I wanted to document my 2-month experience for those curious about the QC and RMA process experience for the K1 in the USA, from someone who purchased on day 1, and whom has never dropped the phone.

Timeline (updates to follow)

May 31 - purchase at BestBuy retail store in Boston, MA USA
    June 4 - discovered rear camera glass was shattered (no drop)
    June 5 - phone call to blackberry USA support, ticket created (parts availability unknown)

~~ 5+ weeks radio silence waiting for followup of camera glass part availability ~~

July 14 - 1st contact since day ticket opened june 5th (parts now available)
    July 14 - I reply to followup, indicating I would like repair for free (no damage)
    July 14 - BB support informs no charge (IF) no damage (7-10 day turn around)

~~ As I take several days to decide what to do, the display begins to lift!! ~~

July 19 - I reply to support, indicated there are now (2) issues and request shipping label
    July 21 - shipping label received via email (no packaging instructions, ticket closed by support)
    July 24 - keyone shipment given to fedex in Boston, going to Texas (fedex express saver)

I will post updates as the process progresses. For those curious, I love the phone. The issues are annoying, but I considered glueing the display myself and repairing the glass with online replacement just because I didn't want to be without the device for 7-10 days. My passport will do for now.
    07-25-17 04:56 PM
    I wanted to document my 2-month experience for those curious about the QC and RMA process experience for the K1 in the USA, from someone who purchased on day 1, and whom has never dropped the phone.

Timeline (updates to follow)

May 31 - purchase at BestBuy retail store in Boston, MA USA
    June 4 - discovered rear camera glass was shattered (no drop)
    June 5 - phone call to blackberry USA support, ticket created (parts availability unknown)

~~ 5+ weeks radio silence waiting for followup of camera glass part availability ~~

July 14 - 1st contact since day ticket opened june 5th (parts now available)
    July 14 - I reply to followup, indicating I would like repair for free (no damage)
    July 14 - BB support informs no charge (IF) no damage (7-10 day turn around)

~~ As I take several days to decide what to do, the display begins to lift!! ~~

July 19 - I reply to support, indicated there are now (2) issues and request shipping label
    July 21 - shipping label received via email (no packaging instructions, ticket closed by support)
    July 24 - keyone shipment given to fedex in Boston, going to Texas (fedex express saver)

I will post updates as the process progresses. For those curious, I love the phone. The issues are annoying, but I considered glueing the display myself and repairing the glass with online replacement just because I didn't want to be without the device for 7-10 days. My passport will do for now.
    Lol I went back to my passport also. Been 20 days still waiting for parts as mine needed loads.
    07-25-17 07:48 PM
    Lol I went back to my passport also. Been 20 days still waiting for parts as mine needed loads.
    That's not good. What parts and what repair center? Can you demand a replacement?
    07-25-17 07:53 PM
    I'm from the UK so went to SBE UK. They got pretty poor reviews!
    I have and they escalated to management and still waiting.
    I don't know they haven't told me. All they said is its practically got everything new.
    I had a dodgy mic and ear piece as well that they replaced.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-17 05:56 AM
    Sounds about right for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-17 06:56 AM
    Radio silence, I have heard nothing. I emailed support last week and they did not reply. I'm starting to get pissed, the situation as a whole is debatable but a lack of proper communication is inexcusable.
    08-06-17 02:11 PM
    I have a faulty device. TLC has a service called "advance replacement." You give them a credit card. they send you a replacement. you then have 5 days to ship back your broken device.
    08-07-17 10:49 PM
    I have also been having difficulty. They said they would get back to me later that day and get mine setup for repair. That was 11 days ago. Fairly disappointed.
    08-07-17 10:59 PM
    I have also been having difficulty. They said they would get back to me later that day and get mine setup for repair. That was 11 days ago. Fairly disappointed.
    I was wrong, they shipped me a replacement KeyOne July 28th, with absolutely no email or contact. My replacement sat in a box for over a week before I picked up the package and realized what it was. Still no reply from support....
    08-09-17 05:35 PM
    For reference:

Original imei May31 - 3529 4806 0004***
    Replace imei Jul28 - 3529 4806 0354***

Anyone know how to break down a blackberry KeyOne imei? I wonder if the last digit it a check digit....hmmm. I'm assuming yes for the check digit based on my experience with UPC barcodes.

If they are sequential for the BBB100-1 model, then I had the 400ish or 4000ish depending, and there's another 35k or 350k out there in the wild.
    08-09-17 05:47 PM
    Should I get out the USB Barcode scanner? How many KeyOne have they shipped haha?
    08-09-17 05:49 PM
    For reference:

Original imei May31 - 3529 4806 0004***
    Replace imei Jul28 - 3529 4806 0354***

Anyone know how to break down a blackberry KeyOne imei? I wonder if the last digit it a check digit....hmmm. I'm assuming yes for the check digit based on my experience with UPC barcodes.

If they are sequential for the BBB100-1 model, then I had the 400ish or 4000ish depending, and there's another 35k or 350k out there in the wild.
    For your security reasons PLEASE DONOT post your IMEI!!!!
    08-10-17 01:03 AM
    For your security reasons PLEASE DONOT post your IMEI!!!!
    Did I post my imei? Nope.
    08-10-17 01:21 AM
    Did I post my imei? Nope.
    I didn't the starred out imei's. It's late here.
    08-10-17 05:59 AM