04-22-19 11:58 AM
    It's been two years, so that's certainly a possibility. Hope Bla1ze can clear this up.
    04-22-19 12:35 PM
    Yes @Bla1ze, please do.

What of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ's inclusion in the Enterprise Recommended program that mandates 3 years of security patches?

Is this a Roger's thing, or will ALL KEYᵒⁿᵉs be treated similarly?
    04-22-19 12:37 PM
    Yes @Bla1ze, please do.

What of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ's inclusion in the Enterprise Recommended program that mandates 3 years of security patches?

Is this a Roger's thing, or will ALL KEYᵒⁿᵉs be treated similarly?
    Good question. Will see what I can find out.
    elfabio80 and moosbb like this.
    04-22-19 12:58 PM
    That stinks!

I wish they would release the Red Edition Key2 in Canada!!
    Sime0n_S likes this.
    04-22-19 01:21 PM
    Yeah, I noticed the FINAL listing too. Strange, since the KEYone is still listed as a current product on the BlackBerry Mobile website. I did notice that the Motion is no longer offered.

One would think that the updates should continue for 2-3 years after the product has been discontinued.... oh well.
    04-22-19 01:42 PM
    That stinks!

I wish they would release the Red Edition Key2 in Canada!!
    Pathetic. Looks like KeyONE owners just got EOL'd.

Not very smart timing considering the incoming red edition. So who is going to believe for $600 USD the one year old Key2 with a red paint job is getting three years of updates?

Good luck with that TCL.
    04-22-19 01:43 PM
    Yeah, I noticed the FINAL listing too. Strange, since the KEYone is still listed as a current product on the BlackBerry Mobile website. I did notice that the Motion is no longer offered.

One would think that the updates should continue for 2-3 years after the product has been discontinued.... oh well.
    It's always from initial product release by the OEM.

The question is either it's 24 months as stated by BBMo (which is now), or 36 months as can be inferred from the Enterprise Recommended program.
    04-22-19 01:54 PM
    Wow. TCL really cut the KEYone off exactly 2 years after launch. I hope my KEY2 gets 3 years of updates.

The KEYone slowed to a crawl real quick after I got it, but my KEY2 is as fast as it was on launch day. I'm hoping to hold on to it for another couple of years.
    04-22-19 01:57 PM
    A lot of conclusion jumping here based on a simple word, which could be carrier specific or even a typo in the listing lol.
    04-22-19 02:23 PM
    Hopefully it's just an internal Roger's thing and unlocked devices get future updates.... Other than the Pixel's anything over two years on that list? I don't see a Galaxy S8 listed, and it still gets updates...
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 04-22-19 at 02:46 PM.
    04-22-19 02:28 PM
    A lot of conclusion jumping here based on a simple word, which could be carrier specific or even a typo in the listing lol.
    BBMo did only list two years for the KEYone... conclusion jumping was that it would get more than what was promised, because it got put on some list of devices that meet some requirements at one point in time.

But yeah for now I think it's a Roger's thing and not a BBMo thing...
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 04-22-19 at 02:47 PM.
    04-22-19 02:32 PM
    I can't believe that there is someone at TCL who thinks they are in the position to bark someone. There is nobody who would buy another BlackBerry Mobile.
    04-22-19 02:57 PM
    Seems everything BBMo does results in conclusion jumping so to me this is just the norm.
    bh7171 likes this.
    04-22-19 03:02 PM
    Seems everything BBMo does results in conclusion jumping so to me this is just the norm.
    Yeah, pretty much.
    Elky64 likes this.
    04-22-19 03:05 PM
    So who is going to believe for $600 USD the one year old Key2 with a red paint job is getting three years of updates?
    I've been wondering the same but of course until all is said and done none of us will know.
    04-22-19 03:06 PM
    BBMo did only list two years for the KEYone... conclusion jumping was that it would get more than what was promised, because it got put on some list of devices that meet some requirements at one point in time.

But yeah for now I think it's a Roger's thing and not a BBMo thing...
    It's not just "some list".

After more than a year, only 82 device variants (out of over 5400 in its database) have made this list, which Google has tried to make a rather big deal.
    04-22-19 03:28 PM
    It's not just "some list".

After more than a year, only 82 device variants (out of over 5400 in its database) have made this list, which Google has tried to make a rather big deal.
    But is it a big deal?

Two biggest name in Enterprise are Apple and Samsung... granted this is an Android list, but clearly Samsung didn't want to play.

• Sharp
    • Bluebird
    • Point Mobile
    • Panasonic
    • Honeywell
    • Zebra

You really expect all these OEM's to follow through? The Honeywell Dolphin CT60 is still on Android 7.1.1.. and it's on the list?

• Sony (if they are around in three years)
    • Nokia (thanks to Android One program)
    • Huawei
    • LG
    • Moto

I expect they'll live up to the requirements. If you buy the phone unlocked and don't have to deal with a carrier like Rogers.... who isn't on the list of Enterprise Recommended Carriers.
    04-22-19 03:59 PM
    Whatever scepticism TCL gets for this they fully deserve. Especially after the DTEK fiasco. Not to mention the Sprint KeyONE.

At this point I'm definitely leaning toward "FINAL" on Rogers' official update list as not being a typo. Call me a cynic. If that's proven wrong, wonderful for everyone except the unlucky Rogers owners who will have to manually apply any future updates to their devices "post mortem".
    04-22-19 04:00 PM
    But is it a big deal?

Two biggest name in Enterprise are Apple and Samsung... granted this is an Android list, but clearly Samsung didn't want to play.

• Sharp
    • Bluebird
    • Point Mobile
    • Panasonic
    • Honeywell
    • Zebra

You really expect all these OEM's to follow through? The Honeywell Dolphin CT60 is still on Android 7.1.1.. and it's on the list?

• Huawei
    • LG
    • Moto

I expect they'll live up to the requirements. If you buy the phone unlocked and don't have to deal with a carrier like Rogers.... who isn't on the list of Enterprise Recommended Carriers.
    Perhaps true, but my point is that it wasn't just "some list". It's a very specific list, detailing very specific requirements, by a very authoritative organization - in fact, THE authority on Android.
    04-22-19 04:04 PM
    But is it a big deal?

• Sharp
    • Bluebird
    • Point Mobile
    • Panasonic
    • Honeywell
    • Zebra

• Huawei
    • LG
    • Moto

Rogers is without doubt the top carrier for Enterprise in Canada. If they aren't supporting the KeyONE and it's supposed to get three years of updates, than BBMo's Android Enterprise program is total bunk as far as I'm concerned.
    04-22-19 04:04 PM
    Rogers is without doubt the top carrier for Enterprise in Canada. If they aren't supporting the KeyONE and it's supposed to get three years of updates, than BBMo's Android Enterprise program is total bunk as far as I'm concerned.
    It's Google's Android Enterprise program, which begs the question... what does Google do / how does Google enforce it? It's one thing to list the devices and say they have that commitment from OEM's but what happens if they don't deliver? Probably not much aside from being removed from the list.
    04-22-19 06:51 PM
    It's Google's Android Enterprise program, which begs the question... what does Google do / how does Google enforce it? It's one thing to list the devices and say they have that commitment from OEM's but what happens if they don't deliver? Probably not much aside from being removed from the list.
    Well that's exactly what I meant...what does BBMo's adoption of "Android Enterprise" look like and what does it mean? And was the KeyONE ever part of it to begin with? How about its current models? All important questions that BBMo is going to have to face up to if they expect people to think their affiliation with the program means anything at all.

I hope we aren't going to turn this into another "blame Google" thread when the real issue is what has happened to the KeyONE and why is it getting it's final update almost two years to the day after launch? As a former BlackBerry customer looking forward to returning to the brand at some point, this issue is definitely a legitimate concern for me as I'm sure it is for many people on CB.
    04-22-19 07:02 PM
    Well that's exactly what I meant...what does BBMo's adoption of "Android Enterprise" look like and what does it mean? And was the KeyONE ever part of it to begin with? How about its current models? All important questions that BBMo is going to have to face up to if they expect people to think their affiliation with the program means anything at all.

I hope we aren't going to turn this into another "blame Google" thread when the real issue is what has happened to the KeyONE and why is it getting it's final update almost two years to the day after launch? As a former BlackBerry customer looking forward to returning to the brand at some point, this issue is definitely a legitimate concern for me as I'm sure it is for many people on CB.
    All 4 BBMo devices are listed as part of the program.

BBMo said 24 months from launch from the very beginning.

We just inferred the rest by virtue of the program participation.

Hopefully Bla1ze will get more details.

In the end, Google's enforcement of its own program is on them.
    04-22-19 07:35 PM
    All 4 BBMo devices are listed as part of the program.

BBMo said 24 months from launch from the very beginning.

We just inferred the rest by virtue of the program participation.

Hopefully Bla1ze will get more details.

In the end, Google's enforcement of its own program is on them.
    Sorry conite, but all four means all four. I thought you were a numbers guy?

So KeyONE is part of Android Enterprise - but not really. And only less 1/3 of the total updates it's supposed to receive? Something is a bit off, wouldn't you say?

Maybe the "typo" was BBMo putting the KeyONE on their...sorry Google's...Android Enterprise list in the first place. Inconvenient to say the least, if you bought one thinking that it being on said list amounted to anything.
    rolfep likes this.
    04-22-19 08:03 PM
365 123 ...