Didn't have to for me
    09-11-17 10:01 PM
    Didn't have to for me
    Excellent thanks
    09-11-17 10:14 PM
    Hi FYI for T-Mobile folks using an unlocked Blackberry BBB100-1 purchased direct from Blackberry:
    To get the AAO472 update go to your "Updates" app in you app pages, open Updates, then get the AAO472 update.

If you don't see an update available (says you have the latest update and it's lower than AAO472) then:

tap on the three dots at the upper right corner (settings)

tap on "settings" white dialog box at upper right corner (settings)

tap on "automatically update apps"

tap on "Using Wi-Fi & cellular data might cost you money"

tap on arrow "back" in upper left corner (takes you back to main "update" screen).

Now you should see AAO472 available - tap on orangy big bar at bottom to apply OTA update.

Just tested with the new AAO472 and it WORKS WITH NOTIFICATIONS LIKE A CHARM!
    bjones7134 likes this.
    09-12-17 10:52 AM
    NOTE: I also tried the "Battery Doctor" workaround that was mentioned related to this at Crackberry so I have to include some additional around that below.

I decided to keep the Battery Doctor even after AAO472 cause it seems kinda handy. In that app, if you have it, you can choose which apps will get push notifications as follows:

Tap 3 dots at upper right corner (opens settings)

Tap "Notification Cleaner"

Tap little "gear" settings icon in upper right

Turn notification cleaner "OFF" if you want ALL apps to get push notifications

If you want to CHOOSE which apps get push notifications, then leave notifcation cleaner "ON"

and then use the sliders to set the notification cleaner to "OFF" for the apps that you WANT to GET push notifications.

In my case, I slid the slider to "OFF" position for my OnPage app and now I am getting Push notifications perfectly whether or not OnPage is open, and across reboots of the phone transparently all working perfectly.
    09-12-17 10:54 AM
    Anybody with a BBB100-2 device with AAN358 or someone with a BBB100-1 and AAN517 willing to test a new update method? You'll maybe lose all your data, so everything in post #1 still applies. Or maybe it doesn't work at all and nothing will change. Or it'll work just fine and the phone updates like with any normal OTA update and still has all data afterwards.
    Last edited by mbirth; 09-13-17 at 10:46 AM.
    thurask likes this.
    09-12-17 07:32 PM
    Anybody with a BBB100-2 device with AAN358 or someone with a BBB100-1 and AAN517 willing to test a new update method? You'll probably lose all your data, so everything in post #1 still applies. Or maybe it doesn't work at all and nothing will change.
    A BBB100-1 with AAN355 would also work.

As would a BBB100-4/5 with AAM999 or AAO273, or a BBB100-6 with AAN358 or AAM625, but I haven't seen any of those in the wild.
    09-12-17 07:36 PM
    hmm so based on a previous post in this thread for the Mac instructions. The security pin needs to be removed. However the IT policy on my devices forces this. Can someone confirm the this can be done without removing the pin?

I am in IT and have full access to the Bes12 server so I can remove the work policy from the phone but would prefer to skip that if its not necessary.
    09-14-17 01:11 PM
    One could try making a hybrid autoloader; boot.img and recovery.img from AAN596 (plus their respective AT&T signatures), every other file from AAO472. I don't know if it would work, but I guess it's worth a shot for someone to try with an AT&T KEYone. The same could be done with the boot, recovery and signature files from AAN982 for the Sprint KEYone, but I don't have those handy.
    I finally got around to giving this a try, but unfortunately it doesn't work. The device won't boot and just has a solid green light. I was able to resolve using the mobile update tool.
    09-14-17 02:33 PM
    Okay, there's an even easier method to install OTAs. No download required, no data loss, not PC connection. Easy as pie. If you have a BBB100-1 or -2 and are on a pre-September version and like to try it out, msg me.
    thurask likes this.
    09-14-17 06:40 PM
    Okay, there's an even easier method to install OTAs. No download required, no data loss, not PC connection. Easy as pie. If you have a BBB100-1 or -2 and are on a pre-September version and like to try it out, msg me.
    I take it you've tested it?
    09-14-17 06:48 PM
    I take it you've tested it?
    Check your gmail.
    thurask likes this.
    09-14-17 06:51 PM
    Check your gmail.
    Lovely.
    09-14-17 06:55 PM
    I have a -2 but already jumped on the autoloader. next one
    09-14-17 09:22 PM
    Does this include the AT&T model?
    09-14-17 09:43 PM
    Does this include the AT&T model?
    Unfortunately, no.
    09-14-17 10:04 PM
    Unfortunately, no.
    Ah, well, I'm back to using my unlocked silver model with the latest update until the AT&T update is released.
    09-14-17 11:58 PM
    Hi,
    BBB100-2 Was this update for European devices published as OTA?
    09-15-17 12:23 AM
    Lovely.
    Would be willing to test if needed.
    09-15-17 01:06 PM
    Would be willing to test if needed.
    This method requires the existence of an OTA patch file from one version, to another version, for a variant; since I know you have an unlocked CDMA KEYone, there's no OTA patch files for you just yet, and once the rumored update for CDMA KEYones gets released (sometime this month, I think) the delta would only exist for AAL093 to whatever the build is. You'd have to autoload AAL093 to use this method, then, but if you were wiping your phone anyway you might as well use the mobile upgrade tool to get the autoloader for the new OS once that comes down.
    jcrutchvt2010 likes this.
    09-15-17 01:12 PM
    This method requires the existence of an OTA patch file from one version, to another version, for a variant; since I know you have an unlocked CDMA KEYone, there's no OTA patch files for you just yet, and once the rumored update for CDMA KEYones gets released (sometime this month, I think) the delta would only exist for AAL093 to whatever the build is. You'd have to autoload AAL093 to use this method, then, but if you were wiping your phone anyway you might as well use the mobile upgrade tool to get the autoloader for the new OS once that comes down.
    I am waiting with AAL093 that I set up with autoloader. Will I get an OTA update?
    09-15-17 01:19 PM
    I am waiting with AAL093 that I set up with autoloader. Will I get an OTA update?
    If you're not on an unlocked BBB100-3, probably not. You'll have to reload to something supported.
    09-15-17 01:20 PM
    If you're not on an unlocked BBB100-3, probably not. You'll have to reload to something supported.
    I use the non-locked BBB100-2. European device. Is OTA distributed for this?
    Thanks @thurask
    09-15-17 01:24 PM
    Thanks @thurask
    Yes, BBB100-2 can be updated.
    09-15-17 01:28 PM
    Thanks @thurask
    If you're coming from AAL093 you'll need to update to a couple intermediate versions (AAL093 -> AAM481 -> AAN358 -> AAO472) before getting AAO472 completely OTA. I think it's easier to download the AAO472 autoloader and remove the lines that wipe the phone and overwrite the userdata partition, frankly.
    09-15-17 01:29 PM
    Now that I've successfully tested the method with a few people from here (thanks for that!!), I've written down the necessary information here:

BlackBerry KEYone OTA updates for different variants :: wiki.mbirth.de
    thurask likes this.
    09-15-17 05:26 PM
120 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD