So does anyone know what the line actually is? I don't really want to have to return the phone, but is that the only solution?
    Defective screen. Replacement is only fix.
    06-03-17 02:06 AM
    So does anyone know what the line actually is? I don't really want to have to return the phone, but is that the only solution?
    The line doesn't disappear after soft/hard reset, it's a pixel-wide line across the entire screen from top to bottom. I'm thinking it's a hardware problem.
    06-03-17 03:04 AM
    Here's my video that demonstrates how it looks. The clicks you hear come from the camera focusing mechanism when the phone boots up.
    06-03-17 03:13 AM
    Well Rogers is sending me a new one in the next 2 -5 business days. Once I described the problem, they didn't even question it so I guess its pretty common.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-07-17 03:26 PM
    Well Rogers is sending me a new one in the next 2 -5 business days. Once I described the problem, they didn't even question it so I guess its pretty common.
    Good to hear it was simple for you. +1 for Rogers
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-08-17 02:54 AM
    You can also be smart about like I have been since the PlayBook days loll

That's for another thread.

So op why can't you just return it for a refund ?
    Oh my. I just had a green vertical line in the same position as yours. Wonder what quality issue this suggests? So, discouraging.

I can and I will. I'm just terribly disappointed.
    06-13-17 10:45 PM
    same issue here...mine is red.
    Mine just appeared - green vertical line. This is starting to look like a trend.

It's not like BlackBerry or tcl manufactured the screen. But yeah quality control is pure junk. No one at bb has heard of 6 sigma that's for sure.
    Cistulli is assembling all the K1s by hand.
    Of course, he has no time to give updates about availability etc.
    06-13-17 10:49 PM
    Oh my. I just had a green vertical line in the same position as yours. Wonder what quality issue this suggests? So, discouraging.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7b479fc090.jpg
    Sorry to hear that. How long have you had the phone before the green line appeared? Seems like this phone is truly in disaster territory now.
    06-13-17 10:58 PM
    Tcl must have bought the cheapest hardwares
    06-13-17 11:19 PM
    Mine just appeared - green vertical line. This is starting to look like a trend
    Return it for replacement or refund
    06-13-17 11:29 PM
    I bought a new Samsung PC monitor and I had a similar blue stripe on the right side. Replaced it.
    06-14-17 02:09 AM
    I am in the UK and I have had no problems with my handset. I would never buy a phone from another country unless it was direct from the manufacture. Surely phones differ from country to country network to network.
    Roadie29 likes this.
    06-14-17 04:29 AM
    I feel for all of you with issues, such a promising phone riddled with problems.

When it rains it pours, I guess.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-17 05:05 AM
    Return it for replacement or refund
    Whew! I feel a little better. It looks like Amazon will replace my K1 with the line down the screen. Better yet, it looks like I can wait to return this one until I receive the replacement and can take time to re-set up all my apps and UI personalizations.

Thank Gawd for Amazon!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-14-17 07:13 PM
    Whew! I feel a little better. It looks like Amazon will replace my K1 with the line down the screen. Better yet, it looks like I can wait to return this one until I receive the replacement and can take time to re-set up all my apps and UI personalizations.

Thank Gawd for Amazon!
    Good news and great they let you keep it until the replacement arrives. I plan to buy from BestBuy, but Amazon might be a better option.
    06-14-17 11:10 PM
65 123