In a nutshell, reviews are bad, mainly due to performance. Seriously ? They can't get this right. It will fail. And I love BlackBerry and always defend it but cmon, it's 2017 you can't make a phone that doesn't perform higher than average. I know what kind of replies I will get, it cheap, enough for normal usage, even thought normal usage today is maximum needed performance.
    fanq105 likes this.
    05-04-17 08:57 AM
    In a nutshell, reviews are bad, mainly due to performance. Seriously ? They can't get this right. It will fail. And I love BlackBerry and always defend it but cmon, it's 2017 you can't make a phone that doesn't perform higher than average. I know what kind of replies I will get, it cheap, enough for normal usage, even thought normal usage today is maximum needed performance.
    Try Mr. Mobile. Excellent review.

Posted via CB10
    antonrr likes this.
    05-04-17 09:02 AM
    Most of the reviews I saw were excellent.

Posted via CB10
    fanq105, Flatman, th.1977 and 2 others like this.
    05-04-17 09:04 AM
    Have only see a few reviews... and most were based on the prototypes. Don't think offical reviews are out.

IT IS A MID-GRADE HARDWARE SET... designed to provide "performance" for a different customer than the Gamers and Power Users. Anyone expecting it to be hailed as a breakthrough devices... hasn't been paying attention.
    05-04-17 09:06 AM
    In a nutshell, reviews are bad, mainly due to performance.
    To which review are you referring? Care to post a link?
    05-04-17 09:09 AM
    Ive watched 7 thus far today and read. Its true, some lag and performance under use or with apps open. Could be software though.

From what i see so far, comments towards perf and display of a much less costing device. Oh well. Lets hope for a bump next revision.
    05-04-17 09:13 AM
    A lot of youtube reviews are up right now, they are pretty much what you'd expect, but they are not hating on the phone

Posted via CB10
    05-04-17 09:16 AM
    If opening multiple apps and switching back and forth causes it to lag it's quite disappointing.. this is the only thing I worry about, couldn't care less about gaming and or weird format to watch videos
    Chris Townsend3 and Ingear like this.
    05-04-17 09:17 AM
    I don't think the biggest issue is the bad reviews. I think a major problem is that all these reviews are flooding in AND YOU STILL CANT BUY THE PHONE ANYWHERE EXCEPT FOR ONE STORE IN LONDON!

Not to mention it won't see the light of day on American carriers until late summer. That is a serious problem.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-17 09:21 AM
    I have thumbed through probably 10-12 reviews this morning. Basically all the same. For the most part positive, but the disappointing area in most reviews is performance. Most complain about lags, stutters and overall sluggish performance. Kinda the same issues that the Priv had, which leads me to believe BB has yet to master the optimization of the OS that many brands have. Yes, it does have mid range specs, but as many reviewers point out, others have the same chipset and the phones perform much better.
    chain13 likes this.
    05-04-17 09:23 AM
    Praises on the battery and camera. Some complaints on RAM generally, and some stutters on device search when typing on keyboard. Still seems great on most reviews.

Posted via CB10
    BetaWolf94 likes this.
    05-04-17 09:39 AM
    Praises on the battery and camera. Some complaints on RAM generally, and some stutters on device search when typing on keyboard. Still seems great on most reviews.

Posted via CB10
    This phone is not for gaming! It is for productivity, camera and all the apps you need (even gaming) but don't expect it too be great for online gaming. Reviewers are idiots and biased when they don't mention that.
    Not sure why any gamer would buy this phone but I certainly see why professionals would.
    Ingear likes this.
    05-04-17 09:44 AM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I don't think the biggest issue is the bad reviews. I think a major problem is that all these reviews are flooding in AND YOU STILL CANT BUY THE PHONE ANYWHERE EXCEPT FOR ONE STORE IN LONDON!

Not to mention it won't see the light of day on American carriers until late summer. That is a serious problem.

Posted via CB10
    Not true.. people there getting next day delivery now...

Posted via CB10
    05-04-17 09:47 AM
    Most reviews seem to like the phone for the most part, which is extremely positive for BB. I am pretty concerned about how most reviews mention poor performance, lag, stuttering, etc. I guess you knew this is possible with 625, and the sacrifice for better battery, but still disappointing as other phones with 625 haven't had such poor performance. Guess BB really needs to learn how to optimize its software.
    05-04-17 09:48 AM
    This phone is not for gaming! It is for productivity, camera and all the apps you need (even gaming) but don't expect it too be great for online gaming. Reviewers are idiots and biased when they don't mention that.
    Not sure why any gamer would buy this phone but I certainly see why professionals would.
    True but what can BB does productivity wise that other phones can't? For the most part that is just a selling point.
    05-04-17 09:53 AM
    Most reviews seem to like the phone for the most part, which is extremely positive for BB. I am pretty concerned about how most reviews mention poor performance, lag, stuttering, etc. I guess you knew this is possible with 625, and the sacrifice for better battery, but still disappointing as other phones with 625 haven't had such poor performance. Guess BB really needs to learn how to optimize its software.
    I think most reviewers are using the pre-production phones. Daniel Bader at Android Central stated that he wasn't thrilled with the performance but once reviews were allowed and he received an update, that most of the issues went away.
    BetaWolf94 likes this.
    05-04-17 09:54 AM
    I have been using the KEYone since Monday. All apps u can think off. Even splitscreen with YouTube. No lags or stutters anywhere. So i really don't know what they are on about.
    Gelzz and BetaWolf94 like this.
    05-04-17 09:55 AM
    Shame the phone can't be rooted. XDA members would sort the performance issues.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-17 09:57 AM
    I think most reviewers are using the pre-production phones. Daniel Bader at Android Central stated that he wasn't thrilled with the performance but once reviews were allowed and he received an update, that most of the issues went away.
    Hope so, just gives me flashbacks and nightmares of when the Priv was released.
    05-04-17 10:02 AM
    True but what can BB does productivity wise that other phones can't? For the most part that is just a selling point.
    Fair but having Productivity Tab, Hub, PKB ease of filing, using attachments and how that integrates with BlackBerry Calendar and Contacts from the Hub. Not even close on a iPhone. Saying that you can get close on other Android phones without PBK or Productivity Tab.
    Not to mention ability to have over 50 shortcuts programmed in. Can't do that on VKB.
    BetaWolf94 likes this.
    05-04-17 10:03 AM
    OK.... I guess the official reviews are out.

Think some had issues with the software that a last minute update might have improved..... Big mistake on TCL and BlackBerry part. Not everyone is going to go back and redo a review at the last minute.

In the end... I expect nothing has changed, those that want a PKB will buy it.
    TGR1 and hjc73734 like this.
    05-04-17 10:10 AM
    So true!

Posted via CB10

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.3.2049
    05-04-17 10:16 AM
    It's purely a software issue. Hardware is capable enough.
    I have a production K1 and it is still kind of sluggish. No deal breaker because it is a productivity monster and that is more important for me. Battery life is great and it simply works. Not the fastest but reliable. Love the form factor, design and build quality. Maybe they will improve over time.
    05-04-17 10:25 AM
    OK.... I guess the official reviews are out.

Think some had issues with the software that a last minute update might have improved..... Big mistake on TCL and BlackBerry part. Not everyone is going to go back and redo a review at the last minute.

In the end... I expect nothing has changed, those that want a PKB will buy it.
    I 100% respect your opinion and your right to it but I totally disagree with your point I have bolded.

PKB users are, for better or worse, a dying breed (perhaps literally, as we all get older together ). That means an ever narrowing market with which to make this device worth making at all.

I fully believe that with the correct device you can start to draw some people back to the usability of a PKB, particularly among non-business users who primarily use their phone for messaging (like me). I don't need a PKB but with the right device I'll go back to it. To just say nothing will change and those who want a PKB will still buy it is, in my view, too simplistic. That is absolutely no way to bring a device to market and I can't imagine BB Mobile's strategy is just to sell phones to those who know they want a PKB. They will want a phone that attracts new users. Rather than treating a PKB as some sort of out-dated hardware aimed only at a niche group, convince people that a PKB will make their life better/more productive and can make an Android experience better.

But you need to get the basics right and that means smooth software (and I fully appreciate there is some disagreement here to whether that exists or not).
    BetaWolf94 likes this.
    05-04-17 10:31 AM
    I 100% respect your opinion and your right to it but I totally disagree with your point I have bolded.

PKB users are, for better or worse, a dying breed (perhaps literally, as we all get older together ). That means an ever narrowing market with which to make this device worth making at all.

I fully believe that with the correct device you can start to draw some people back to the usability of a PKB, particularly among non-business users who primarily use their phone for messaging (like me). I don't need a PKB but with the right device I'll go back to it. To just say nothing will change and those who want a PKB will still buy it is, in my view, too simplistic. That is absolutely no way to bring a device to market and I can't imagine BB Mobile's strategy is just to sell phones to those who know they want a PKB. They will want a phone that attracts new users. Rather than treating a PKB as some sort of out-dated hardware aimed only at a niche group, convince people that a PKB will make their life better/more productive and can make an Android experience better.

But you need to get the basics right and that means smooth software (and I fully appreciate there is some disagreement here to whether that exists or not).
    I agree..... no way to bring a device to market.
    05-04-17 11:54 AM
92 123 ...