If I buy a Keyone from Rogers and unlock it will it work with Koodo? My main concern is that there's a CDMA and GSM version of the phone and I wanna make sure the Rogers version uses all the correct bands on the Koodo/Telus(same network)
    06-06-17 09:19 AM
    Rogers Wirleess uses the GSM model of the BlackBeery KEYone.
    06-06-17 09:35 AM
    If I buy a Keyone from Rogers and unlock it will it work with Koodo? My main concern is that there's a CDMA and GSM version of the phone and I wanna make sure the Rogers version uses all the correct bands on the Koodo/Telus(same network)
    Yes it will work on Telus. I tried it.
    1TIME likes this.
    06-06-17 09:59 AM
    Got a Rogers Keyone on Telus. All good.
    06-06-17 10:56 AM
    Does that mean it utilizes the same bands as the Telus/Koodo network? I don't want to have any issues with speed, reception, call quality down the line
    06-06-17 11:39 AM
    Rogers Wirleess uses the GSM model of the BlackBeery KEYone.
    Does that mean it utilizes the same bands as the Telus/Koodo network? I don't want to have any issues with speed, reception, call quality down the line
    06-06-17 11:39 AM
    I'm looking into this as well because I don't think I can wait any longer to buy a factory unlocked version in Canada. It seems like it won't be available for a while. So far I don't think there should be any issues with using a Rogers KEYone and unlock it to use it on Koodo/Telus.
    06-06-17 01:26 PM
    Canada only offers the GSM version and it's the same through all carriers as well.
    06-06-17 01:28 PM
    Canada only offers the GSM version and it's the same through all carriers as well.

1. Thanks for your response, so if I understand you correctly, The Rogers version is GSM and the Koodo/Telus network is also GSM so I should have not any issues buying a Rogers version, unlocking it and then running it on the Koodo network?

2. Would buying from Rogers and unlocking make it identical to a factory unlocked unit? Another concern I have is I don't wanna be subject to carrier updates which I'm afraid might happen with a Rogers unlocked version
    06-06-17 01:37 PM
    1. Thanks for your response, so if I understand you correctly, The Rogers version is GSM and the Koodo/Telus network is also GSM so I should have not any issues buying a Rogers version, unlocking it and then running it on the Koodo network?

2. Would buying from Rogers and unlocking make it identical to a factory unlocked unit? Another concern I have is I don't wanna be subject to carrier updates which I'm afraid might happen with a Rogers unlocked version
    The answer is no. Any device bought from a carrier is dependent on the carrier's update schedule. Unlocking the phone bought from Rogers or any carrier does not equal to a factory unlocked device.

But you won't have any problems using the phone on Koodo/Telus
    06-06-17 01:39 PM
    1. Nope you won't have any problems.
    2. Nope it will not be the same , factory unlocked is different from carrier unlocked, unless blackberry/tcl decides to go around carriers.
    06-06-17 01:39 PM
    And that's why I really don't want to buy a Rogers KEYone but in Canada it seems like we have no option other than buying a carrier dependent device. It's pathetic but what can we do.
    06-06-17 01:41 PM
    And that's why I really don't want to buy a Rogers KEYone but in Canada it seems like we have no option other than buying a carrier dependent device. It's pathetic but what can we do.
    Just have to wait until it's stocked
    06-06-17 01:44 PM
    Just phone Telus and they will get you one. I phoned yesterday, should get it tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 01:51 PM
    Just phone Telus. I phoned yesterday and should have keyone by tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 01:55 PM
    Just phone Telus and they will get you one. I phoned yesterday, should get it tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    Yeah but I don't want a carrier dependent device. If I'm dropping $700+ on a phone I'd rather have a factory unlocked device.
    06-06-17 02:11 PM
    They will sell it to you and if you use it on their network I think they have to unlock for free. I thought I read that in another thread

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 02:14 PM