FYI, CDMA owners AAM is working for me just modify the flashall script to flash USA modem, devcfg.mbn, and oem_common to be safe. I have had token issues so the flash all script as-is couldn't validate the loader so I took out that check. The full script I used is available in the keyone upgrade tool thread.
    I wasn't able to run the batch script on my system either. As far as I can tell, the cmd.exe interpreter didn't like the "2^>^&1" bit. Normally, on a Linux shell, that would just be "2>&1" to redirect stderr into stdout. That entire line, run directly in cmd.exe without the carets executes fine.

But run as part of the batch script, it will not execute properly and fails the loader check because the findstr command comes back empty. If I remove the carets from the batch script, it throws a syntax error, so those carets are acting as some kind of character escape sequence, but only from within the script. I'll have to read up on my batch scripting later on to see what the deal is with those.

Meanwhile, most of that script is just detection logic to set up a few variables to point to the correct files to flash to the phone. IMHO, it can probably be rewritten a lot better. For now, I've expanded the variables manually and can just execute the 'fastboot flash' commands directly.

Also of note, although I am on AAM481 now, the Updates app reports that I am on the latest release. Is it possible that BBM has now pulled the AAN355 build as well? They really might want to consider setting up a beta program for us adventurous types out there to find and report these bugs before they end up torching the bulk of their end users.
    08-06-17 11:59 AM
    Meanwhile, most of that script is just detection logic to set up a few variables to point to the correct files to flash to the phone. IMHO, it can probably be rewritten a lot better. For now, I've expanded the variables manually and can just execute the 'fastboot flash' commands directly.
    The original BlackBerry batch file on the left, my half-arsed edit on the right: https://www.diffchecker.com/jBU5y5wx

I should rewrite the whole thing in Python, but alas.
    08-06-17 12:30 PM
    The original BlackBerry batch file on the left, my half-arsed edit on the right: https://www.diffchecker.com/jBU5y5wx

I should rewrite the whole thing in Python, but alas.
    That's actually a good clean-up, especially the bottom part where you moved the conditional to come before the actual flash commands. Else, there's a possibility that it gets most of the way through the flashing, trips the error branch of the conditional up, and then aborts the script, leaving a phone in a potentially-unusable state. Not sure what the original author of that script was thinking...

Python wouldn't be bad. Trivially easy, actually. Just the Windows folks would have to go and install one of the Python versions to make it executable (and sometimes, Python on Windows likes to put up a fight).
    08-06-17 12:45 PM
    Python wouldn't be bad. Trivially easy, actually. Just the Windows folks would have to go and install one of the Python versions to make it executable (and sometimes, Python on Windows likes to put up a fight).
    I guess.
    08-06-17 02:18 PM
    now this would be great of there was an option for a full backup.

Just like the days of Blackberry OS 10 leaks.

alas if there's no full local backup option it'll be too much trouble!
    08-06-17 02:22 PM
    now this would be great of there was an option for a full backup.

Just like the days of Blackberry OS 10 leaks.

alas if there's no full local backup option it'll be too much trouble!
    Frankly, full local back-ups were poison anyway.
    08-06-17 02:29 PM
    Code:
    def goodbye():
        smeg = input("Press Enter to exit")
        if smeg or not smeg:
            raise SystemExit
    Lister would be proud :)

Now, would anyone like some toast?
    08-06-17 05:12 PM
    08-06-17 05:13 PM
33 12