I got a new battery and installed it. I could see the phone charge to 100 percent but it won't turn on. I assume I haven't fried the phone because I could watch the battery has charge. Does anyone have any next steps? I have replaced batteries in phones many times but I have never encountered this before.
    01-26-21 12:35 AM
    Was the phone working before the battery change? If so reconnect the old battery, if not... maybe it wasn't the battery.

Batteries can go bad in storage... repair shop or battery shop should be able to test both.
    01-26-21 08:11 AM
    The phone was working before with the old battery, it was just draining faster than I liked. I bought the new battery which shows a 100 percent charge with a solid green light. When the phone is plugged in I get the Blackberry flash screen followed by the battery icon showing the amount of charge. When I unplug the phone it does nothing when I try to turn it on. I put the old battery back in which shows a 79 percent charge with a solid green light. But same thing. When I unplug the phone it does nothing when I try to turn it on. Like I say, the phone with the old battery worked fine yesterday other than only giving me about 30 minutes of battery life lately. I'm stumped. Is there a way to see if I have somehow damaged the phone? I'm a total newbie when it comes to troubleshooting a Blackberry. My old Curve and Q5 still work.
    01-26-21 06:16 PM
    Hello KanadianBoy1976

Can you turn the phone on while it is charging? So when it is still plugged in?

And if you connect it with your computer, does the computer recognize the phone?

Another thing you could try is a reset. (If you haven't done that yet)
    Simply press and hold the power button for 10 seconds while the device is turned off, and the corresponding screen should appear.
    Your data should also be preserved.

Maybe this helps you Have a nice day
    01-27-21 01:10 AM
    100% make sure you have your data backed up.

Sorry but next guess is the power module... not sure on a KEYone if that's on the mainboard or a secondary board. Repair shop is your best bet now.
    01-27-21 09:04 AM
    100% make sure you have your data backed up.

Sorry but next guess is the power module... not sure on a KEYone if that's on the mainboard or a secondary board. Repair shop is your best bet now.
    When he opened the phone he may have wrecked the on off switch.
    01-27-21 09:20 AM