Update: what about battery life? I've heard the life on the S8 Plus can't compare to the KeyOne, how how much of a difference are we talking about ?

Straight up question. With Samsung offering a $200 visa cash card with purchase of S8 Plus, phone basically costs 650 plus tax. KeyOne is 550 plus tax. Different phones, but who thinks the 100 is money well spent for the S8 Plus ?
    Last edited by SunDevilBB; 07-01-17 at 08:33 AM.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-30-17 11:19 PM
    If you have to choose one, S8 plus.
    06-30-17 11:20 PM
    for me the s8 is a better choice
    ronfc likes this.
    06-30-17 11:41 PM
    For the price difference you have here, the S8+ is the better choice. While the PKB is great, the S8+ is much more future proof.

If you find out you don't like it, you can probably break even or make a profit selling it used and then grab a KEYone.
    skinnymike1 and SunDevilBB like this.
    07-01-17 12:05 AM
    mobile Hardware is in a state like hardware for the computer market and the KEYone will also get Android O in the first Q of 2018. So how future proof is that and Android is so spreaded in versions that all apps will work fine till your device will die. There is nothing new and if you don't use 3D games but only daily apps for banking, youtube and social media then every device around is good for years. you only see difference in ram or storage and the last intresting parts in hardware that could make the difference in how is the camera hold on with low light situations.

So in my opinion an dtek60 will do and a KEYone also. but if you hardly not using the camera then go for a moto,nexus or dtek50 and pay lesser bucks.
    07-01-17 01:58 AM
    IMHO you're getting more value per dollar with the S8 Plus without question from a general pov.

If you need to factor in a pkb though then that answer may change.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-17 02:38 AM
    I am very biased and a BlackBerry Fanboy of the worst kind, so I question your question and I'm judging you as I type this on my incredibly perfect K1. As a matter of fact, I don't know you and already don't like you, so I'd suggest that you get the S8 and never post here again. (Please forgive my attempt at bad humor.)
    07-01-17 02:50 AM
    Simple. Want a physical keyboard? K1. If not then get the S8.
    bakron1, NightFire, Uzi and 2 others like this.
    07-01-17 05:26 AM
    Straight up question. With Samsung offering a $200 visa cash card with purchase of S8 Plus, phone basically costs 650 plus tax. KeyOne is 550 plus tax. Different phones, but who thinks the 100 is money well spent for the S8 Plus ?
    if you are not sold to PKB then S8!

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    07-01-17 05:50 AM
    mobile Hardware is in a state like hardware for the computer market and the KEYone will also get Android O in the first Q of 2018.
    I'll believe that when I see it. Security updates are one thing, but BlackBerry isn't known for providing actual Android version updates (see the PRIV still on Marshmallow).
    07-01-17 06:24 AM
    As most folks have stated, it's all about personal preference, if you like the PKB then the K1 is the ticket, if not the S8 might be an alternative device.
    07-01-17 06:52 AM
    S8 is a much better choice
    07-01-17 06:59 AM
    I own the S8 plus and it's an awesome device no lag beautiful screen and camera. It the best device I have ever owned works better than my apple 7 plus ever did. You won't regret it.
    07-01-17 07:03 AM
    That's a very subjective question.

I personally cannot live without a physical keyboard and I want a battery that gives me a full day.

Therefore, it's an easy choice. I don't care if the K1 was $1000 and the S8 was $200. This is about what phone I want.
    07-01-17 07:13 AM
    Do you want a physical keyboard? Then get the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. If not go for the S8. To me it is like comparing apples to oranges. Really two different devices. KEYᵒⁿᵉ is the only device for me but that's because I'm in love with the PKB. Been running on PKB since the 8310.
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-01-17 09:18 AM
    Update: what about battery life? I've heard the life on the S8 Plus can't compare to the KeyOne, how how much of a difference are we talking about ?

Don't want a tablet - no interest in S8 plus

Posted via CB10
    chefcenko likes this.
    07-01-17 09:32 AM
    I came to keyone from an s7 edge. the s8 is gorgeous but after experiencing pixel issues with my s7 and the ridiculous cost of replacement screens for my wifes s7 I won't be buying the s8.
    for me the battery life, unique design, price and pbk make the keyone my phone of choice.
    07-01-17 10:15 AM
    Bestbuy 4th july has some good deals for those who are holding out for the refresh or changes? Whatever they will be. If you are not a pkb fanatic, go with the s8 - its just a much better deal right now.

I think 200+ off on s8 and iphone as well. Yesterday was the last day for lg g6 50% off i believe on att next plan. some good deals out there.
    07-01-17 11:49 AM
    Bestbuy 4th july has some good deals for those who are holding out for the refresh or changes? Whatever they will be. If you are not a pkb fanatic, go with the s8 - its just a much better deal right now.

I think 200+ off on s8 and iphone as well. Yesterday was the last day for lg g6 50% off i believe on att next plan. some good deals out there.
    I think you hit my point. I'm just having difficulty justifying paying what looks like a premium price for the KeyOne with so many deals on flagship phones.
    07-01-17 01:41 PM
    Yes, the quick and easy reply, given the reviews and history, is the s8. And, if you need a great camera, the s8 is the easy choice.

However, having moved from the s7 to the KEYone, I'd simply like to say that I like the KEYone more. Yes, I prefer the physical keyboard; it's fun and interesting -- so much more pleasant than beating my fingers against a glass board. And since most of what I do with a phone is either type messages of one kind or another or fiddle with documents, it's the best option for me. I like NEVER having to think about the battery. I don't play games on my phone and I don't watch movies (I do watch baseball once in a while). So, really, I don't know why I would want a different phone.

So, the point is, the money is a secondary consideration. What are you going to do with your phone?
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-01-17 03:40 PM

This is like comparing a Corvette and a Chevy Vega, they are both cars right?
    07-01-17 03:52 PM
    Given a choice between those two, I'd certainly choose the Samsung Galaxy S8+ over the Keyone.
    07-01-17 03:56 PM
    07-01-17 04:10 PM
    S8, no answer.
    07-01-17 07:35 PM
    I think you hit my point. I'm just having difficulty justifying paying what looks like a premium price for the KeyOne with so many deals on flagship phones.
    No, you are right. This is little do to with how much we support BBerry. Its the economics of it. And what you get. I think what also might sway you is carrier pricing, for example the lg g6 the promo was $12/month on att next or shell out $600 for k1 :/ this is where Canadians win.
    07-01-17 10:29 PM
31 12