Hey all,

So picked up my reservation just now and paid outright. Had to convince the guy not to pop in a Rogers SIM into the device (really, buddy?) -- he was reluctant, but I made a bit of a stink about it and he backed off.

But one thing he mentioned threw me off -- he said if I pop in a Fido SIM (i.e. non-Rogers SIM), it voids the warranty???

Any truth to this? How the hell does that even make any sense?
    05-31-17 07:16 PM
    Totally BS. How the hell would they know u have a sim from other carrier? When u go back to claim ur warranty, borrow a Rogers sim. U have manufacturer warranty anyway.

Posted via CB10
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-31-17 07:20 PM
    Hey all,

So picked up my reservation just now and paid outright. Had to convince the guy not to pop in a Rogers SIM into the device (really, buddy?) -- he was reluctant, but I made a bit of a stink about it and he backed off.

But one thing he mentioned threw me off -- he said if I pop in a Fido SIM (i.e. non-Rogers SIM), it voids the warranty???

Any truth to this? How the hell does that even make any sense?
    That's the biggest lie I have heard this year,
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-31-17 07:22 PM
    Lie.
    05-31-17 07:51 PM
    Thanks all -- I thought so, but thought I'd mention it. We should start an entire forum dedicated to the various lies and BS that reps spew to try and deter you from buying a device outright.
    05-31-17 08:40 PM
    Absolute BS

you can use anysim, even unlock as long as it is with manufacturer unlock code and the warranty will still not be void
    06-02-17 05:11 PM
    Thanks all -- I thought so, but thought I'd mention it. We should start an entire forum dedicated to the various lies and BS that reps spew to try and deter you from buying a device outright.
    Some wireless carriers stores are not corporately owned so the salespersons receive more compensation by selling contract smartphones.
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-02-17 09:07 PM