Hello,

I was able to get a BlackBerry KeyOne from Rogers, however I cant seem to find a quick reliable unlock code. I tried one on eBay, that unlock key didnt work (I triple checked the IMEI #). I bought another code of UnlockingCodeSource, however its been almost 12 hours and still no code.
    06-03-17 09:07 PM
    Hello,

I was able to get a BlackBerry KeyOne from Rogers, however I cant seem to find a quick reliable unlock code. I tried one on eBay, that unlock key didnt work (I triple checked the IMEI #). I bought another code of UnlockingCodeSource, however its been almost 12 hours and still no code.
    It can take a couple days or so, especially over a weekend.

I've had no problems with Canada GSM.
    06-03-17 09:19 PM
    If it hasn't been activated with rogers you may not be able to get an unlock code. I bought a bell Passport from a guy that had it given to him by his work. I wasn't able to get an unlock code from BlackBerry code source because it had never been activated. He never activated it with bell and I had to buy a one month plan with bell, and then bbcs got me the unlock code.

I don't know for sure if you'll have the same issue, but it's a possibility. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will speak up and help you out.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-17 09:20 PM
    it takes up to 24 hours
    06-03-17 09:29 PM
    I bought two unlock codes and both guys provided the same unlock code and they both do NOT work. Im submitted the correct the correct IMEI number. Is there something wrong with my unit? Ive unlocked phones before and shouldnt be this difficult.
    06-04-17 08:33 AM
    I bought two unlock codes and both guys provided the same unlock code and they both do NOT work. Im submitted the correct the correct IMEI number. Is there something wrong with my unit? Ive unlocked phones before and shouldnt be this difficult.
    Was it configured by Rogers with a Rogers SIM and a phone number? If not, it may not be locked to Rogers.
    06-04-17 09:59 AM
    I bought the Keyone through Rogers and used my favourite unlocking site, cellunlocker.net. I received a working unlock code in 2 hours.
    06-04-17 11:56 AM
    I bought the Keyone through Rogers and used my favourite unlocking site, cellunlocker.net. I received a working unlock code in 2 hours.
    Right, but for completeness:

1) Are you using it on the Rogers / Fido / Chatr network?
    2) When you first bought it, did the Rogers rep pop in a Rogers SIM to register it on the network?
    06-04-17 01:43 PM
    No they did not. Now my phone is MEP Blocked, am I screwed?
    06-04-17 01:48 PM
    Well I bought mine from bell. The rep didn't put the Sim in and I got my unlock code then entered it and boom first time. Freedom mobile Sim. Good luck getting it unlocked I am sure there has to be a way
    06-04-17 01:53 PM
    Yep, unfortunately you may be screwed indeed. Maybe contact Rogers and tell them you are going to be travelling and needed the phone unlocked and maybe they will have a way of unlocking it or replace it with another one since the one you have probably cannot be unlocked now that it's MEP blocked.
    06-04-17 01:55 PM
    I just got the phone activated on the rogers network. Any chance, I can get a crack at putting another unlock code? Anyone have a solution?
    06-04-17 02:14 PM
    Right, but for completeness:

1) Are you using it on the Rogers / Fido / Chatr network?
    2) When you first bought it, did the Rogers rep pop in a Rogers SIM to register it on the network?
    1) I'm using it on Bell

2) The Rep didn't, but I did. When I got back to the office, I unboxed it, put in the Rogers SIM card, tested it with a call/test, and did some additional initial setting up. Then I placed the unlock order and a few hours later got the code, unlocked it and put in the Bell SIM.
    06-04-17 02:19 PM
    1) I'm using it on Bell

2) The Rep didn't, but I did. When I got back to the office, I unboxed it, put in the Rogers SIM card, tested it with a call/test, and did some additional initial setting up. Then I placed the unlock order and a few hours later got the code, unlocked it and put in the Bell SIM.
    Will your monthly updates come from Rogers Wireless, Bell Mobility, or directly from BlackBerry or BlackBerry Mobile?
    06-04-17 02:30 PM
    Will your monthly updates come from Rogers Wireless, Bell Mobility, or directly from BlackBerry or BlackBerry Mobile?
    I do not know.

I just wanted to get the Keyone quickly, and punish Bell for refusing to sell me one outright.

Maybe this is a clue: After it was unlocked and the Bell SIM in play, I ran the Update app and there was an update (June 5th).
    06-04-17 02:42 PM
    I do not know.

I just wanted to get the Keyone quickly, and punish Bell for refusing to sell me one outright.

Maybe this is a clue: After it was unlocked and the Bell SIM in play, I ran the Update app and there was an update (June 5th).
    Maybe you can swap the Rogers SIM back into the smartphone and check whether the update is recognized and to see if there might be differences between them.
    06-04-17 04:38 PM
    It can take a couple days or so, especially over a weekend.

I've had no problems with Canada GSM.

Canada GSM quoted me 16$ to unlock a KeyOne (Telus) and then asked for 22$ more to complete the job. Very poor business practices.
    08-28-17 01:15 PM
    Hello,

U should use cellunlocker.net u received within 24 hours
    08-28-17 03:40 PM
    Didn't the Canadian government mandate that cell phone providers have to unlock their phones? Maybe it isn't in effect yet but if not it should be soon, maybe by the end of this year. If you bought it from Rogers they should have to unlock it for you.
    08-29-17 10:38 AM
    Didn't the Canadian government mandate that cell phone providers have to unlock their phones? Maybe it isn't in effect yet but if not it should be soon, maybe by the end of this year. If you bought it from Rogers they should have to unlock it for you.
    Sadly not in effect until Dec (soo bs!)
    08-29-17 01:21 PM
    OP - call Rogers and check the IMEM make sure it's registered in their system

Recently had the same problem. Got a phone from Bell, unlocked for Koodo worked fine. Phone screen came loose, Sent it in for repair and they sent me a new phone.

Tried to get it unlocked via 2 websites, both said they don't have a code available. Called Bell, and apparently found out the IMEM is not in their system - hence why they cannot provide the code.

I had to get BlackBerry involved, and after review they are giving me a new unlocked cell - as they cannot trace back to found out who is the carrier for the phone.
    08-29-17 01:24 PM
    I just got the phone activated on the rogers network. Any chance, I can get a crack at putting another unlock code? Anyone have a solution?
    You may just have to get the unlock code from Rogers Wireless! I spoke with someone at a Corp store and Rogers usually adapts CRTC rulings a bit earlier! So hopefully before December the free unlocking will become in effect!
    gqmovement likes this.
    08-29-17 05:29 PM