In the end... I expect nothing has changed, those that want a PKB will buy it.
    Pretty much. The specs that that target audience is looking for: 1) PKB. 2) Battery life.
    Seems like the K1 is on target.
    Nels and Witmen like this.
    05-04-17 01:04 PM
    All the reviews I have read are generally positive. Great phone for work, not for everyone, performance is excellent, battery life is the best available, build quality great, not as good for entertainment due to screen ratio. Very nice to hold and use.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    bluesqueen23 and Witmen like this.
    05-04-17 01:13 PM
    Most reviews I've seen are fantastic and I have it and love it. What are you talking about?
    05-04-17 01:52 PM
    There is no doubt now Nougat was rushed for the KeyOne thus the laggy performance and ram/storage paging issues noted in multiple reviews. Hopefully the production units have this tweaked or BB Mobile is going to have to push an update ASAP.

This a redux of the PRIV reviews before that got an update.
    05-04-17 01:52 PM
    I have seen a few reviews today so far and excited to get to the other ones, to see what people think about it. But most say nice things about the phone and didn't mention too much about performance issue or it being laggy. They seemed to talk more about if there is a place for a PKB in 2017, then performance issue.

Seems like a lot were happy with what they did and some of the features it has.
    05-04-17 02:08 PM
    CNET was honest upfront:

" Full disclaimer: I've been given a preproduction unit, and it isn't finished. (It got a software update yesterday, in fact.) Things could still change by the time the phone is fully released at the end of May; therefore, no rated review from me just yet. This is not a phone to judge quickly or lightly."
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-04-17 02:12 PM
    It can't be a surprise to anyone here that the KEYone is not the most powerful phone with the most RAM and internal storage. It also doesn't have wireless charging or an OLED display.

Who cares if people with the latest Apple and Samsung phones think it doesn't measure up?

But it has a physical keyboard, excellent battery life, decent performance, an SD card slot and a relatively large screen, not to mention all the BlackBerry stuff. And it runs on the latest version of Android. That's all I need.
    Nels, A Noise Annoys and j21jam6 like this.
    05-04-17 02:21 PM
    I have thumbed through probably 10-12 reviews this morning. Basically all the same. For the most part positive, but the disappointing area in most reviews is performance. Most complain about lags, stutters and overall sluggish performance. Kinda the same issues that the Priv had, which leads me to believe BB has yet to master the optimization of the OS that many brands have. Yes, it does have mid range specs, but as many reviewers point out, others have the same chipset and the phones perform much better.
    Yes, priv is badly optimized compared to other snapdragon 808 phones. You still have to give some credit to BlackBerry because BlackBerry is still fairly new to android OS.
    05-04-17 02:27 PM
    Most reviews seem to like the phone for the most part, which is extremely positive for BB. I am pretty concerned about how most reviews mention poor performance, lag, stuttering, etc. I guess you knew this is possible with 625, and the sacrifice for better battery, but still disappointing as other phones with 625 haven't had such poor performance. Guess BB really needs to learn how to optimize its software.
    625 doesn't really lag much. I am assuming that keyone is not fully optimized yet.
    05-04-17 02:29 PM
    625 doesn't really lag much. I am assuming that keyone is not fully optimized yet.
    I'm assuming that since my DTEK50 works just fine, the K1 will be even better.
    05-04-17 02:36 PM
    Shame the phone can't be rooted. XDA members would sort the performance issues.

Posted via CB10
    it is the the feature of the phone compare to the other droid.
    05-04-17 02:41 PM
    it is the the feature of the phone compare to the other droid.
    It's not a feature. It's a disability. But each to their own.

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    05-04-17 02:43 PM
    I'm assuming that since my DTEK50 works just fine, the K1 will be even better.
    Yes my dtek50 feels smoother than my priv. I am not a engineer so I don't know what would cause this. Snapdragon 808 should outperform snapdragon 617!
    terminatorx likes this.
    05-04-17 02:51 PM
    It's not a feature. It's a disability. But each to their own.

Posted via CB10
    we agree to disagree. just wondering, why you want it rooted for? why have to be BB? what is so attractive to get BB rooted instead of other driod? what BB has that other droid don't you found "must have"? thx.
    05-04-17 03:17 PM
    I'm not sure where some of the reviewers are experiencing lag and shutters. Ive been using this phone since Monday and have not experienced that. I guess that I could be considered to be part of the target consumer for this device. I use my phone as a communication tool mostly. Lots of emails, calls and text. I make use of some realtor tools, mortgage and cap rate calculators etc. I will watch some tech videos here and there but that's about it and so far this device has been stellar and all I can say is....its about time...BB is back and I could not be happier.
    Nels likes this.
    05-04-17 03:23 PM
    Most reviews I have read are on preproduction models. Kevin's is very positive, but that can hardly be called unbiased. He does not mention lags and stutters.

Most seem to place the phone as really nice, but not a gamers device. I will wait till someone really gives the device a run for its money.
    05-04-17 03:25 PM
    I wouldn't worried much. Snapdragon 625 shouldn't lag at all if they're well optimized. It will be updated by BlackBerry.
    05-04-17 03:30 PM
    In a nutshell, reviews are bad, mainly due to performance. Seriously ? They can't get this right. It will fail. And I love BlackBerry and always defend it but cmon, it's 2017 you can't make a phone that doesn't perform higher than average. I know what kind of replies I will get, it cheap, enough for normal usage, even thought normal usage today is maximum needed performance.
    What are you talking about, which reviews? Seriously, when I read criticism like this which flies in the face of reality, you just come across like a babbling fool who just wanted to start a thread more than anything else.

Read some more reviews, as well as http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12860445.
    Last edited by terminatorx; 05-04-17 at 03:53 PM.
    05-04-17 03:35 PM
    Does the Priv still lag and stutter after all its updates and optimizations? Curious.
    05-04-17 03:36 PM
    Does the Priv still lag and stutter after all its updates and optimizations? Curious.
    It did for me...quite a bit actually
    05-04-17 03:46 PM
    I tested the Priv for two month starting in december with Android 6 and never had any lag with that device, So I don't think in my use it will have any lag on the KEYone

p.s. I don't use facebook,instagram or whatsapp - only bbm, twitter and 6 email account
    05-04-17 03:53 PM
    its not an issue with the processor, its how BB Nougat build keeps or doesn't keep things in resident memory, making task switching between multiple apps slow and launcher screen redraws. My guess is that the Nougat Hub and associated services is pretty bloated right now and BB carves out a huge memory space for them to keep them fast but it also aggressively removes other apps to storage, making switching to them slow once you're bouncing between more than a couple apps.

From the AC review, an update was pushed yesterday that fixed most of these problems but alot of the reviews were in the hopper before then.

Samsung also had issues with memory management when the Galaxy S6 Lollipop debuted which was fixed in a subsequent update.

Good news is that your retail units probably won't suffer the same issues or to the degree the review units did.
    05-04-17 04:00 PM
    Yup, priv is not optimized very well. If it lags or freeze, just reboot.
    05-04-17 04:01 PM
    Praises on the battery and camera. Some complaints on RAM generally, and some stutters on device search when typing on keyboard. Still seems great on most reviews.

Posted via CB10
    Sad if they couldn't fix the the same PKB device search lag issue that was there on PRIV for the last couple of month. The letter dropping issue was exchanged with a lag issue on PRIV, it's still better this way for us legacy users, but not nice if you just paid 600Eur on K1
    05-04-17 04:01 PM
    just saw phonedog but there is some snear ,some dislike from the reviewer about the BlackBerry ,also mention BBM dead. I only use BBM and have more then 30 people (Familie, friends) . He also had some lag with BlackBerry search and that app is always some start up issue
    05-04-17 04:08 PM
92 1234