I own a BBB100-7 (KEYone India Dual-SIM) unit and accidentally broke 2 of the SIM #2 slot gold pins now rendering the phone as a single-SIM phone (the slot can still function for SD card memory expansion).

Since I am unable to bring this India for repairs, I began looking at alternatives to repair it. I found 2 sellers on Taobao in China who sell Dual-SIM motherboards for KEYones. They appear to be motherboards for the Mainland China version of KEYone Dual-SIM bronze.

I have a shop who can replace the motherboard for me. But before I procure the motherboards, I'd like to get some insights on whether this motherboard swap for my -7 unit would be feasible. Would it cause any issues such as a potential risk of bricking the device (e.g. violating the "hardware root of trust")?
    Last edited by hkgnyc; 08-03-18 at 09:03 AM.
    08-03-18 08:52 AM
    I'm reaching out for help on this one. I would only be guessing, BUT my guess is that the motherboard would be incompatible.
    hkgnyc likes this.
    08-03-18 09:23 AM
    The mainland China version of the dual sim bronze does not have google services. Further this variant has an extra radio band being cdma BC0. Not sure how it would cooperate in a BBB100-7 housing if at all, worth a try tho if you don’t mind losing google services coming standard without .apk them yourself.
    08-03-18 11:47 AM
    Yeah, I'm aware that of the Google limitations of the mainland Chinese versions (I understand that sideloading GMS resolves some but not all of these limitations).

I think the more attractive option would be to get my hands on a -7 motherboard (new or used) or find a shop willing to solder the 2 detached SIM pins back onto the existing board, but I haven't had success with either route.
    08-03-18 11:59 AM
    Have you checked etradesupply? They don't list KEYone parts, BUT I would still reach out to them, you NEVER know....

https://www.etradesupply.com/
    08-03-18 12:43 PM
    It might be less expensive, and certainly much less hassle to simple buy another K1. I’m sure you can find a good used one for a reasonable price.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-03-18 07:13 PM