... Or else BlackBerry is going to lose quite a few WhatsApp dependent buyers, I'm afraid.

Hi, I'm just one of around 1 billion WhatsApp users around the world. Even though WhatsApp is probably not the best communications app, it is the most common. The Passport and OS10 is my preferred combination, and I think it is absolutely ridiculous that an app can make me switch, but that's how the world is now and I must adapt or die, hehe. Since practically all my contacts (both personal and business) use WhatsApp to communicate, I don't have much choice. To add insult to injury, I got this message the other day (attached):
    The Rome/Mercury needs to be released by the end of this year-img_20160701_001743.png

Passport SQW100-1 OS 10.3.2.2876
    sandpenguin and Sequester#WN like this.
    07-04-16 10:03 AM
    We all got it. I had an android before my q10 and I used viber after I had to switch to what's up and now I don't know what am I gonna do in December. I hope at least the make an announcement cause if they are gonna release it until March I m gonna wait for it

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 11:32 AM
    Tell this the Chen
    Paof-7 likes this.
    07-04-16 12:00 PM
    Well. They must release it before Christmas
    07-04-16 01:44 PM
    I'm in the same situation as barbaren
    07-05-16 12:31 AM
    I don't use whatapp I use BBM much safer better and more dependent love bbm
    armedwithjello likes this.
    07-05-16 06:15 AM
    Won't use Whatsapp. They abandoned BlackBerry.

But seriously BBM is much better.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    07-05-16 06:20 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1074025

I've said it before and therefore completely agree.

They will lose an incredible amount of pkb users most of whom will probably not go back to pkb after that.

Everyone who is using bbos, q10, passport, q5 and classic.

Even if there is a month gap it's too late.

There needs to be a replacement now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Barbareren, Appsdk and Paof-7 like this.
    07-05-16 07:21 AM
    Yes. I'm agree with the big picture. Even a month gap it's too late for the Mercury.
    Paof-7 likes this.
    07-05-16 08:07 AM
    It's impossible do things worse than MR. CHEN.
    07-05-16 08:10 AM
    Can't a webapp be used to continue using whatsapp on BB10? No hub integration, but you don't have to abandon your favorite phone.
    07-05-16 09:01 AM
    It's impossible do things worse than MR. CHEN.
    Look up Leo Apotheker.
    07-05-16 09:13 AM
    I think the announcement today that the Classic will no longer be produced signifies the end of the Mercury/Rome idea. Initially Chen said two new phones so I think we will not have a PKB phone coming out and I think we will see the Neon and Argon shortly, but no Mercury.
    07-05-16 10:33 AM
    I think the announcement today that the Classic will no longer be produced signifies the end of the Mercury/Rome idea. Initially Chen said two new phones so I think we will not have a PKB phone coming out and I think we will see the Neon and Argon shortly, but no Mercury.
    More to do with them running out of MSM8260 and LPDDR2 to build those things.
    FeitaInc and z3user like this.
    07-05-16 11:08 AM
    WhatsApp is my #1 most used apps. Sure, BBM may be better but tell that to 120+ people I know who are on WhatsApp and not a single contact on BBM. If they don't release new phones before the year's end, may have to get the PRIV.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 11:35 AM
    WhatsApp is my #1 most used apps. Sure, BBM may be better but tell that to 120+ people I know who are on WhatsApp and not a single contact on BBM. If they don't release new phones before the year's end, may have to get the PRIV.

Posted via CB10
    I'm on a Passport and I couldn't pay someone to use BBM lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 11:45 AM
    I'm on a Passport and I couldn't pay someone to use BBM lol.

Posted via CB10
    When I first got my Classic, I thought I used BBM with my friend on a Passport, only contact on my list. Until recently he told me I was the only one he was using BBM with. We mutually agreed to decommission it and just use WhatsApp. Funny enough before I got my Classic I always had been using WhatsApp with him.
    07-05-16 12:04 PM
    When I first got my Classic, I thought I used BBM with my friend on a Passport, only contact on my list. Until recently he told me I was the only one he was using BBM with. We mutually agreed to decommission it and just use WhatsApp. Funny enough before I got my Classic I always had been using WhatsApp with him.
    Sad lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 12:38 PM
    Given BlackBerry's history of shooting themselves in the foot and ignoring their claim-to-fame PKB devices, I'm going to bet that it comes AFTER Christmas.
    07-05-16 10:18 PM
    So cool and exactly zero of business partners or friends are using BBM in europe

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-05-16 11:30 PM
    I have managed to convert various friends to BBM who really only used text before. And for the last couple of years a good friend and two extended family members now on BB10.

I do also use Whatsapp now as well but is the Android version bad? Should probably be available to sideload.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 12:42 AM
    I have managed to convert various friends to BBM who really only used text before. And for the last couple of years a good friend and two extended family members now on BB10.

I do also use Whatsapp now as well but is the Android version bad? Should probably be available to sideload.

Posted via CB10
    No sideloading, just slide open my keyboard and type "Play Store" and get it there.
    07-06-16 06:09 AM
    Actually no we all knew for 2 phones one pkb and one vkb and we still have more pictures and facts about these two than the third vkb

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 07:19 AM
    1) I expect the Alcatel deal requires less of an investment from BlackBerry.
    2) I belive that the LEAP far outsold the Classic to enterprise customers, thus proving the form factor that is most important.
    3) They just are not in a position to launch three devcies all at once.
    4) People using WhatsApp are not the target enterprise customers these devcies will have any shot with.

I too "think" the Rome/Mercury should have been first, or at least at the same time as the all touch devcies. But I'm sure Chen has sales data and enterprise customer feedback that is guiding his choices.
    07-06-16 07:33 AM
    Why not install android os on all our BlackBerry devices. Is it possible. But BlackBerry want to yearn money. So they won't do it. Even they release android phones they can't survive in android market. Any how time to RIP the BlackBerry like Nokia.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 07:34 AM
148 123 ...