Hey all,

Would anybody be willing to try to boot to recovery (adb reboot recovery)? I expect to see the android with something like a yellow exclamation (which is where you would normally provide some key combination to enter stock recovery mode. When I do this, I see a "sorry, this is embarrassing, the update has failed. Your phone will reboot in 120 seconds" message. A combination of power and volume buttons takes me to a black screen with white text at the bottom saying "Supported api version:3" Very strange. It has also persisted through factory reset. There is a script in the system files called install_recovery which makes me think it's a protected partition that is only "enabled" when needed. I even tried pulling the script and running it but of course that didn't work. Thanks in advance!
    07-24-17 07:06 AM
    AFAIK, on a "normal" AOSP Android, the "install_recovery.sh" re-installs the default recovery if needed. That is, after you've manually changed the recovery to something else (e.g. TWRP) or there was an OS update which contains a newer default recovery.

It also has to run in the correct security context. Also see here.
    jcrutchvt2010 likes this.
    07-25-17 05:42 AM
    AFAIK, on a "normal" AOSP Android, the "install_recovery.sh" re-installs the default recovery if needed. That is, after you've manually changed the recovery to something else (e.g. TWRP) or there was an OS update which contains a newer default recovery.

It also has to run in the correct security context. Also see here.
    Good reading for sure! I'm curious why the stock recovery is inaccessible for me indicating an install failed even persisting after reboot. Wondering if others can get into stock recovery on K1. Thanks!
    07-25-17 06:52 AM
    Good reading for sure! I'm curious why the stock recovery is inaccessible for me indicating an install failed even persisting after reboot. Wondering if others can get into stock recovery on K1. Thanks!
    Why are you doing this? Trying to root the phone?
    07-25-17 01:32 PM
    Why are you doing this? Trying to root the phone?
    No just wanted to quickly do a cache wipe. I know i can do fastboot format cache but recovery was my first go-to and it didn't work.
    07-27-17 07:00 AM