Obviously, like any PC a restart every once in a while brings back some lost performance! The case is no different than with smartphones, however there are devices, like PC's that allow you to close applications that are running in the background and hogging memory down.

Closing Recent applications is not quite the same in Android; I was wondering if anyone knows a way to clear RAM and close applications in Android, specifically in KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

My Galaxy S7 had an easy way of managing RAM which allowed just that. It prevented a daily restart; the device would run as efficiently as after a fresh restart for a whole week!
    06-12-17 04:03 PM
    Closing Recent applications is not quite the same in Android; I was wondering if anyone knows a way to clear RAM and close applications in Android, specifically in KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    Avoid them. They're snake oil. There's nothing they do that you can't do yourself. Why no one ever sees the problem with downloading an app (which uses RAM) to clear RAM, baffles me. Nougat has its own RAM management system, just let it work.
    06-12-17 05:02 PM
    Avoid what? I am not looking for an app. I am looking for a way to clear tasks and processes that run in the background and hog RAM. Essentially, I am trying to avoid a restart as soon as my phone becomes slow to respond, something I used to be able to do natively on my Galaxy S7.

I have no problem with Nougat handling it for me but it doesn't seem to be doing a very good job at times as restart is inevitable.
    06-12-17 05:20 PM
    Avoid them. They're snake oil. There's nothing they do that you can't do yourself. Why no one ever sees the problem with downloading an app (which uses RAM) to clear RAM, baffles me. Nougat has its own RAM management system, just let it work.
    What is Nougut's App shutdown?
    06-12-17 05:36 PM
    What is Nougut's App shutdown?
    Doze and App Standby

https://developer.android.com/traini...e-standby.html
    06-12-17 05:40 PM
    It supposedly automatically shut down unused applications but then again, if it works then why doesn't my KEYᵒⁿᵉ become so unresponsive at times? What is hogging memory and how can I narrow it down?

I have zero issues after re-start. It only starts happening after prolong heavy use. Nothing different than the robust Galaxy S7 only as I mentioned I could natively simply clear running apps and everything went back to normal instead of performing a full restart.
    06-12-17 05:42 PM
    Are you talking about something like clear all?

06-12-17 06:21 PM
    Doze, app standby and greenify work together flawlessly.
    06-12-17 06:29 PM
    Are you talking about something like clear all?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ba73dee856.jpg
    Yes I do.
    06-12-17 08:25 PM
    Yes I do.
    You can't find it? On my phone I have to pull the open apps down to see it.
    06-12-17 08:34 PM
    You can't find it? On my phone I have to pull the open apps down to see it.
    Sorry, that's not it. That 'clear' button simply clears all open notifications.

I am referring to open applications that are running in the background.

Greenify might work just fine!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-12-17 08:40 PM