I heard the Keyone is at times a bit sluggish and removing the hub solves the issue. Just how much sluggishness does the hub cause and how much quicker is the phone once it is removed?
    06-08-17 02:12 AM
    You can actually try it yourself: Just go into Settings, Apps and disable the Hub. I like the Hub. so I haven't really disabled it. However back on the Priv, people were reporting very noticeable increases when it comes to performance of the phone.
    06-08-17 03:25 AM
    Yep I disabled hub the performance better on my priv
    06-08-17 03:31 AM
    KEYone is not sluggish. Only in very extreme and rare cases I found it to lag a little. Other than that it is fine. BlackBerry productivity apps on the other hand are quite slow at times. Contacts, Calendar, Hub etc. They are not fast as they can easily be.
    06-08-17 05:52 AM
    I have taken it one step further and disables hub and services. Initially I thought the BlackBerry launcher was slowing things down, but it seems to be the hub etc.

Downside is once hub and services are disabled the BlackBerry contacts app doesn't work. So I simply downloaded Google contacts and replaced the BlackBerry app.

Basically the only BlackBerry Apps I have left running are the camera and the launcher itself. Dtek and radio can't be disabled unfortunately.
    06-08-17 06:22 AM
    When I disable the hub and try to use the Contacts app, it says it cannot function without the hub, how to get around this and make the contacts work without the hub?
    06-08-17 06:25 AM
    When I disable the hub and try to use the Contacts app, it says it cannot function without the hub, how to get around this and make the contacts work without the hub?
    It works without the BlackBerry Hub but can't work without the BlackBerry Hub+ Services. Note both are different apps.

If you see the post before yours, you can download Google Contacts app from the PlayStore if you want to live without BlackBerry Hub+ Services.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    06-08-17 06:59 AM
    It works without the BlackBerry Hub but can't work without the BlackBerry Hub+ Services. Note both are different apps.

If you see the post before yours, you can download Google Contacts app from the PlayStore if you want to live without BlackBerry Hub+ Services.
    ohhh perfect! I just realized that Hub and Hub + Services are 2 different things! Thanks a lot man! I personally don't like the hub at all and like my notifications separated per app
    06-08-17 07:23 AM
    Those of you who have disabled the hub, what are you using for your email app?
    06-08-17 07:30 AM
    I also deleted the Hub after using the KEYone for about a week to give the Hub a try.

I didn't disable it because I found it slowing down my phone, I disabled it because I like Mailwise better for handling email.

I really like that App and would recommend it to anyone looking for something different than the Hub to handle their email.
    06-08-17 07:43 AM
    I fluctuate between Hub and Gmail app. When I totally give up I turn the Hub off and use the native Gmail app. But then again I go back to the Hub, specially because of PKB shortcuts.
    06-08-17 07:45 AM
    Gmail app here, so used to its interface and easy of use and finding your mail folders
    06-08-17 08:09 AM
    What keyboard shortcuts have you found within the Hub. I love the shortcuts on the launcher but haven't found the same keyboard shortcuts within the Hub that were on BB10.
    06-08-17 08:32 AM
    I experience zero lag with hub actively used
    06-08-17 08:53 AM
    I couldn't imagine a blackberry without the Hub.
    06-08-17 08:58 AM
    I couldn't imagine a blackberry without the Hub.
    to each his own, I hated it since BB OS 10. I don't like having all my notifications in one place personally. I prefer to get a notification separately for each app. To each his own
    06-08-17 09:06 AM
    I've tried not having Hub for email and used other apps like Bluemail but always go back to Hub on my Keyone. My experience on the Keyone (not PRIV) is that there is no noticeable improvement in performance when disabling the Hub.
    06-08-17 09:51 AM