For me, the RGB notification feature is not absolutely essential, but it's a big value-add. I love that I can leave my screen off and my phone silent while I'm working and only check it when I KNOW that something significant has arrived for me. This also allows me to keep my email client CLOSED on my PC, which reduces distractions considerably.

These days, limiting distractions in the workplace is a big productivity issue, and I am grateful that I don't have to turn on my phone's screen to know if there is a notification that demands my attention.

Posted via CB10
    Sean Flaherty and Pinot2015 like this.
    02-13-17 01:55 PM
    Dude....

The rgb is an - extra - feature which can be useful, as was pointed out by other commentators. The fact that this feature can be useful is independent of the amount of people using it, and also independent of yourself using it. So whatever effort you might put into showing others what a useless thing rgb is you won't succeed. And I must point out that you put an amazingly big effort into it.

CB10 on my PP SE
    Yah, kind of funny... :-D

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-13-17 05:16 PM
    It's less-good than the Passport, which would cycle through the colors, so you knew if there were notifications stacked what they were -- but it still is better than "red only", which is what I have now.
    So, the Priv RGB led doesn't actually cycle thru and show all waiting alerts (colors) like BB10?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-17 10:42 PM
    So, the Priv RGB led doesn't actually cycle thru and show all waiting alerts (colors) like BB10?

Posted via CB10
    Nope, but there are apps that can do that. I've been rocking' my Dtek50 for 2 months now, so I don't remember what app I used. I really, really hope that the Mercury has rgb.
    02-17-17 05:25 AM
    I have a Galaxy S7 with RGB and use the app Light Manager and have also tried Light Flow. Both claim to offer cycling but I think the app is inconsistent. Sometimes I will have one color light up only when I know I have multiple notifications. And other times I have the colors cycle through. I am not sure if this is a limitation with Android?! My BB Classic handled the cycling excellently
    02-17-17 02:56 PM
105 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD