Dear BB community,

Is it possible to remove the labels from BB shortcut icons? I know the app labels can be removed, which makes the home page much neater, leaving the shortcuts looking a bit messy.

Currently the only way is to place them in the permanent bottom bar which is not where I want them.

Thanks for any ideas ✓
    12-04-17 02:11 AM
    Dear BB community,

Is it possible to remove the labels from BB shortcut icons? I know the app labels can be removed, which makes the home page much neater, leaving the shortcuts looking a bit messy.

Currently the only way is to place them in the permanent bottom bar which is not where I want them.

Thanks for any ideas ✓
    What do mean by labels. I'm not sure I understand the question.
    12-04-17 07:15 AM
    The icon/shortcut name or description.
    12-04-17 07:37 AM
    The icon/shortcut name or description.
    Still don't know what you mean. Do you have a screen shot? Are you trying to remove the App icon from the homescreen because you assigned a shortcut for it? If so, just long press on the icon and drag to the top where it says remove. That simply removes the icon from home screen and leaves it in the App drawer. To bring it back to home screen if you choose, long press on it app drawer and drag it back.
    12-04-17 08:33 AM
    Every app icon has a label, for example under the Blackberry Messenger app icon it says 'BBM'.

with the Blackberry launcher it is possible to edit or remove that name or label.

My question is whether there is anyway we can do the same for BlackBerry shortcuts provided by BlackBerry launcher.
    12-04-17 08:42 AM
    Every app icon has a label, for example under the Blackberry Messenger app icon it says 'BBM'.

with the Blackberry launcher it is possible to edit or remove that name or label.

My question is whether there is anyway we can do the same for BlackBerry shortcuts provided by BlackBerry launcher.
    Where are you seeing shortcut labels that you want removed?
    12-04-17 08:47 AM
    Possible with Nova Launcher.
    12-04-17 09:07 AM
    Possible with Nova Launcher.
    Although the shortcuts are part of BlackBerry Launcher, I think, so they're unusable in Nova if I remember correctly.
    12-04-17 11:53 AM
    Thanks for all your help and suggestion. I think the option to remove the shortcut is not yet available. Perhaps with the next launcher update..
    12-04-17 08:31 PM
    Thanks for all your help and suggestion. I think the option to remove the shortcut is not yet available. Perhaps with the next launcher update..
    I still don't understand what shortcut you are trying to remove.
    12-05-17 03:41 PM
    By label, pretty sure he just means the name of the BB function shortcuts that u can add, ie, 'add event,' or, 'view alarms.' So, shortcut label/name as opposed to app label/name (Chrome, or Calendar, for ex). Correct, op?
    12-05-17 04:56 PM
    By label, pretty sure he just means the name of the BB function shortcuts that u can add, ie, 'add event,' or, 'view alarms.' So, shortcut label/name as opposed to app label/name (Chrome, or Calendar, for ex). Correct, op?
    Ahh I see. Other solution would be to not have the shortcuts on home screen at all and assign to keyboard shortcuts instead I suppose. Would look much cleaner that way.
    12-05-17 05:34 PM
    Correct!

Anyway, it can't be done at the moment. So thanks anyway.
    12-05-17 07:20 PM

Correct!

Anyway, it can't be done at the moment. So thanks anyway.
    12-05-17 07:21 PM
    click on a blank portion of any home screen
    open Launcher
    go to settings
    select App Appearance
    select any App that you want to edit
    view the Label for the App and remove anything that you do not want to appear (blank set)
    go out of Launcher and the App Label will be blank
    FF22 likes this.
    12-08-17 07:56 PM
    That definitely works for modifying or deleting application names, but unfortunately doesn't seem to for shortcuts to BB functions - in my experience, anyway
    12-08-17 10:18 PM