I resynced Textra this morning and a bunch of texts doubled or tripled up. I deleted the dupes, and resynced but the ones I deleted were all gone. I've been running thru the gamut of apps claiming it could undelete them but they all need seem to need root. I haven't opened Google Messages so that is technically synced with the missing messages.

Suggestions?
    01-26-18 01:26 PM
    FBI has had some success recently.
    Sorry, couldn't resist, although, unless you have some type of back up app going, it may take that.
    01-26-18 03:57 PM
    I never backed up before. I installed and ran SMS Backup and Restore an hour or so ago, and resynced and nothing changed - August, September and October of 1 thread still not coming up. I know the texts are still on here but obviously need the right app or program to actually look in the deep dark depths of the KEYone. One of the apps did manage to pull up thousands of jpegs including a few screenshots I deleted months ago, but haven't found anything that can find the texts.
    Mike Owsley likes this.
    01-26-18 04:04 PM
    I'm not familiar with anything that would do what you need, but maybe someone with more knowledge than me will come along. At least I was able to give you a bump.
    And if you figure out anything yourself, please let us know.
    01-26-18 05:17 PM
    I found that backing up texts is smart with certain apps that can make it a excel file. That way if u lose texts or get a new phone, etc, with the Excel file u can always open it and read the old messages. Same with calendar entries.
    01-26-18 05:29 PM
    yeah I used to do backups with my Curve and Classic. Got lazy and I never did that with my PRIV and now KeyOne.
    01-26-18 05:31 PM
    Maybe ask in the third-party apps forum.
    01-26-18 10:19 PM
    Maybe you can find the solution on Google, I just try one, and it can get back the deleted texts on my phone.
    02-01-18 03:43 AM
    https://www.mobikin.com/android-reco...oid-phone.htmlIn this situation, you need to search a data recovery software to get back deleted text messages on the phone, unless you have a backup files.
    Requires root, not gonna happen on a BB device.
    megafan2000 likes this.
    02-01-18 04:23 AM
    Maybe you can find the solution on Google, I just try one, and it can get back the deleted texts on my phone.
    And what solution would that be. I spent a whole day trying multiple software and they all arrive at the same spot - phone has to be rooted.
    02-01-18 07:49 AM