Kinda defeats half the purpose of a K1, type your whole message, then have to leave the keyboard to press the screen like you are using a generic Xiaomi phone, no thanks. Anyone have any ideas on how to get Enter/Return to send a text message in the stock messaging app or another suggestion on leaving it but still maintaining hub integration for sms?
    06-09-17 02:58 PM
    Don't think it's doable. The stock messenger app is designed by Google and that isn't an option that they have.
    They just brought that ability to Allo a couple weeks ago.
    Hopefully they do make it an option soon, it would be nice. Makes for the smoother messaging for sure!
    06-09-17 03:02 PM
    Anyone have any ideas on how to get Enter/Return to send a text message in the stock messaging app or another suggestion on leaving it but still maintaining hub integration for sms?
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...g-hub-1111367/
    06-09-17 03:03 PM
    IMO if you are right handed this isn't a big deal really. The Send key is at the bottom right.
    06-10-17 08:34 AM
    Then why are you using the stock app? You're on android buddy. Find a new one. Yaata works great. Many others also offer this option.
    06-10-17 09:19 AM
    IMO if you are right handed this isn't a big deal really. The Send key is at the bottom right.
    yah but the whole purpose of the keyboard is to not go for the screen. That sort of defeats the purpose too. Shouldnt blackberry be able to change this. Unless the their claim that they customized the android os means just slapping a hub on it. BB also snoozed on details, as a software company.
    06-10-17 09:49 AM
    yah but the whole purpose of the keyboard is to not go for the screen. That sort of defeats the purpose too.
    In an ideal world, I agree with you. But this a mix DroidBerry, thus app consistency is pretty much guaranteed chaos on wild west Android.
    06-10-17 10:02 AM
    I get that. But they positioned it as building software for tcl - they did claim to spend a lot of time breaking down android and rebuilding it for security. Knowing they have a pkb, you would assume they will transfer over bb10 functions. Im not a programmer, although if they want to show off their software skills this should have been it. Then i dont know many they lost or got rid of majority of programmers.
    06-10-17 10:10 AM
    I was used to this on the Classic.

I have since downloaded Textra to try and really like it. There is a feature in the settings to send using the enter button as well.
    06-10-17 10:28 AM
    I was going to give Textra a shot, but then looked at all the permissions it required to install. No thanks. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a Blackberry in some ways.
    06-10-17 10:31 AM
    Kinda defeats half the purpose of a K1, type your whole message, then have to leave the keyboard to press the screen like you are using a generic Xiaomi phone, no thanks. Anyone have any ideas on how to get Enter/Return to send a text message in the stock messaging app or another suggestion on leaving it but still maintaining hub integration for sms?
    Well the stock messaging app isn't a BlackBerry App it's google's. Just use a different one, that's what android is all about. Textra SMS is far superior.
    06-10-17 10:33 AM
    I was going to give Textra a shot, but then looked at all the permissions it required to install. No thanks. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a Blackberry in some ways.
    All of these permissions are required for any other messaging app including google's?

Camera: in case you want to snap a photo and send it to a friend
    Contacts: Self Explanatory. The app needs to access your contact this so you can text people
    Microphone: For voice text. Can also be turned off manually if you don't use this.
    Phone: for dialing a contact straight from your conversation in textra.
    SMS: Self-explanatory
    Storage: for attaching pictures for MMS use

Return key doesn't send SMS Message in stock texting program.-7508.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	7508.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	424899
    Grabber5.0 and FF22 like this.
    06-10-17 10:38 AM
    It asks for Device and App history, Profile data, phone call log, Wifi network and the other devices connected to it, and call history which includes the numbers I have called. Does not interest me.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-10-17 10:53 AM
    I totally agree with this statement: Kinda defeats half the purpose of a K1, type your whole message, then have to leave the keyboard to press the screen like you are using a generic Xiaomi phone, no thanks. Anyone have any ideas on how to get Enter/Return to send a text message...........I cannot find the answer. Can we get the enter to send on text messages ?
    09-13-17 09:55 AM
    Can't be done for default Android Messages at this time. Which is why I've been using Textra. Yaata works fine too but I liked Textra a little better.
    09-13-17 10:09 AM
    Can't be done for default Android Messages at this time. Which is why I've been using Textra. Yaata works fine too but I liked Textra a little better.
    i agree, textra is great!
    09-13-17 05:35 PM
    That's the future of communication.

The end sum games of messaging. Where phone speak, texting, Internets of all things even your location at all times and thus a complete picture to you, multiplied to infinity meets into a singularity.

Unless one makes an effort to record him / herself, it'll know you better than even you.

Instant massaging power. Whose gonna build it first? Oreo? Get ready, it's coming.
    09-13-17 05:58 PM
    Textra all the way, very excellent app and has the return key as send.
    09-13-17 06:12 PM
    you have to use a third party app like textra where the return key is a checkable option on/off!
    09-13-17 06:38 PM
    In-line text message support in Hub....basically make Hub an SMS client. How hard or expensive can that possibly be?

Some might say 'pointless, you are on Android, download whatever app you want'. I say 'No, I am on BlackBerry, Android is only the platform'.

Yes, Textra behave 'as if' it was 'in-line' but its not the same, will always have a lag and is another app to manage by the already limited hardware.

Another related issue which is currently a known bug by the development team is sending an email using CTRL + Send shortcut; it only works when no image is embedded into the body of the email, weird but true and defeat the purpose of the shortcut altogether. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next update as this had been an open case for close to 3 month now.
    09-13-17 08:59 PM
    Yaata also behaves well with the HUB and has the option of sending using the return key.
    09-13-17 09:04 PM