The Classic brought me back to BlackBerry and I said goodbye to iPhone. Amazing 2 years on it and BB10..sadly to watch BB10 die. Then the excitement of a new BlackBerry Android device!! got the Keyone when it came out. So, okay, it will be 2 years on this device. What's next? Keyone2? That's it? have we reached the point where Keyone will be Keyone 2, 3, 4...? Seems to me the excitement stopped when so many rumours were going around up to the launch in Barcelona 2017..now it's only about Android security patch upgrades 😕.. Is Keyone as we know it the only device / form factor for years to come?
    11-20-18 09:19 PM
    Nope, they decided to take it a step back and got rid of the right shift for the sake of an app switcher...we have empty slots for additional keys on either side- hopefully they figure it out on the next one.
    11-20-18 11:54 PM
    The Classic brought me back to BlackBerry and I said goodbye to iPhone. Amazing 2 years on it and BB10..sadly to watch BB10 die. Then the excitement of a new BlackBerry Android device!! got the Keyone when it came out. So, okay, it will be 2 years on this device. What's next? Keyone2? That's it? have we reached the point where Keyone will be Keyone 2, 3, 4...? Seems to me the excitement stopped when so many rumours were going around up to the launch in Barcelona 2017..now it's only about Android security patch upgrades .. Is Keyone as we know it the only device / form factor for years to come?
    You do realize that there is a KEY2 and a KEY2 LE which have been released right ?
    11-21-18 12:54 AM
    Yes.
    11-21-18 07:06 AM
    Ah!. Cool!
    11-21-18 07:07 AM
    Two years. It's not even Thanksgiving. The K1 came out around memorial day.
    11-21-18 07:39 AM
    The fact the Keyones exist and has a PKB at all is basically a miracle in and of itself
    the_boon likes this.
    11-23-18 07:33 PM
    Two years. It's not even Thanksgiving. The K1 came out around memorial day.
    Re-read. He's talking about the initial rumors and renders of the Mercury which ultimately was the KeyOne, not the KeyOnes official release date.

I bought mine July 2017 and use it back and forth with my Passport SE. Overall I love the device. It's the future of BBMobile and I like the direction they are heading.

The KeyOne had a great keyboard as well. Of course no BlackBerry keyboard is perfect, they all have their own idiosyncrasies. The KeyOne had a few unique features. It's the first modern BlackBerry keyboard to have a glossy finish. It incorporated the fingerprint sensor in the space bar (legendary), of course it was capacitive, key shortcuts, and the cool blinking LED on the spacebar. The fret design is also aesthetically nice. I like how the fret wraps a little over the edge, the newly recent Key2LE's keyboard mimmicks this design.

The only drawback is the phone isn't the snappiest. Snapchat is a nightmare and it runs average.

The battery is legendary.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-18 08:09 PM
    I have a similar story as the thread creator. I tossed my iphone 5 to go back to BlackBerry since the Curve in 2015. I've had every BB10 device except the q5, leap, z3, the porshe design phones. It's been an interestingly fun wave. I really respect what BlackBerry stands for and their devices are very unique. Seeing it's growth from the Classic to the Key2 is awesome.

Can't wait for the Key Thrice

Posted via CB10
    11-23-18 08:12 PM
    Re-read. He's talking about the initial rumors and renders of the Mercury which ultimately was the KeyOne, not the KeyOnes official release date.

I bought mine July 2017 and use it back and forth with my Passport SE. Overall I love the device. It's the future of BBMobile and I like the direction they are heading.

The KeyOne had a great keyboard as well. Of course no BlackBerry keyboard is perfect, they all have their own idiosyncrasies. The KeyOne had a few unique features. It's the first modern BlackBerry keyboard to have a glossy finish. It incorporated the fingerprint sensor in the space bar (legendary), of course it was capacitive, key shortcuts, and the cool blinking LED on the spacebar. The fret design is also aesthetically nice. I like how the fret wraps a little over the edge, the newly recent Key2LE's keyboard mimmicks this design.

The only drawback is the phone isn't the snappiest. Snapchat is a nightmare and it runs average.

The battery is legendary.

Posted via CB10
    The main thing I hate about the KEYone's design (especially silver) is that huge top bezel, as well as the frets that don't match the frame. Those frets should have been the same matte silver as the rest of the device's trim. And don't get me started on those glossy keys lol
    11-24-18 11:39 AM
    The main thing I hate about the KEYone's design (especially silver) is that huge top bezel, as well as the frets that don't match the frame. Those frets should have been the same matte silver as the rest of the device's trim. And don't get me started on those glossy keys lol
    I agree about the top bezel. It doesn't fit well like for example the Passport SE. The reason being is because there's no side silver frame around the screen, so the top bezel kind of just pops out sorely. I would love to own the black model, it looks better.

As far as the shiny frets, I tend to agree. The only reason I could see them making them shiny is to match the glossy keyboard. If the keyboard was matte I'm sure it would be the same as the frame. Isn't this the case on the Key2LE? The frets are the same design as the KeyOne and looks like they are "shiny" too. The slate color I noticed the frets having a glossy finish while the keyboard is matte. It looks good though, no complaints.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-18 08:43 PM
    I actually prefer the frets on the KEYone over the KEY2. Similar to the Classic, best looking BlackBerry IMO. The device was kind of odd looking, though. KEY2 looks great overall. More consistent.
    11-24-18 08:59 PM
    I agree about the top bezel. It doesn't fit well like for example the Passport SE. The reason being is because there's no side silver frame around the screen, so the top bezel kind of just pops out sorely. I would love to own the black model, it looks better.

As far as the shiny frets, I tend to agree. The only reason I could see them making them shiny is to match the glossy keyboard. If the keyboard was matte I'm sure it would be the same as the frame. Isn't this the case on the Key2LE? The frets are the same design as the KeyOne and looks like they are "shiny" too. The slate color I noticed the frets having a glossy finish while the keyboard is matte. It looks good though, no complaints.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I just wish the champagne LE had matching champagne frets because until the Atomic comes out, that would have been my color of choice but instead I prefer slate for now since the trim is more consistent.
    11-25-18 04:24 AM