Hi so I have a Blackberry KeyOne that had a cracked screen so I replaced it with another OEM part but now I see nothing on the screen at all. Unfortunately when I was disassembling the old screen I damaged it so I can't use it again but I have tried 2 new screens and see nothing. Is there a reset or something I have to perform on the screen? I have repaired multiple iPhones over the years but haven't run into this issue before. The Blackberry powers up and I can hear notifications and feel the phone vibrate so I know I haven't killed it (fully!).
    Thanks for any help in advance!
    James
    02-03-19 06:47 AM
    I replaced my screen a few months ago and did not have to reset anything or make any changes to the phone to accommodate the new screen. As soon as I turned it on with the new screen the display lit up and displayed the startup process. Assuming the phone screen driver electronics are okay, It sounds like perhaps the cable connector may not be seated correctly. Have you tried to see if you can tell if the screen is on by starting the phone in a completely dark room?
    02-03-19 04:01 PM
    Try to power it up with the back and the bracket removed. See if wiggling or pressing on the connector makes any difference.
    02-04-19 05:17 AM