I've had the KEYone since it came out and have used Verizon's texting app Message+ all this time and have never had any issues, until recently when the red star stopped showing up on the Message+ home-screen icon. I still get a red star on the Hub icon (and can see the text message in the Hub, as well as in the Message+ app), but none on the Message+ icon. This began a few weeks ago. It was never an issue before.

Can someone who uses VZW's Message+ app please tell me if they have the same issue?

Thanks.
    Last edited by classact; 05-07-18 at 03:34 PM.
    05-07-18 03:22 PM
    I've had the KEYone since it came out and have used Verizon's texting app Message+ all this time and have never had any issues, until recently when the red star stopped showing up on the Message+ home-screen icon. I still get a red star on the Hub icon (and can see the text message in the Hub, as well as in the Message+ app), but none on the Message+ icon. This began a few weeks ago. It was never an issue before.

Can someone who uses VZW's Message+ app please tell me if they have the same issue?

Thanks.
    Yes I have the same problem since the last hub update. I even unstalled an older version of messages+ but had the same problem.
    My solution was to install the message+ widget under settings and this icon will actually show a number instead of the red dot.
    05-07-18 07:39 PM
    Same problem here. No more splats on my Message + icon . Hub is fine.
    05-10-18 07:08 PM
    The same problem persists of not have the notification star on the VZW Message+ icon -- only now it's also not appearing on the Hub icon either! I won't know I have a text message unless I look in the notifications pull-down or try the Widget trick RadioTech suggested.

What gives?

Anyone else having the same issue?
    09-03-18 08:27 PM
    Same problem. I get the alert in my notification pane but no red spark on the app.
    09-04-18 12:38 PM
    The last two posts might come from Oreo users. Back around the beginning of the year, the red star notification disappeared for many reporters in Nougat. Developers said that was a consequence of getting Launcher ready for Oreo. At that time, a workaround was to uninstall Launcher updates and, eventually, it seems like sparks came back, in my experience, at least.

Oreo is crap for a lot of posters and has led me to perform 3 resets and a Mobile Updater re-load of 8.1. I get the spark on Messages and Hub for my SE K1 unlocked on T-Mobile but not on the email account shortcuts. I did try the old workaround of rolling back Launcher but it did no good. Also, except for gmail, my accounts don't sync without re-booting or re-opening Hub. I've spent hours on this POS and give up wasting my time trying to get it to work like a $650 phone ought to work.
    09-06-18 08:05 PM
    the only thing that worked for me was installing the text widget.
    09-07-18 08:37 AM
    I get the spark on Messages and Hub for my SE K1 unlocked on T-Mobile but not on the email account shortcuts.
    FWIW, spark for new email has come back on my home screen shortcuts. Play reports Launcher, the nexus of this problem last year, was updated 13 hours ago. Maybe that's why, idk.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-11-18 11:19 AM