Screen fell off my KeyOne and ripped the tape connection so screen doesn't work....but device still works...i just have no way of controlling it as no screen access. Is there anyway I can get my info back that is stored on the device. Just want to transfer info to my new KeyOne.
    03-19-18 05:23 PM
    Screen fell off my KeyOne and ripped the tape connection so screen doesn't work....but device still works...i just have no way of controlling it as no screen access. Is there anyway I can get my info back that is stored on the device. Just want to transfer info to my new KeyOne.
    Depends what info you want and where it is stored. A lot of your information is already tied to your Google account. Is there anything stored on a micro SD card?
    03-19-18 05:25 PM
    Contacts are stored locally on the old KeyOne and that's the info I want.
    03-20-18 11:05 AM
    Hmm I'm not sure exactly how you'd be able to extract them. Always save your contacts to your Google account going forward!
    03-20-18 11:54 AM
    Try going to your carrier they might have a computer software that can do it.
    03-20-18 11:55 AM
    I think you may be out of luck. Without the screen it is nearly impossible to deal with the phone. Physically it canNOT be linked for any kind of video/visual output. I'm not sure if you can mirror or cast it using wifi to say a tv. Getting past any kind of password security would be difficult. I guess if you are lucky and have another KeyOne and can kind of echo what you see on the screen of one can be accomplished with the keyboard, it might be possibly but I'd think that is a very remote possibility.

The other option would be to purchase a new screen and fix it yourself or a repair shop.
    03-20-18 12:02 PM
    Thanks FF22 for the reply. Here is some sort of good news I just found out. My phone still connects via Bluetooth to my car....and my old KEYONE is still synced so when I turn on the Bluetooth in the car....all my contacts appear on the screen....but it's going to be a long manual process to re-enter
    03-20-18 12:10 PM
    Thanks FF22 for the reply. Here is some sort of good news I just found out. My phone still connects via Bluetooth to my car....and my old KEYONE is still synced so when I turn on the Bluetooth in the car....all my contacts appear on the screen....but it's going to be a long manual process to re-enter
    Well, maybe the phone is NOT locked in that case. You might be able to connect to a tv using wifi (or is Smart Lock being used between car and KeyOne?)

I guess you could video the car's screen and page through your contacts and then review the video in stop-action at your convenience and copy/enter the data.

Good luck.

Also this might be an opportunity to suggest that you come up with a backup plan of your own. Not sure about exporting or if you are will to "share" with Google?
    03-20-18 02:27 PM
    Good advice from all.....I will NOT ever let this happen again !!!!
    03-20-18 03:23 PM
    Good advice from all.....I will NOT ever let this happen again !!!!
    How about hoping BBMo will not let sub-par adhesive happen again
    03-20-18 05:41 PM
    Try going to your carrier they might have a computer software that can do it.
    I was thinking the same thing, back in the day Carriers had the means of transferring your info to the new phone and it had to be done at the OS level since cloud storage wasn't around then. I don't know how much the Android file system has changed but it could be worth a shot.
    03-20-18 11:40 PM