Hi, I've had my Keyone now for a while, and every now and again my ear speaker stops working.

The first time it happened, I assumed it was a hardware fault (I'd dropped my phone shortly before it happened), I sent it to be repaired under warranty and when it came back it was working. However, based on the repair log that was sent to me with the phone, all they actually did was a factory reset, the ear speaker hadn't been changed.

The next time it happened I realised that the cause of the first issue (and the second) was answering the phone when my bluetooth headphones were hanging around my neck, but still connected to the device. I put my phone to my ear but couldn't hear anything, then suddenly realised that my bluetooth headset was connected and powered off the bluetooth headset while the call was connected.

I assume that there's some sort of firmware glitch where a flag tells the phone that audio is being routed to the bluetooth connection, and in certain scenarios - like a paniked hard power-off of the bluetooth device - the flag doesn't get cleared.

Nothing seemed to undo the issue. I could continue to route call audio to to the bluetooth device or to the main speaker, but not to the ear speaker.

Second time around I tried all the things that I'd tried first time around, rebooting, holding power for while so the phone buzzes a few times and does - what the internet tells me - is a power cycle reboot. I even installed an app to hammer my battery to try and run the battery out, but could never get lower than 1% before the phone shut itself down instead of running out completely.

I don't know what happened the second time, I was using the headset for calls and working myself up to factory resetting again, when I realised the earspeaker was working again.

Since that point, I've always been very careful to take the call on my headset if I forget that it's connected, rather than power down mid call.

Today however, I find that the earspeaker is once again silent.

Thinking back, I was working on Thursday night with my phone streaming spotify to the bar speaker system through bluetooth, when someone tried to call. I tried answering and couldn't hear anything through the earspeaker, and figured the issue was because I was connected to the bar PA so ended the call, and sent them a text message.

I'd not used the phone since that point, so I'm guess that once again some sort of bluetooth audio routing flag is preventing the earspeaker from working.

Can anyone think of something that I can try, other than a factory reset or just waiting and hoping the audio routing issue fixes itself like it did last time?
    05-14-21 12:16 PM
    Hi, I've had my Keyone now for a while, and every now and again my ear speaker stops working.

The first time it happened, I assumed it was a hardware fault (I'd dropped my phone shortly before it happened), I sent it to be repaired under warranty and when it came back it was working. However, based on the repair log that was sent to me with the phone, all they actually did was a factory reset, the ear speaker hadn't been changed.

The next time it happened I realised that the cause of the first issue (and the second) was answering the phone when my bluetooth headphones were hanging around my neck, but still connected to the device. I put my phone to my ear but couldn't hear anything, then suddenly realised that my bluetooth headset was connected and powered off the bluetooth headset while the call was connected.

I assume that there's some sort of firmware glitch where a flag tells the phone that audio is being routed to the bluetooth connection, and in certain scenarios - like a paniked hard power-off of the bluetooth device - the flag doesn't get cleared.

Nothing seemed to undo the issue. I could continue to route call audio to to the bluetooth device or to the main speaker, but not to the ear speaker.

Second time around I tried all the things that I'd tried first time around, rebooting, holding power for while so the phone buzzes a few times and does - what the internet tells me - is a power cycle reboot. I even installed an app to hammer my battery to try and run the battery out, but could never get lower than 1% before the phone shut itself down instead of running out completely.

I don't know what happened the second time, I was using the headset for calls and working myself up to factory resetting again, when I realised the earspeaker was working again.

Since that point, I've always been very careful to take the call on my headset if I forget that it's connected, rather than power down mid call.

Today however, I find that the earspeaker is once again silent.

Thinking back, I was working on Thursday night with my phone streaming spotify to the bar speaker system through bluetooth, when someone tried to call. I tried answering and couldn't hear anything through the earspeaker, and figured the issue was because I was connected to the bar PA so ended the call, and sent them a text message.

I'd not used the phone since that point, so I'm guess that once again some sort of bluetooth audio routing flag is preventing the earspeaker from working.

Can anyone think of something that I can try, other than a factory reset or just waiting and hoping the audio routing issue fixes itself like it did last time?
    Go to developer options and disable USB audio routing.
    05-14-21 02:36 PM