i have different ring tones for different things.

after the oreo update, the texting ring tone, app used being the anroid messages app... the ring tone changed itself. When i go to settings the one i want is 'selected', but no matter what i do, the default one is being used... what is going on?

how do i get my selected one to work?
    09-13-18 11:35 PM
    Hi wiz9,

Could you try going to Settings > System > Reset options > Reset app preferences? This would reset certain app preferences (like notification settings) to their default state (but without erasing any of your data). This could help to make sure there isn't something wonky going on with those preferences.

You might also try rebooting into Safe Mode to temporarily disable all your third-party applications and see if your phone then rings for incoming calls.

Let me know if that doesn't help and we can figure out where to go from there.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/phone-by-google/no-notification-sounds-or-ringtones
    Last edited by techblogger911; 09-02-19 at 01:41 PM.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    10-09-18 06:19 AM
    I didn't have this problem until after I did a factory reset. Factory reset fixed my VoLTE and Video Calling options being greyed out, but now I can't set custom ringtones, or even get the factory ones back.

Resetting app preferences didn't help, neither did clearing out the system's Media Storage app. I have no notifications at all now. How do I get all notifications and ringtones back to default? I had selected sound files that I had copied over to internal storage, and they work when you tap on them, but when an actual call or text comes in, the default sound would play. Now after doing these resets of app preferences and Media Storage, I lost all ringtones and notification sounds. I would much rather not do another factory reset, since I just did one and the problem was caused by the reset..
    11-15-18 11:06 PM