I'm one of those that was lucky enough to get my KEYone from Amazon shipped next day and delivered May 31st. I noticed little bugs here and there and today it got really bad.

I noticed that my volume dropdown would sometimes just hang there on top and won't go away until I tap the volume keys.

Sometimes the Power key wouldn't respond. I'd have to hit it twice to get it to turn off.

Now the Power key doesn't respond at all. Weird thing is it will double tap to go to the camera. Pressing around the volume keys and power keys got it back working after mulitple tries.

Then it booted to the recovery menu where you use the volume keys to scroll an arrow up and down for BARCODE, FASTBOOT, RESTART, or TURN OFF. I noticed the arrow just kept scrolling down on it's own.

Long story short, it seems as if the hardware keys are stuck or malfunctioning. I doubt it's a software issue since it happened in that recovery/fastboot menu outside of the OS.

Looks like I'm going to have to return this to Amazon while I still can. Really dissapointed. Loved the battery life as it lasted me 2 full days of good usage. Got to love using a fingerprint scanner. Might have to wait for a price drop for this phone seeing all the issues and bad first impression on it's build quality.

Back to my Priv which has been pretty solid except for the battery life.
    06-11-17 09:05 PM
    I turned off my device to remove my sim and SD card.

Tried turning back on to factory reset the phone and it automatcially goes to this screen. The vol keys are stuck so the system goes to this menu with the arrow scrolling down on it's own.

Returning KEYone: Power / Volume keys malfunctioning-img_20170611_1916016.jpg
    06-11-17 09:20 PM
    That's no good. I would exchange the device for a new KEYone if I was having a problem with the hardware such as this.

The next thing I would do in this situation is seek out and acquire the BlackBerry KEYone OEM dual layer shell case and keep my new KEYone inside that case.

It protects all the way around and obviously protects those buttons too. If you don't like cases, then the replacement should just work anyway. All the buttons work perfectly on mine.

I have experience with many people who get new phones of various brand names and a lot have run into problems too. For example, a recent Samsung phone model had an explosive battery.
    06-12-17 12:39 AM
    That's no good. I would exchange the device for a new KEYone if I was having a problem with the hardware such as this.

The next thing I would do in this situation is seek out and acquire the BlackBerry KEYone OEM dual layer shell case and keep my new KEYone inside that case.

It protects all the way around and obviously protects those buttons too. If you don't like cases, then the replacement should just work anyway. All the buttons work perfectly on mine.

I have experience with many people who get new phones of various brand names and a lot have run into problems too. For example, a recent Samsung phone model had an explosive battery.
    I had a case on mine. The problem seemed to have gotten worse as I used it more.

I'll wait later for a price drop. Other little buggy things about this phone just all added up and now I'm just unsure of the build quality.

I have the following minor issues I could live with.

-wobbly sim tray
    -flick up from center keyboard for word suggestions not consistently responsive
    06-12-17 01:05 AM
    I had a case on mine. The problem seemed to have gotten worse as I used it more.

I'll wait later for a price drop. Other little buggy things about this phone just all added up and now I'm just unsure of the build quality.

I have the following minor issues I could live with.

-wobbly sim tray
    -flick up from center keyboard for word suggestions not consistently responsive
    Sorry to hear that. I've been using the flick typing. Works good on mine.

I hope you end up with something that works. I do believe if you were to exchange it, you'd probably end up happy.

Either way, best of luck.
    06-12-17 01:09 AM
    Sorry to hear that. I've been using the flick typing. Works good on mine.

I hope you end up with something that works. I do believe if you were to exchange it, you'd probably end up happy.

Either way, best of luck.
    I have extra cases and tempered glass protection coming too. Really disappointed.

but my priv and backup is working well. I might get another KEYone once demand calms. Don't really need a price drop just want a solid device.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-12-17 03:06 AM
    I have my Amazon return started.

But I've been playing with it and now it seems the buttons are fine. I even purposely mash them now and twist the phone around to get it to repeat what happened and it doesn't happen anymore.

The only thing I can think of was that some moisture got into the phone during a screen protector install. It was a wet film type. I taped off the top and bottm of the phone to prevent water from going in. I didn't POUR water on top of the phone. Just a fine mist on the protector before applying it to the screen. Then quickly wiping off any drops that got squeegeed out of the sides.

I do this for all my phones with no issues. Even on the Priv's curved screen. This is not my first install and I take all the necessary precautions.

Could it be the lack of adhesive along the side of of the screen let a bit of the water seep in and played with the contacts of the buttons? Could well be. I know the phone isn't IP rated for any kind of water resistance but still, I've never had any issues before as long as I don't let water drop into any speaker or mic holes.

Anyways, I'll leave the Amazon return open. I have until July 1st. I'm setting everything up again and using it for now unless this issue appears again. So far so good.
    06-13-17 06:47 PM
    Welcome to the wonderful world of "first adopters".... crappy when it happens to you.... but does happen..... when through 4 Iphone 6 in two months and 2 privs till I got it all straightened away... need to have a sense of humor... and remember... always keep the phone your replacing for at least 6 months... saves lots of aggravation in getting a loner phone... good luck...
    06-13-17 10:55 PM