Well, I've been a loyal BB user for 17 years, and have a drawer full of BB's. I hung in there for the past couple of years with my Passport waiting for "THE" Blackberry that would restore my confidence. The KEYone was the phone that I'd been waiting for...or so I thought. After trying it out for 7 days and nights, I have given up on BB's. The KEYone's hands-free speaker has no volume, and the caller's voice can't even be heard in a car. The multiple screens have icons that are not well designed with their wording not spaced accurately. The interface and the 2 launchers are really confusing to me, the phone #'s of 2,000 contacts didn't transfer over using "Content Transfer", and those are just a few of my disappointments. I just watched an amazing one hour video on the iphone 7 Plus. It is so simple and intuitive, and reminds me of why I fell in love with BB's so many years ago...Alas, I wish you all well and hope to come back soon!
    06-09-17 01:39 AM
    we won't miss you lol, enjoy the iFone. If you had any decency you'd be going with BB10 at LEAST then we could respect it lol hahah /4 s
    06-09-17 02:14 AM
    Not to worry, I will keep my beloved Passport as backup.
    goldenalcid likes this.
    06-09-17 02:44 AM
    I don't think the BlackBerry was very user-friendly. You have to dig through a lot settings.

Any way, good luck with that. I've got an iPhone 7 Plus, but the PKB is what I love. Android has a learning curve and after that it's second nature.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    06-09-17 04:13 AM
    Every phone and device takes some time getting used as there are more new features and OS versions coming out every year. If you feel like the iOS is better than Android, then you should go for it. Android is far superior in my opinion because you can do so much more. But I understand people need easy-to-use devices these days, so that's why most go for iPhone instead. Choose whatever suits your needs.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    06-09-17 04:23 AM
    TCL has more BlackBerry devices planned for this year, if you can manage wait for those.
    Of course they will be running the same android so most of your problems wouldn't be fixed I guess.
    06-09-17 04:28 AM
    Sounds like you had a great deal of technical issues. I myself have had the same issues with BBOS and BB10 with regards to contacts not transferring which were in the thousands. I had some issues with the PRIV but this time my contacts saved via Google it didn't deter me from pushing on. The Keyone is the real deal my friend sorry you had a hard way to go. I bid you peace.
    06-09-17 04:42 AM
    I read half of the first sentence and LOL'ed and then wrote this post, k bye.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 05:37 AM
    Use whatever device fits your needs best.

Also, there is a dedicated thread to leaving BlackBerry.
    06-09-17 05:51 AM
    What are you doing with this K1?
    06-09-17 07:34 AM
    Sounds like you had a great deal of technical issues. I myself have had the same issues with BBOS and BB10 with regards to contacts not transferring which were in the thousands. I had some issues with the PRIV but this time my contacts saved via Google it didn't deter me from pushing on. The Keyone is the real deal my friend sorry you had a hard way to go. I bid you peace.
    Sam
    TCL has more BlackBerry devices planned for this year, if you can manage wait for those.
    Of course they will be running the same android so most of your problems wouldn't be fixed I guess.
    06-09-17 07:39 AM
    Same issues with content transfer where only a few Contacts transferred over!
    06-09-17 07:40 AM
    Some people just aren't good with change.

Funny how watching a video made his decision lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 07:44 AM
    Love all the hate in this thread lol! Different strokes for different folks ya know? Android is definitely not for everyone and no device is without its compromises. I'm glad the OP has (supposedly) found a phone they'll enjoy and for all you Keyone peps out there loving the device, good on ya! Blackberry made a hell of a splash the first half of 2017 so just bask it the glory.

Still on the Priv myself and have had a pleasure using it.

Anyway good luck OP and anybody else who hates their Keyone just PM me I'll take it off your hands free of charge
    06-09-17 07:48 AM
    You only have 2 launchers if you installed 2 launchers.
    06-09-17 07:50 AM
    you must have a dud because my speaker works perfectly and the call quality has been surprisingly clear. my only wish was a better grip on the back it's not super slippery like my iPhone but was expecting something like the Passport. oh btw you'll hate the iPhone keyboard
    06-09-17 07:54 AM
    Well, I've been a loyal BB user for 17 years, and have a drawer full of BB's. I hung in there for the past couple of years with my Passport waiting for "THE" Blackberry that would restore my confidence. The KEYone was the phone that I'd been waiting for...or so I thought. After trying it out for 7 days and nights, I have given up on BB's. The KEYone's hands-free speaker has no volume, and the caller's voice can't even be heard in a car. The multiple screens have icons that are not well designed with their wording not spaced accurately. The interface and the 2 launchers are really confusing to me, the phone #'s of 2,000 contacts didn't transfer over using "Content Transfer", and those are just a few of my disappointments. I just watched an amazing one hour video on the iphone 7 Plus. It is so simple and intuitive, and reminds me of why I fell in love with BB's so many years ago...Alas, I wish you all well and hope to come back soon!
    xDAKx and isaiah99thompson like this.
    06-09-17 08:11 AM
    Sometimes a device does not meet the needs of the user. This is normal. I have heard a lot of negative things about the Priv but I am enjoying it. I have no doubt that I will enjoy the Keyone one day as well.

Good luck with your next purchase.
    06-09-17 08:32 AM
    Some people just aren't good with change.

Funny how watching a video made his decision lol.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah but everybody watched a video that made their decisions hence why people found interest in the beautiful K1 with the worst OS on it that now makes the phone hideous.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 08:32 AM
    Yeah but everybody watched a video that made their decisions hence why people found interest in the beautiful K1 with the worst OS on it that now makes the phone hideous.

Posted via CB10
    Hence running in to the very same problem when he can't transfer his contact or the phone gets full due to no micro SD or can't install certain app due to the restrictive nature of that ecosystem.
    It just works........the way they tell you it has to work.

Personally it took me a month to get used to the Passport and after three years we are still on our honeymoon lol

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 08:39 AM
    Ultimately this has been said already, but you've got to use what works best for you. In 2011 when the Bold 9900 was just not right for me (that EDoF camera, for starters...) I had to make the decision to head over to the iPhone 4s.

Personally, I think the KeyOne is great. It's not a BlackBerry 10 device. If you head into it with the proper expectation, and a healthy dose of patience to become acclimated to the new OS (or not new, for some) then I think most can switch without issue.

However, there will always be those for who this device isn't well suited towards, and that's totally okay. 👌
    06-09-17 08:41 AM
    Just for the record, I decided to return the K1 BEFORE watching the video. The hardware, especially the keyboard are the reasons I've been with BB's for all my adult life, but the interface and the software appears to have just been thrown together....in hoping than all we really cared about was the physical look, the hardware, and the legendary keyboard....anyway, to me, it's a reason to finally say goodbye to BB. The ifone video just reaffirmed that I had made the right decision...for me
    06-09-17 02:17 PM
    The interface is...android. If ya don't like android you won't like any new BlackBerry 😀
    06-09-17 02:20 PM
    All the unemployed fan-boys here think he's knocking the K1 or BB, and except for the speakerphone, he's not. He's saying he hates Android, and compared to iOS, in many ways, especially for the user that isn't sitting in his parents basement with disability checks paying for evertyhing, he doesn't have time to tinker and spend 2 days setting up. If iOS was available on the K1, the K1 might outsell the iPhone, but Android is the achilles heel, not K1.
    06-09-17 02:23 PM
    Mikelaca, I couldn't have said it better....maybe it is Android that bothered me so much....anyway, the past 2 days I've played with 2 friends iphones, both 7 Pluses. They are soooo easy to navigate and figure out. It reminds me of BB10 and earlier BB10 OS's.
    06-09-17 04:48 PM
26 12