03-22-18 01:05 PM
    I use my PRIV as a work phone under a BYOD policy.

In order to do that I have to allow my employer to install software to be able to do a remote wipe.
    That might be handy for your situation.

I'm thinking that with the variety of tracking software / services available on phones these days that stealing a phone wouldn't be the brightest thing you could do.

I did read about a variation on that, though. Some years ago in Winnipeg (Manitoba) a man decided to rob a video store because it was just a young woman working alone. So, he goes in waving a big knife.

What he didn't realize was that he had picked the number two ranked female kick-boxer in the ENTIRE COUNTRY.

She took the knife away, kicked him around, punched him around, slammed his head against the wall ...
    Then, she picked up the gumball machine and whacked him over the head with it. He left the store on his hands and knees, trailing blood.

The clerk then called 911: the cops just had to follow the trail of blood until they found the guy crawling on his hands and knees (still). Pretty good tracking device.
    03-22-18 01:24 PM
    This must be the first time in 10 years anyone has wanted to steal a Blackberry.

Sorry for your loss.
    They took A phone. Reason it can't be tracked - tossed in the nearest river! (g)

Hope, OP can afford to replace it or insurance helps!
    03-22-18 01:33 PM
    They took A phone. Reason it can't be tracked - tossed in the nearest river!
    If it had been a BB10 device, it would have kicked the robber's butt, called the police on its own, and treaded water until it was retrieved. 😂

Glad the OP got out of the situation unharmed.
    dmateo and FF22 like this.
    03-22-18 01:43 PM
    Wondering where this occurred?
    03-22-18 01:58 PM
    Install both app's from Android Lost and then install or well push them to your stolen phone Find My Device login to play store on pc click on settings icon go to Android Device Manager there hopefully you can locate your lost phone ring it and lock it even lock and erase Android Lost will allow you to see your sms and calls and lock device with custom msg give a fake passcode and take a pic with front cam when thief goes to unlock it and they won't know it took a pic.
    BigBadWulf and krazyatom like this.
    03-22-18 02:48 PM
    Thanks Guys for your response, ive actually contacted the police and already locked the phone via 'Lock My Device' and also tried tracking the location to no avail..

But like Ksloth pointed out, better I'm alive than dead..
    Stay safe mate. Live each day as if it's a precious Gift , because it is.
    BigBadWulf, Sigewif and krazyatom like this.
    03-22-18 02:50 PM
    On a side note... because of theft, Verizon is starting to sell phones that are locked again. It supposedly for a limited time, but they have not specified how long.

It meant to cut down on the scammers signing up with stolen identities to get a new phone and then selling it to someone to use on another network. They even reported criminals with guns holding up a retail location to steal inventory...

Probable the reason for this is that stealing phone from consumers isn't worth it anymore... most are protected and worthless today. So they have to steal new phones....
    03-22-18 03:17 PM
    sorry for the lost
    03-22-18 03:50 PM
    I am really sorry to hear what happened. It is good to hear that you are OK, though. years and years ago I had a phone stolen. It was one of those cell phones from the pre- smart phone era. I was at a parade and had put it on a chair. I thought it was in my coat pocket till a couple of hours later. Weird feeling. That was back when I paid for outgoing calls; there had been a few made on it. I contacted my carrier and was able to shut down the account.
    It is a far worse experience to be robbed at gunpoint.
    03-22-18 10:27 PM
    BlackBerry keyone was too tempting for burglar. He must be an BlackBerry user
    That sure narrows the field, not many people know BB still makes phones...
    03-22-18 11:45 PM
    They took A phone. Reason it can't be tracked - tossed in the nearest river! (g)

Hope, OP can afford to replace it or insurance helps!
    Thanks for your concern.. Would take probably a year before i could save up for a replacement.. Insurance, that doesnt happen in my country.. SAD
    03-23-18 06:28 AM
    Thanks for your concern.. Would take probably a year before i could save up for a replacement.. Insurance, that doesnt happen in my country.. SAD
    Try to find a good used one, it's getting cheaper and cheaper, especially when the new devices hit the market
    03-23-18 06:41 AM
    Try to find a good used one, it's getting cheaper and cheaper, especially when the new devices hit the market
    Anybody has a good used one he/she wants to sell or do yo know of anyone that would like to sell and ship down to my country..?

Any Help?
    03-24-18 10:57 AM
    Anybody has a good used one he/she wants to sell or do yo know of anyone that would like to sell and ship down to my country..?

Any Help?
    What country is this? Nigeria?
    03-24-18 06:13 PM
27 12