In 2013, after expecting a BBAndroid experience and getting the BB10 experience, I’ve adjusted my expectations. I’m using iOS and my XR far more than I expected. PRIV and DTEK really got me using the VKB more and iOS seems more polished and secure. I’m just a BB junkie that can’t wean off the PKB tactile dependency entirely. Truth be told, it’s all more or less the same to me.
    I think the question for most BB10 holdouts who will eventually transition to either BBAndroid or iOS is:

"Do you like the PKB more than you despise Android?"
    07-11-19 03:58 PM
    "It's more or less the same to me" ... same here.. Ditched the iPhone for PKB.. Love the Classic and KeyOne Android.. But after two years.. I'm looking at Google phones... hope TCL release something.. A press release or a new device soon.. I might jump ships!
    07-11-19 06:05 PM
    "It's more or less the same to me" ... same here.. Ditched the iPhone for PKB.. Love the Classic and KeyOne Android.. But after two years.. I'm looking at Google phones... hope TCL release something.. A press release or a new device soon.. I might jump ships!
    If you jump ship, then you simply value getting updates on the 5th of every month more than you value the PKB.

As for me, having the PKB there for me to enjoy every single word I type is FAR more satisfying than getting a security update early, especially when it brings almost zero noticeable features/improvements most of the time.

If you didn't want the PKB at all, then yes, I'd recommend a Pixel as the first option.
    07-11-19 09:16 PM
    For me, it's PKB and security. I never had to think about that with BB10, but now it seems there are updates here and there, (Rogers, Telus..but not Bell?) Same with other regional carriers in other countries.. Maybe I'm a victim of over-hype /over marketing from TCL/Android/BlackBerry that my device (and my carrier) would be top notch for security patches...Maybe I'm missing the entire thing and should not worry about all this after all!🤔
    07-11-19 09:53 PM
    ... /over marketing from TCL/Android/BlackBerry ...
    Never heard a better joke
    07-12-19 04:40 AM
    😁😁 yes, indeed, a funny statement !
    07-12-19 08:52 AM
    Two years ago people never believed that the KEYone wouldn't get PIE or updates for years to come.... that promise of one feature update and two years of patches was only a minimum.

I suspect if sales had gone better, BBMo might have offered more....
    Are you running Pie on your S7? I use Pie on my S9 side by side with my BE KeyOne. Honestly there's not a lot different or life changing between Oreo and Pie in my opinion. (One UI has some nice features but that's Samsung) I have been using my son's new iPad here and there. My daughter has an XR I have used here and there. iOS just does not excite me all that much. Hopefully OS 13 changes some things up on the iPad. For watching content or reading my Fire 10 (with Google Play Store) does everything I need it to do. Creating content on iOS is different. It's why I picked one up for our son. So far, surprisingly, he's not that into it. Uses his S9 with regularity. Says its more intuitive but that's just because Android and the newer (very good) One UI is something he is used to and likes.

To me the security updates for 36 months or 3 years are more important. I would take Pie of course but not having it won't render my KeyOne useless anymore than other devices not on Pie or that will not receive it.
    07-12-19 05:22 PM
    Please has anyone on Rogers in Canada with unlocked KeyOne BE gotten the update?
    07-23-19 12:07 PM
    Please has anyone on Rogers in Canada with unlocked KeyOne BE gotten the update?
    No.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354
    07-23-19 02:08 PM
59 123