When I tap on the empty space when in recent apps screen (Square button) on my PRIV it take me back to the home screen.

However this doesn't work on the KEYone? Anyone else have this problem?
    07-05-17 01:55 AM
    The circle is the home screen.
    07-05-17 02:16 AM
    The circle is the home screen.
    Yeah but you use to be able to access the home screen by tapping empty space on the screen in recent apps
    07-05-17 02:38 AM
    I've never had a PRIV so I don't know what it did. On the Keyone the circle is the home screen.
    07-05-17 03:16 AM
    As long as I know, recent apps is not an app like the launcher but some estrange build in android quite undocumented thing that is not really customizable not changeable. It is a pity because it could / should have swipe like BB10 and react to keyboard shortcuts.
    07-05-17 03:37 AM
    I've never had a PRIV so I don't know what it did. On the Keyone the circle is the home screen.
    Have a PRIV and a KEYᴼᴺᴱ
    circle is home screen for both.
    The difference is that square has different Nougat features that Marshmallow does not have.
    For example double tapping on square on KEYONE switches from 2 most recent opened apps. There are other features.
    Good luck
    07-05-17 03:45 AM
    Have a PRIV and a KEYᴼᴺᴱ
    circle is home screen for both.
    The difference is that square has different Nougat features that Marshmallow does not have.
    For example double tapping on square on KEYONE switches from 2 most recent opened apps. There are other features.
    Good luck
    I'm not even talking about that.

Go on your priv, press the square button, then press any part of the screen (besides an opened app) and it'll take you to the home screen.

Now try the same on your keyone.
    07-05-17 03:57 AM

Go on your priv, press the square button, then press any part of the screen (besides an opened app) and it'll take you to the home screen.

Welcome to Marshmallow and Nougat. They are different OS's

Good luck
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-05-17 04:17 AM

I can confirm this behaviour for the Priv. I don't know if it's a Blackberry Launcher thing or a Marshmallow thing. So I will try to check someone else's Marshmallow device to see if it behaves the same as the Priv. If it does, I would what you are experiencing may be an Android N thing.
    bendiep1991 likes this.
    07-05-17 07:11 AM
    I can confirm this behaviour for the Priv. I don't know if it's a Blackberry Launcher thing or a Marshmallow thing. So I will try to check someone else's Marshmallow device to see if it behaves the same as the Priv. If it does, I would what you are experiencing may be an Android N thing.
    Hopefully it's not, I always found that tiny shortcut so helpful
    07-05-17 07:16 AM

So what happens on a KEYone? On my Dtek50 it takes me back to the home screen. But the more logical action should be to take me back to the app I was in, if I just press the empty area. If I want to go back to the home screen, pressing the circle is the appropriate action.
    07-05-17 10:54 AM
    So what happens on a KEYone? On my Dtek50 it takes me back to the home screen. But the more logical action should be to take me back to the app I was in, if I just press the empty area. If I want to go back to the home screen, pressing the circle is the appropriate action.
    It does nothing on the keyone. You just stay in the recent app screen.

In my opinion it's more logical to goto the home screen because you're tapping on the background.
    07-05-17 11:10 AM
    It does nothing on the keyone. You just stay in the recent app screen.

In my opinion it's more logical to goto the home screen because you're tapping on the background.
    Hmm, I agree that would seem odd that it does nothing at all. I would prefer it to just go back to the app you were in.
    07-05-17 11:38 AM
    When I tap on the empty space when in recent apps screen (Square button) on my PRIV it take me back to the home screen.

However this doesn't work on the KEYone? Anyone else have this problem?
    I just tried double tapping the square box, it worked for me.
    07-05-17 11:44 AM
    It must be a Nougat thing.
    07-05-17 05:54 PM
    Whats the difference between tapping anywhere on the screen to tapping the circle? same ish same amount of time what's the difference?
    07-05-17 08:20 PM
    Whats the difference between tapping anywhere on the screen to tapping the circle? same ish same amount of time what's the difference?
    - Quicker if your finger is already there
    - Circle button is tiny
    - Comfort etc.
    07-05-17 10:18 PM
    Lol I was thinking the same. It's something you get used to it.
    - Quicker if your finger is already there
    - Circle button is tiny
    - Comfort etc.
    Its an Android feature from Nougat. If you love it then use it while you can. Once and if PRIV gets updated to Nougat, you'll miss it. I'd rather train myself before it's too late 😉
    07-05-17 11:08 PM
    Hopefully it's not, I always found that tiny shortcut so helpful
    Can't do that on my Pixel running android O. Must've been a customization for the bb launcher on the Priv. Nova launcher has some custom gestures which can all be set to the default page. Ie. Home. There are probably a lot of apps that allow various gestures to be added. But probably not also keeping the bb launcher active.
    07-05-17 11:18 PM
    Lol I was thinking the same. It's something you get used to it.

Its an Android feature from Nougat. If you love it then use it while you can. Once and if PRIV gets updated to Nougat, you'll miss it. I'd rather train myself before it's too late ������
    Thanks for the witty response, made my day.
    07-05-17 11:30 PM
    Can't do that on my Pixel running android O. Must've been a customization for the bb launcher on the Priv. Nova launcher has some custom gestures which can all be set to the default page. Ie. Home. There are probably a lot of apps that allow various gestures to be added. But probably not also keeping the bb launcher active.
    Oh bummer, I guess they did scrap it after marshmallow. Thanks!
    southlander likes this.
    07-05-17 11:31 PM