TCL you are not making cookies! "first batch" what kind of BS statement is that?
    David Macdonald likes this.
    07-25-17 06:25 PM
    I think it's heat rather than impact.
    As an individual with 3 KEYones on my desk and in AZ with 110+ heat, I assure you, heat is not it lol. I have no display issues on any of them.
    07-25-17 06:57 PM
    Okay you are joking right?
    Maybe not. It's better if your screen lifted within the warranty period, that will be much trouble if it's not. So if you love the phone, stick with it until very last moment of your warranty period, then lift the screen and go for full refund to buy the next key2 if it's already exist.
    07-25-17 08:59 PM
    Maybe not. It's better if your screen lifted within the warranty period, that will be much trouble if it's not. So if you love the phone, stick with it until very last moment of your warranty period, then lift the screen and go for full refund to buy the next key2 if it's already exist.
    And you will probably do this as well...
    Attached Thumbnails Response from TCL via Amazon-554808056689ea32d75a333f0b919792.jpg  
    erinsteadman likes this.
    07-25-17 09:16 PM
    And you will probably do this as well...
    Nope. It's idiotic.
    07-25-17 09:19 PM
    So no moral doubts about playing it that way? The problem with such tactics, is that if plenty of people do this, you'll only raise the prices of the next device. Same for people who pay extra for insurance and happen to "accidentally" drop it in the final month of insurance... the insurance companies will just incorporate it in a higher price.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-17 11:20 PM
    As an individual with 3 KEYones on my desk and in AZ with 110+ heat, I assure you, heat is not it lol. I have no display issues on any of them.
    I'm very happy for you and long may it continue that way.

Do you have AC in you office? Is the office at 110degF?
    07-26-17 12:48 AM
    So no moral doubts about playing it that way? The problem with such tactics, is that if plenty of people do this, you'll only raise the prices of the next device.
    Yeah, moral is absolutely zero. But let see how bbmo play this, they don't even tell you the different between the olds and improved ones, it's their strategy to keep getting profit from available old devices that still have vulnerable popscreen. If it happens to yours, no guarantee that you'll get the new improved ones as replacement.

Same for people who pay extra for insurance and happen to "accidentally" drop it in the final month of insurance... the insurance companies will just incorporate it in a higher price.
    Posted via CB10
    Be realistic, if the next is too overprice, don't buy option is still there.
    07-26-17 07:47 AM
    Yeah, moral is absolutely zero. But let see how bbmo play this, they don't even tell you the different between the olds and improved ones, it's their strategy to keep getting profit from available old devices that still have vulnerable popscreen. If it happens to yours, no guarantee that you'll get the new improved ones as replacement.

Be realistic, if the next is too overprice, don't buy option is still there.
    I get what you are saying about BlackBerry Mobile being publicly vague about whether any replacement has the updated version UNLESS you believe their message as quoted in the original post of this topic. But it doesn't make it right to intentionally break a device to claim warranty.

Even if you won't buy a next one because they overpriced it (because people intentionally break their devices at the end of warranty), what about the other people who want to purchase it (and didn't intentionally break their device)? To me, your proposal is very egocentric.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-17 08:29 AM
    AC everywhere lol. You need it. And no, but it would be pretty damn close without AC. Going outside for any amount of time or starting up the truck is HOT!
    scott8629 likes this.
    07-26-17 12:34 PM
    BBM, look like you got new breed of customer after BB switch to the droid -Moral zero type... (never see that in the open on BB10 or BBOS... might be prosumer vs consumer thing, or business phone does not need to worry about phone that is paid by company, however, as personal out of pocket cash, the chaps will go extra length to gaming the BB/BBM... Sad... Better get out of the consumer market in a hurry - or find out (based on the FA data - the screen lift look like got brittle fracture at adhesive, the hot gun induced failure got ductile - plastic/gummy fracture, or smooth (melt back) surface rather than match up two side fracture... you can either denite replacement - customer abuse, or documended internally where those chaps from (geolocation), and reduce the supply for that location where Moral zero types are highly populated - I believe it could have very distinquish correlation...) IMHO.
    07-26-17 12:35 PM
    So no moral doubts about playing it that way? The problem with such tactics, is that if plenty of people do this, you'll only raise the prices of the next device. Same for people who pay extra for insurance and happen to "accidentally" drop it in the final month of insurance... the insurance companies will just incorporate it in a higher price.

Posted via CB10
    I'd say BBMobile brought this upon themselves by not being transparent with what's going on. Just do a recall or extend the warranty on a range of serial numbers or purchase dates. This is not a budget phone. This is a phone priced at a premium and hyped up to be built like a tank.

I myself can't be bothered to do such things. I won't even bother with a warranty claim cuz I just don't like the hassle of the back and forth. If I can't do a refund from Amazon (where I would exclusively buy such items), I'd take precautions like my oversized wrap around screen protector.

But as for others..... well that's up to them.
    07-26-17 01:40 PM
    I'm very happy for you and long may it continue that way.

Of course, and he teleports from air conditioned place to air conditioned place as well.
    07-26-17 04:16 PM
    he could use a heat gun or a Oven set to 55c
    07-26-17 09:35 PM
    Of course, and he teleports from air conditioned place to air conditioned place as well.
    Time will tell guys. More reports daily just on these forums. What it's like in the wild is anybodies guess.
    07-26-17 10:53 PM
    After two months of use my Keyone screen just fell off.
    Now held on with a rubber band... sexy!! iphone users laughing...
    Good luck guys.. Keyone is great but the screen issue has really saddend me.
    Oh and getting any kind of meaningful or caring response from TCL or BB has been impossible....
    07-30-17 07:30 AM
    After two months of use my Keyone screen just fell off.
    Now held on with a rubber band... sexy!! iphone users laughing...
    Good luck guys.. Keyone is great but the screen issue has really saddend me.
    Oh and getting any kind of meaningful or caring response from TCL or BB has been impossible....
    Why don't you contact the shop where you bought it? And did you register your KEYone in the support center for e-warranty?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-17 08:20 AM
    Yes I have warranty.
    The kid in the shop said they would send it away for a repair or replace which may take two weeks. During which time I would be given a complimentary dumbphone... nice.
    When I spend £500 on something from the UK launch retailer (Carphone warehouse) and it falls into a batch of handsets with a KNOWN and admitted manufacturing defect I expect a no quibble exchange on the day or by courier.
    This is marketed as a business phone for business users, we cant be without it for two weeks, anyway thats an appaling attitude in the face of a known fault.

The point is, if TCL, Blackberry, and Carphone Warehouse now know and admit 'some' of these handsets are faulty then an immediate replacement policy should be in place.

I've had it for 2 months, I LOVED it, (Im BB loyal since the 1990's) but last week it just fell apart in my hand. Well... its going to be VERY interesting to see if in another 2 months the USA, Canada, and ROW users suddenly start having the same screen issues.....
    07-30-17 10:00 AM
    I am going to wait and see if this new batch holds up before I purchase another Keyone again. I only had mine for 2 days before my screen popped off.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-17 10:08 AM
    Yes I have warranty.
    The kid in the shop said they would send it away for a repair or replace which may take two weeks. During which time I would be given a complimentary dumbphone... nice.
    When I spend £500 on something from the UK launch retailer (Carphone warehouse) and it falls into a batch of handsets with a KNOWN and admitted manufacturing defect I expect a no quibble exchange on the day or by courier.
    This is marketed as a business phone for business users, we cant be without it for two weeks, anyway thats an appaling attitude in the face of a known fault.

The point is, if TCL, Blackberry, and Carphone Warehouse now know and admit 'some' of these handsets are faulty then an immediate replacement policy should be in place.

I've had it for 2 months, I LOVED it, (Im BB loyal since the 1990's) but last week it just fell apart in my hand. Well... its going to be VERY interesting to see if in another 2 months the USA, Canada, and ROW users suddenly start having the same screen issues.....
    Wasn't Selfridges the UK launch retailer and not Carphone Warehouse? But that's just an irrelevant detail.

But hey at least they offer you a replacement right? Or do they have other units in store that they just won't give you? I hope it comes to a satisfying conclusion soon for you.
    07-30-17 03:09 PM
45 12