Because my original KEYone didn't survive its 10th crash anymore, tomorrow I'll have a replacement in the form of the KEYone Black Edition.

To the people who have experience with it: In which order do I proceed best with the backup?

I activated Google Backup and recently created a backup with the Content Transfer app. Additionally a WhatsApp backup - but I'm not sure about that.

Is there a certain procedure? Not that contacts and apps are duplicated at the end or something similar.

Would be very happy about tips.
    04-10-19 02:03 PM
    Is there a certain procedure? Not that contacts and apps are duplicated at the end or something similar.
    To ensure that, you should decide on which back up you're going to use. The Google one of the Content Transfer one. When you sign in, your new device will ask if you want to restore from the Google one assuming you use the same account. I personally suggest that, because Content Transfer is just a plain trash app that should be used as a last resort as it tends to cause more problems than it's worth. As for WhatsApp, the instructions are here for restoring - https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/android/20887921
    Quantenhorst and Crusader03 like this.
    04-10-19 02:20 PM
    Is there anything the Content Transfer app covers that Google Backup doesn't? Or is Google Backup pretty much complete?
    04-10-19 02:22 PM
    Is there anything the Content Transfer app covers that Google Backup doesn't? Or is Google Backup pretty much complete?
    None of them are 'complete'. No matter what you choose, you're still going to be entering passwords and have data missing.

Google:

- Google Contacts data
    - Call history
    - Contacts
    - SMS on Oreo+
    - Google Calendar events and settings
    - Wi-Fi networks and passwords
    - Wallpapers
    - Gmail settings
    - Apps
    - Display settings (brightness and sleep)
    - Language and input settings
    - Date and time
    - Photos and Videos (Handled by Google Play Photos)
    - Settings and data for apps not made by Google (varies by app - none of the BlackBerry app data will be captured because they don't use Google's backup offerings)

Content Transfer:

- Contacts
    - Calendar events
    - Pictures (non-DRM)
    - Videos (non-DRM)
    - Music
    - Text messages (SMS) (Max of 3500 messages)
    - Documents
    - Email accounts: BlackBerry Content Transfer detects the accounts on your previous device and prompts you to enter the passwords for each account on your new device.
    04-10-19 02:32 PM
    Key is to look at each app you use and see if it has it's own backup features, and use that.

Password Keeper was the one I forgot sometimes... but I always saved the data to a folder OneDrive backed up.
    04-10-19 02:56 PM
    What's the difference between 'Contacts' and 'Google Contacts data'? I believe I only had local contacts - so are they stored via Google Backup as well? Don't have any data in my Google Contacts.

And if not, are local contacts stored via Content Transfer app?
    04-11-19 06:28 AM
    OK, I understand Google backs up their stuff if you have it set, and I can use the content transfer for Blackberry specific stuff....I have done both, but only the google backup shows in Drive. Would I only be able to recover the stuff from content transfer when I access to transfer to a new phone? Does one backup replace the other? Thanks!!
    05-13-19 02:36 PM