Does anyone recommend an app that can quickly scan a business card yet allow the new contact to be loaded into a Google contact? I've tried one that was great but saved right as a local contact on phone which obviously isn't ideal for most android users/keyone users who want to synch and use their Google contacts
    01-25-18 10:21 AM
    You can always sync your local contacts to Google. Also, the KeyOne camera app now has a business card scanner. Haven't tested that, though.
    JWW likes this.
    01-25-18 10:30 AM
    You can always sync your local contacts to Google. Also, the KeyOne camera app now has a business card scanner. Haven't tested that, though.
    Unaware of both of these - camera app has scanner? I did not know you could synch local contacts to Google. Frankly, I need very good tutorials/instructions on what contact and calendar app for BlackBerry android really can do...
    01-25-18 10:47 AM
    I've tested the business card scanner mode in Camera today and was amazed how quickly did it do the OCR and populated all the fields. it offers you the choice of accounts to which to save the new contact.
    JWW, psychofox13 and Sigewif like this.
    01-25-18 10:51 AM
    Business card scanner in the camera app? Please elaborate. I'm on the January ATT update which didn't come with locker. My guess it didn't come with business card scanner too.
    01-25-18 12:05 PM
    I've tested the business card scanner mode in Camera today and was amazed how quickly did it do the OCR and populated all the fields. it offers you the choice of accounts to which to save the new contact.
    I'm glad you pointed this out. I just checked and there it is. I'll have to test this out, maybe I can delete the bc scanner app I have on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    01-25-18 12:16 PM
    Does anyone recommend an app that can quickly scan a business card yet allow the new contact to be loaded into a Google contact? I've tried one that was great but saved right as a local contact on phone which obviously isn't ideal for most android users/keyone users who want to synch and use their Google contacts
    I'm using Cam Card for scanning the business card. Here is the screen shot of the app.
    Attached Thumbnails Recommendation for Biz Card scanning app-30427.jpg  
    JWW likes this.
    01-25-18 12:34 PM
    Business card scanner in the camera app? Please elaborate. I'm on the January ATT update which didn't come with locker. My guess it didn't come with business card scanner too.
    It most likely did come with the Locker and Convenience key upgrades, so if you don't have it, you probably don't have this either. To check, open your Camera app, and tap Mode (right of the capture button). The last option should be "Scanner".
    01-25-18 06:20 PM
    Unaware of both of these - camera app has scanner? I did not know you could synch local contacts to Google. Frankly, I need very good tutorials/instructions on what contact and calendar app for BlackBerry android really can do...
    Follow the directions on the link below. To make it easier, and have less duplicates, make sure to tap the menu button in the "Contacts" app (top left corner), tap "Local contacts", then start the export from the directions on this website.

https://www.techrepublic.com/article...cts-to-google/
    andy957 and JWW like this.
    01-25-18 06:35 PM