Are replacement parts available for the keyone yet?

I "found" the camera lens was smashed/cracked after my drive home from work (phone had been in my pocket the whole time)

Just picked out all the glass for the time being - looks like an easy fix as the lens was held with adhesive.

Thanks!
    Bee Gee likes this.
    06-13-17 05:11 PM
    I just discovered the same issue! Never dropped this phone. Sounds like a defect since I am seeing others with this issue on the forums. I have contacted BBMobile. Let's see if they do the right thing.
    06-17-17 03:56 AM
    You two different from that other user who posted a picture?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-17 06:13 AM
    06-17-17 08:07 AM
    This phone is a lemon in a box... I bet they put the lens in with too much passive force on the glass so it shatters easily.
    06-17-17 08:30 AM
    Well, blackberry support replied. Told me it was down to physical damage and not covered under warranty.
    They also told me the repair cost cannot be quoted for until the repair is done! Nice.

Just send me a piece of self adhesive glass, I will even pay for it.

Shame, had high hopes for this device, have a feeling it will be my last blackberry.
    06-17-17 10:08 AM
    Well, blackberry support replied. Told me it was down to physical damage and not covered under warranty.
    They also told me the repair cost cannot be quoted for until the repair is done! Nice.

Shame, had high hopes for this device, have a feeling it will be my last blackberry.
    Feel bad for you. This whole situation looks worse and worse every day.
    06-17-17 10:15 AM

that's not good....First negative response from TCL....Starting to looks like Samsung

Also there is another thread on this issue....
    06-17-17 10:17 AM
    actually this happened to a dtek60 user at launch loll

the man gently placed his phone onto his table and the camera glass shattered.

nobody believed him though they said he placed it too forcefully...
    bmaf likes this.
    06-17-17 10:28 AM

Wow. Can't blame them though as the glass just cracking by itself is difficult to believe.

But I believe it. Most people break their screens or back plate (if it's glass) from drops. Not too common to shatter your camera unless it was an force specifically directed towards it.

So I hope you are returning it if you can. If you cannot return it them damn I am sorry you got screwed man!

But yes, I'd find it hard to expect them to see this as a defect.
    06-17-17 10:32 AM
    But yes, I'd find it hard to expect them to see this as a defect.
    yes, but he is not the only one
    06-17-17 10:34 AM
    Very sympathetic responses, thanks.
    If this is a common issue then hopefully aftermarket replacement glass will turn up on eBay.

To be honest, if I was the manufacturer I would put it down to physical damage, but hopefully it will get raised as a common issue. At least my screen is still in place (touch wood)!
    06-17-17 11:58 AM
    when and where did you guys buy your devices?
    06-17-17 02:05 PM
    when and where did you guys buy your devices?
    Carphone warehouse. UK 23rd May.
    06-17-17 02:07 PM
    I am sure all of us can show that the back of the phone has no ding or other evidence that the device was dropped. Obviously they used a part that can not stand up to being place on a table top or stored in an empty pocket. If they will not stand by such a small(for them) issue, then BB as we knew it IS actually gone. My loyalty will end. Bold X2, Passport, Priv, Passport SE, DTEK 60 and now my (final?) purchase, KeyOne.
    06-18-17 04:39 AM

Insurance would have covered this damage.
    06-18-17 04:41 AM
    Insurance is always a waste of money. you can save the money instead and get a new phone.

Regardless.

This is surprisingly common. I have an LG G6 that is actually quite a nice device. But it does have an issue with the back camera glass spontaneously shattering.

Has to do with temperature changes, different types of glass being used, tolerances, etc.

The Keyone camera is encased in a metal ring. Metal and glass have different rates of expansion and contraction.

If a tolerance on a device happens to be too tight, the glass might expand are a different rate than the metal and shatter.

It's almost impossible to prove it wasn't physical damage, except in cases where many devices suffer from this (design flaw).

But it does happen. It's often not the user's fault, and speaks to the lack of care and low attention to detail that was put on the keyone.

Basically the Keyone is kind of a pile of trash. And if all of the issues with it haven't soured anyone from it yet, then I'm sure other issues will come up.

And no, I don't care your device is perfect and has no problems. It's only a matter of time.
    mithrazor and evodevo69 like this.
    06-18-17 04:58 AM
    Insurance is always a waste of money. you can save the money instead and get a new phone.

Regardless.

This is surprisingly common. I have an LG G6 that is actually quite a nice device. But it does have an issue with the back camera glass spontaneously shattering.

Has to do with temperature changes, different types of glass being used, tolerances, etc.

The Keyone camera is encased in a metal ring. Metal and glass have different rates of expansion and contraction.

If a tolerance on a device happens to be too tight, the glass might expand are a different rate than the metal and shatter.

It's almost impossible to prove it wasn't physical damage, except in cases where many devices suffer from this (design flaw).

But it does happen. It's often not the user's fault, and speaks to the lack of care and low attention to detail that was put on the keyone.

Basically the Keyone is kind of a pile of trash. And if all of the issues with it haven't soured anyone from it yet, then I'm sure other issues will come up.

And no, I don't care your device is perfect and has no problems. It's only a matter of time.
    Damn so the G6 too eh - any other issues with it?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-17 06:26 AM
    I have a Passport. I used it always in my jeans front pocket and there is enough push to the front and the back when I'm bicking. In three years no problems lucky me
    Last edited by whatsever; 07-01-17 at 01:08 PM.
    06-18-17 06:32 AM
    Damn so the G6 too eh - any other issues with it?

Posted via CB10
    Well, not personally. But unlike people here who say "mine is perfect so everyone else is doing it wrong", I'm aware of then issues.

Personally, I'm getting great battery life and the device is nice and smooth.

But people have issues with low battery life, and the camera glass exploding.

Other than that I haven't heard any major criticisms,

Still too early to tell if it will suffer from the dreaded bootloop.

BUT if the issue with bootlooping was caused by heat, then the G6 has copper pipe cooling, and at least mine hasn't ever gotten really hot.

Your mileage may vary, but I'm surprisingly liking it a lot more than i thought I would.
    06-18-17 08:19 AM
    Very sympathetic responses, thanks.
    If this is a common issue then hopefully aftermarket replacement glass will turn up on eBay.

To be honest, if I was the manufacturer I would put it down to physical damage, but hopefully it will get raised as a common issue. At least my screen is still in place (touch wood)!
    Martin Fields sold a screen protector for the Priv that also contained two small round pieces to protect the camera lens. Or maybe one of those screen protector kiosks might be able to custom fit one?

Good luck.
    06-18-17 02:17 PM
    Just as an update on this;

I replied to customer services stating that the phone was not damaged or dropped in any way and was kept secure (my word against thiers I guess).
    I asked if anyone else had reported the issue and if it was common - like the lifting displays.
    I also asked if they could send out a replacement lens if it was paid for.

They responded again by telling me it was physical damage and to send to them for a repair, again with no idea on cost.
    Parts could not be sent to the customer
    Cant cost that much to stick on a new piece of self-adhesive glass can it?

At this moment I have asked them to progress a repair and to send me the details.
    Really goes against what I would usually do as I know im going to be charged a small fortune for something cheap and the fact I will be without my phone for god knows how long!
    06-21-17 07:05 AM
    Just as an update on this;

I replied to customer services stating that the phone was not damaged or dropped in any way and was kept secure (my word against thiers I guess).
    I asked if anyone else had reported the issue and if it was common - like the lifting displays.
    I also asked if they could send out a replacement lens if it was paid for.

They responded again by telling me it was physical damage and to send to them for a repair, again with no idea on cost.
    Parts could not be sent to the customer
    Cant cost that much to stick on a new piece of self-adhesive glass can it?

At this moment I have asked them to progress a repair and to send me the details.
    Really goes against what I would usually do as I know im going to be charged a small fortune for something cheap and the fact I will be without my phone for god knows how long!
    Sending the phone there and back will cost more than if they sent you the part. Not mentioning the cost of the "repair". And you'll be phoneless. That doesn't sound good. Please, keep us updated on further steps and costs.
    bmaf likes this.
    06-21-17 07:18 AM
    I now have an RMA number and postage label.
    Really reluctant to send the phone away, I know its going to cost an arm and a leg for them to stick a piece of glass on.

Split between two minds - do cancel the RMA and hope replacement glass becomes readily available (could be months I guess)
    Or send the phone away and get bent over for the repair cost.

The email is really badly worded too - sounds half like a 419 scam email!
    06-21-17 02:52 PM
    My brother has just told me his front camera lens has shattered. Will try and get pics and upload. That's worrying as I bought both of ours together
    06-22-17 04:58 AM
79 123 ...