Does anyone have a good source for a replacement battery?

My KEYone slipped off the table where I was cleaning it (with the back off), and the battery lead tore when everything hit the floor.

The rest of the phone is completely fine, and it's an easy repair. I'm just not having luck finding replacement batteries that aren't a bit sketchy looking.
    04-25-18 11:39 AM
    Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. But I am curious: why were you cleaning your phone with the back removed??
    04-25-18 12:47 PM
    Does anyone have a good source for a replacement battery?

My KEYone slipped off the table where I was cleaning it (with the back off), and the battery lead tore when everything hit the floor.

The rest of the phone is completely fine, and it's an easy repair. I'm just not having luck finding replacement batteries that aren't a bit sketchy looking.
    Best bet would be to look for a for-parts KEYone that has broken components so you can salvage the battery (and whatever other parts work) for yours.
    anon(4297019) likes this.
    04-25-18 04:17 PM
    Best bet would be to look for a for-parts KEYone that has broken components so you can salvage the battery (and whatever other parts work) for yours.
    It might be best to use the donor phone without removing the battery but just replace the other internals from your old phone (if possible). From what Ive seen the battery is really glued in well.
    04-25-18 04:59 PM
    i am with edietel on this. why you try to clean K1 with back door off? what kind of dirt got into it? it might be cheaper to contact BBMo repair house to get it properly repaired. IMHO. (BB battery used to have smart MGR system, you don't want any counterfeit).
    04-25-18 05:00 PM
    It might be best to use the donor phone without removing the battery but just replace the other internals from your old phone (if possible). From what Ive seen the battery is really glued in well.
    Should still be possible with enough heat and patience. Also, removing the battery is necessary to remove the keyboard apparently, which is a valuable part.
    04-26-18 01:42 AM
    Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. But I am curious: why were you cleaning your phone with the back removed??
    It's the manufacturing environment I'm in currently. Sandblasting and grinding processes produce these superfine steel particles that seem to eventually make their way into everything. The back is a good fit, but not tight enough to keep everything out.
    04-26-18 11:18 AM
    Yep, I think you're right. This seems to be the only sure way to get some of the OE parts right now. Need to find and hold onto donor phones.
    04-26-18 11:23 AM
    Really? The battery wasn't glued in on this one. Kinda wish it was, since that would have saved the lead from tearing. I'm considering using an adhesive when I do get the replacement battery.
    04-26-18 11:29 AM
    It's the manufacturing environment I'm in currently. Sandblasting and grinding processes produce these superfine steel particles that seem to eventually make their way into everything. The back is a good fit, but not tight enough to keep everything out.
    That...is a good answer.
    04-26-18 11:44 AM
    i am with edietel on this. why you try to clean K1 with back door off? what kind of dirt got into it? it might be cheaper to contact BBMo repair house to get it properly repaired. IMHO. (BB battery used to have smart MGR system, you don't want any counterfeit).
    Now that I've had it apart, I love it even more. This phone appears to actually be built in a serviceable way. If parts were available, I could see keeping one phone going for years.

Ebay has batteries that look identical, sans BB symbol: https://m.ebay.ca/itm/New-Original-B...EAAOSwUchZ7b6Z

I just hate the idea that I may not be getting exactly the same unit, since battery life has to be either the number one or two reason this phone is amazing.

Then again, the battery is actually made by Shenzhen BYD Lithium Battery Company Limited, so maybe these Ebay units are the real deal.

Bottom line: I'm going to try the Ebay battery, will let everyone know how that goes.
    the_boon and FF22 like this.
    04-26-18 11:47 AM
    I've had the replacement battery installed and in operation for long enough now that I feel comfortable recommending the one I linked to in my previous reply. It also came with a full size 3M adhesive that seems to hold the battery in quite firmly. With currency exchange and shipping, it cost a little over $60, which seems reasonable compared to a lot of phone batteries.
    06-10-18 03:33 PM
    I've had the replacement battery installed and in operation for long enough now that I feel comfortable recommending the one I linked to in my previous reply. It also came with a full size 3M adhesive that seems to hold the battery in quite firmly. With currency exchange and shipping, it cost a little over $60, which seems reasonable compared to a lot of phone batteries.
    The battery is still working fine?
    09-15-18 12:19 AM
    Sorry, just saw this while cleaning up ancient emails. So--one year after your question--yes it worked perfectly for the six months I continued to use the phone, before it was completely destroyed from a long fall to concrete. Interestingly, although the fall was severe, and it did bend the frame of the phone badly where the keyboard meets the screen, the screen glass itself was intact. It just basically popped out of the phone. After that, I decided that I needed to try a ruggedized phone for work. I went with the Sonim XP8. Absolutely awful phone, but I can testify to it being virtually indestructible. Many drops, hits, and one dunk later, everything is still almost like new, minus some scars to the rubberized case. And I hate it. Touch screen is sluggish and the camera app is abysmal. Unfortunately, BlackBerry, like most manufacturers, doesn't make a ruggedized phone. If they did, I'd be on the first pre-order list.
    09-27-19 10:15 PM
    you might want to take a look at the unit Unihertz Titan
    10-02-19 04:34 PM
    Given that fine steel particles can get into your phone, how do you protect your eyes, lungs, etc.?
    10-02-19 08:26 PM